Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cj001f View Post
    Yes, you are correct. Alcohol aid not so much in the smarts department.
    You should take some acid.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

skiing on acid was a favorite of mine also, but only back east. Out west I never felt it would be right, at the time. I'm not trying to reign on anyone elses experience, but I have/had too much respect for the rocky mountains.

I loved to trip, and I loved to do everything while on acid. That's why I stopped. You start, or least I started, to live for that experience, and the things you loved to do sober before,become less appealing while not tripping.

Obviously, I took it too far. And I think that those are the people who end up on the corner. It's not so much that they believe in what their saying,... but what it is their feeling. In a way their addicted to that feeling, but so much more aware and alert. Not like your classic junkie, all cracked out and feining, but ALIVE and preaching that religious experience b/c that's all they know now.

Now, I never ended up on a corner or anything like that...not even close. But I know the feeling of how that infinate straight 2way road starts to bend
    and it's funny that these guys literally end up in a corner. What seems like such an enlightening experience can quickly turn into a dead-end.

All that I will say about the whole "smarter" thing is that I sure learned alot about myself and my limits. It was like challenge...me vs. lsd...who's gonna freak out first.

going back to the original question, I'd look for a bunch of articles on extracting DMT from botanicals. It does not sound difficult or dangerous, unless you're a dumb ass who like to light up over a bowl of benzene. and take the effort to do the extra extractions to purify it. needled and yellow crystals is what you should get.

Extracted DMT is a lot easier to stomach... well, that's a misnomer... you can't eat it due to MAO, which will render it useless if you ingest it through the digestive tract. this is why ayahuasca needs to be eaten w/ a MAOI (MAO inhibitor). it's also whIy ayahuasca causes severe puking. t's also why it's dangerous if you're taking stuff that needs to be metabolized by MAO - blue cheese, bananas, etc.

DMT is supposedly a very altering experience if injected. If smoked, it hits hard and fast, but wears off within 15 - 30 mins. (Smoking and injecting bypasses the liver, which means it doesn't get broken down immediately.) Very managable, and typically the drug used for medical studies - partially because LSD and mescaline are so stigmatized by the powers that be, despite the fact that they're interesting molecules.

You can also do the mescaline route if you can get some san pedro cactus or buttons.

good luck! go do the delysid diddle dance!
    Last edited by tetsuma; 10-06-2006 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benDover View Post
    It was like challenge...me vs. lsd...who's gonna freak out first.
    I know what you mean. I had some acid once and it was like "let's arm wrassle", and I was like "fuck you lsd, your mom rides the bed post"

Then lsd was all "yo kidwoo, you kiss pee pee"

So then like I grabbed lsd by the foil and punched it in the beavis and butthead graphic. Lsd was like "whatever". So I crumpled up lsd and threw it in the fire place.

I'm pretty sure I won but I had some fucked up looking squirrels staring into my window for a few hours all licking the glass and stuff.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Yeah, I've done quite a bit of research on DMT (thank you Tool for sparking my interest). It's actually a chemical that is produced naturally in our brain, but is only released 2 times during our lifetime: at the moment of death and the moment of birth.
    The whole 20 minute trip off of pure DMT sounds appealing, especially since it basically alters your entire world completely, but from all the reports that I've read, that twenty minutes can seem like years. Literally. I doubt that I'll ever get up the balls to try it.
    Salvia just seems like a bad idea. I think I'd probably try morning glories above anything else.
    I think a lot of people have raised some very valid points in this thread and I can relate to almost all of them. I think the key to it all is moderation, moderation, moderation, like with everything else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I know what you mean. I had some acid once and it was like "let's arm wrassle", and I was like "fuck you lsd, your mom rides the bed post"

Then lsd was all "yo kidwoo, you kiss pee pee"

So then like I grabbed lsd by the foil and punched it in the beavis and butthead graphic. Lsd was like "whatever". So I crumpled up lsd and threw it in the fire place.

I'm pretty sure I won but I had some fucked up looking squirrels staring into my window for a few hours all licking the glass and stuff.

Classic...

What's some of the craziest experiences you've all had while tripping? I can't really contribute my own since I can count the number of times I've tripped on one hand, but my gf used to trip acid and go to science class in highschool, among a lot of other stupid things... fucking hippies.

science class...whatever

try public speaking on the big Q & A day after the "legalize weed" speech and nobody else shows up!

f'ing hippies!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm11 View Post
    Classic...

What's some of the craziest experiences you've all had while tripping? I can't really contribute my own since I can count the number of times I've tripped on one hand, but my gf used to trip acid and go to science class in highschool, among a lot of other stupid things... fucking hippies.

Well, I've never really had a bad experience..or trip whatever you want to call it. Getting an education on cuts of meat from the butcher at Albertsons in Tahoe City was interesting. I didn't buy any meat..

The Bill Graham Memorial concert with 600k people in Golden Gate Park was cool. CSNY killed it. When the Otis Spunkmeyer plane dropped flowers on the masses it was over the top.

Stuck on some in bounds cliffs at Whistler ranks up there..

Quote Originally Posted by Storm11 View Post
    Yeah, I've done quite a bit of research on DMT (thank you Tool for sparking my interest). It's actually a chemical that is produced naturally in our brain, but is only released 2 times during our lifetime: at the moment of death and the moment of birth.
    The whole 20 minute trip off of pure DMT sounds appealing, especially since it basically alters your entire world completely, but from all the reports that I've read, that twenty minutes can seem like years. Literally. I doubt that I'll ever get up the balls to try it.
    It's very akin to being held down by a giant 600lb blanket and being shown things. Not a whole lot of room for introspection until afterwords. Pretty overwhelming. I feel pretty priviledged to have come accross it though. The south american beverage of choice sounds more interesting to me.

Salvia just seems like a bad idea. I think I'd probably try morning glories above anything else.
    You ever have a really bad concussion where you go blind? It's kind of like that. Very disorienting. Pretty unique but certainly nothing I care to do again. And tastes like shit when smoked.

I really don't see how salvia is any worse of an idea than any other hallucinogen. Based on what is known so far- it is among the safest and has no bad after effects.
    "Verily, my folly has grown tall in the mountains." - Fredrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

skiing on acid.....

one of the best ski days of my life was at Bachelor after taking mescaline. Riding at full speed across a blue (yeah ice) sphere...
    never more confident...air time was timeless.
    never more crazy...that shit was so bomb.
    oh...I think I might of smoked a little marijuana...but I can't remember.

I like skinning on blow.
    You look like I need a drink.

had to throw a reply in here to show my support for this thread. as for hallucinogenics, mushrooms are probably one of the best and most intense moments in my life. i am mainly a pot smoker but have tried other things and would give up all of it if I knew I could eat mushrooms twice a month for the rest of my life.

This is your brain on drugs

I ate some mushrooms a few months ago for a rock festival. Good high but I'll take LSD any day every time over mushrooms. Ecstacy too... Mushrooms make you sick. Don't buy into all that natural crap. LSD and MDA are the way to go if you want to trip.
    Last edited by 4matic; 10-07-2006 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I ate some mushrooms a few months ago for a rock festival. Good high but I'll take LSD any day every time over mushrooms. Ecstacy too... Mushrooms make you sick. Don't buy into all that natural crap. LSD and MDA are the way to go if you want to trip.
    Mushrooms and LSD are both fun. Only thing I really don't like about mushrooms is the stomach pain afterwards, which isnt too bad, and that sometimes they can get kind of dark.

Mescaline is my favorate though. No reason to ever do mushies or acid when you can get it, for me at least. Much much much crazier hallucinations plus it doesnt have the dark side of the trip that mushrooms sometimes can.

I was a spotter for a buddy of mine when he did DMT before this past summer before the semester started. He had a pretty good expirence, it seemed. He really doesn't talk about it, but said it was pretty enlightening. I am not sure how much he truly remembered afterwards, though. I would like to try it someday, don't know if I ever will though. I would want to make sure I am really prepared for it.

As of now, mescaline provides all the entertainment I need.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Tried shrooms this summer, really liked it (got to see the mountains and satellite dishes behind Stanford breathing) but I really wanna try acid and mescaline. Problem is, they're both insanely hard to find on the east coast. I can't say that I'm huge on the hallucinogenic lifestyle, but I wanna keep my options open and try whats out there a few times. Ya only live once, right?

Last edited by 4matic : Today at 08:24 PM.
    salvia does not make you sick- and no brain damage is a nice plus that you dont get with MDMA, no flashbacks like LSD
    "Verily, my folly has grown tall in the mountains." - Fredrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    "people like me?"

You should learn your audience before making assumptions.
    I'm keeping my mouth shut about suburban white kids who idolize tupac.

Just wanted to stop in and say,

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! !
    More gauze pads, please hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    salvia does not make you sick- and no brain damage is a nice plus that you dont get with MDMA, no flashbacks like LSD
    What brain damage did you get from mdma?

The creator of LSD. Dr. Albert Hoffman, turned 100 this year. He looks great and talks fondly about his dozens of LSD experiences.

''It's very, very dangerous to lose contact with living nature,'' he said, listing to the right in a green armchair that looked out over frost-dusted fields and snow-laced trees. A glass pitcher held a bouquet of roses on the coffee table before him. ''In the big cities, there are people who have never seen living nature, all things are products of humans,'' he said. ''The bigger the town, the less they see and understand nature.'' And, yes, he said, LSD, which he calls his ''problem child,'' could help reconnect people to the universe.

Rounding a century, Mr. Hofmann is physically reduced but mentally clear. He is prone to digressions, ambling with pleasure through memories of his boyhood, but his bright eyes flash with the recollection of a mystical experience he had on a forest path more than 90 years ago in the hills above Baden, Switzerland. The experience left him longing for a similar glimpse of what he calls ''a miraculous, powerful, unfathomable reality.''

''I was completely astonished by the beauty of nature,'' he said, laying a slightly gnarled finger alongside his nose, his longish white hair swept back from his temples and the crown of his head. He said any natural scientist who was not a mystic was not a real natural scientist. ''Outside is pure energy and colorless substance,'' he said. ''All of the rest happens through the mechanism of our senses. Our eyes see just a small fraction of the light in the world. It is a trick to make a colored world, which does not exist outside of human beings.''

He took the drug dozens of times after that, he said, and once experienced what he called a ''horror trip'' when he was tired and Mr. Junger gave him amphetamines first. But his hallucinogenic days are long behind him.

''I know LSD; I don't need to take it anymore,'' Mr. Hofmann said. ''Maybe when I die, like Aldous Huxley,'' who asked his wife for an injection of LSD to help him through the final painful throes of his fatal throat cancer.

But Mr. Hofmann calls LSD ''medicine for the soul'' and is frustrated by the worldwide prohibition that has pushed it underground. ''It was used very successfully for 10 years in psychoanalysis,'' he said, adding that the drug was hijacked by the youth movement of the 1960's and then demonized by the establishment that the movement opposed.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...52C0A9609C8B63
    Last edited by 4matic; 10-09-2006 at 09:12 PM.

What brain damage did you get from mdma?
    all of it

ive done shrooms, but thats it besides ganja. But, i have started to find that certain hybrid strains of ganji have progressed to give such a strong effect that in my opinion they relate more towards a low level trip then to being high. I have gone through some pretty intense self-examinations while ripped, and sometimes i will go completly inside my own body or another object(like a TV) and completly lose contact with my physical body. Its a very cool experience.

And, i am 100% positive that the weed wasnt laced with anything, its just a hybrid organic strain.
    Last edited by mc_roon; 10-10-2006 at 01:56 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    all of it
    Scare tactics and coercion by the government:

"Scientists at Johns Hopkins University who last year published a frightening and controversial report suggesting that a single evening's use of the illicit drug ecstasy could cause permanent brain damage and Parkinson's disease are retracting their research in its entirety, saying the drug they used in their experiments was not ecstasy after all.

The largest and best-controlled study of the effect of MDMA on serotonin showed no long-term effects in former users and minimal to no effects in current users," he said."

http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/dll/...te_recant.html

as an fyi to any and all idiots....THIS:

is not one of the mushrooms you should eat for its hallucinogenic (sp?) properties.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn