Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New Haven Line heading north
    Posts
    2,702

    Lost (Season III)

    Well looks like its another season for the Losties.

    As much as I don't want to watch the show, seems like I'll be sitting down at 9:00 p.m. with my pint of Chubby Hubby and a few pixie sticks in hopes of some quality storytelling. I hope for the best, but am expecting the worst.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14911832/
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Joe's Garage
    Posts
    5,870
    Is it going to be a recap or whut?
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Between 2 big puddles
    Posts
    1,389
    I thought overall that the episode was pretty damn good. I liked how it shaping up to be a little more exciting then the second season. It answered a few questions such as

    How the fuck did the Dharma sigh get on the shark?
    Same thing with the motherfuckin polar bears.

    But in Lost fashion now we are left with "Jesus H Christ on a carousel with a bucket of sauerkraut on his head why is there a fucking town on the island?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,056
    I think we can assume now that the "others" are in touch with the outside world. They have modern amenities and they know everything about their captives (Jack anyway, so presumably the others, too).

    Something I've been thinking about after tonight's episode. Other than no one ever coming to search for the plane crash (maybe it was really off course), was there anything to suggest the island isn't just your everyday island in the Pacific? Really, why shouldn't there be a village on it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Really, why shouldn't there be a village on it?
    Maybe the fact the Rousseau has lived on the Island for 16 years and never found out the others were living at the Four Seasons. I like watching the show, but to say that the writers depend on Deus Ex Machina to fill in the holes would be an understatement.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,302
    Pretty good episode. The village the others live in looks like a commune or a base. Still lots of funny stuff going on. An island with a huge magnet and a four-toed statue is still a little on the strange side.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,056
    Yeah, but Rousseau was (is?) a wack job!

    The village was strange. Like the pine tree growing there, for example, which was very tall and didn't fit in with the other vegetation. Presumably it was planted by the Dharma Initiative or the others. Maybe we're supposed to think it's a Norfolk Island pine?

  8. #8
    BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    They could have dragged out the Kate-in-the-shower scene a little longer, IMO.

  9. #9
    BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Maybe we're supposed to think it's a Norfolk Island pine?
    I believe it's actually pronounced "Noff-ick."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    6,505
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    They could have dragged out the Kate-in-the-shower scene a little longer, IMO.
    I can see it now,

    "Buy the season three of "Lost" on DVD- now with extended Kate-in-the-shower scenes, never seen before."

    Sign me up.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Between 2 big puddles
    Posts
    1,389
    I was wondering that too it seems like the island is huge and at times it seems rather small. They have walked days at times and have never found any major sign of the others. Somehow I don't think the "Others" line up. When Mr. Eko and Jin? went into the jungle to search for Michael after the raft crashed. When Eko hears the Others and they hide under the brush and you see them walk by it is very stealthy sneaky. But the people that were displayed didn't match up to that in my mind. Almost like there is two groups of Others.

    Also one other odd thing that I noticed was during season 2 when they got surrounded and had to surrender there guns for Kate. Sawyer distinctly said "Were not finished with this yet Zeke." I got curious one mainly because how did Sawyer know his name ? You can tell by his reaction he was caught off guard too. If you look up Zeke's name it means "God Strengthens." Just food for thought.

    Since the Others have communication with the outside world why wouldn't they send for help? It's clear that something is going on the island that they can't risk the world finding out. Anyone ever get an official count on the Others?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,056
    When the plane crashed in last night's episodes the Others didn't seem all that shocked, did they? As soon as it went down Henry/Ben was dispatched people to look for any survivors, but you got the feeling it wasn't really so they could help them. More so they could infiltrate them.

    I think the way the Others looked last night compared to every previous time we've seen them was well orcehstrated. For some reason they want the crash survivors to view them much differently than they actually are.

    The Others having some kind of utopian society that outside intruders could possibly upset seems plausible.

  13. #13
    BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Sawyer distinctly said "Were not finished with this yet Zeke." I got curious one mainly because how did Sawyer know his name ? You can tell by his reaction he was caught off guard too.
    I've been wondering that too.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,302
    I thought "Zeke" was just a nickname he gave him, kind of like "Chachi" for the guy last night.

    And how about the altitude of the plane when it came apart in last night's season premiere? It looked like it was only a couple of thousand feet in the air. There was no previous indication from flashbacks that it wasn't flying at cruising altitude.

    This is a good Lost forum, BTW: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think we can assume now that the "others" are in touch with the outside world. They have modern amenities and they know everything about their captives (Jack anyway, so presumably the others, too).

    Something I've been thinking about after tonight's episode. Other than no one ever coming to search for the plane crash (maybe it was really off course), was there anything to suggest the island isn't just your everyday island in the Pacific? Really, why shouldn't there be a village on it?
    I don't think they have to be in touch with the outside world to get the information they did. It could have been pieced together by people inside the survivor’s camp. We also don't know how much time passed since they were taken captive, it is possible he was doped up and told them everything himself.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    I don't think they have to be in touch with the outside world to get the information they did. It could have been pieced together by people inside the survivorís camp. We also don't know how much time passed since they were taken captive, it is possible he was doped up and told them everything himself.
    That's true, but the whole look of their camp suggested they were in touch with the outside. They were wearing modern clothes, for example.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    31
    Here's what bothers me a bit about Lost (and correct me if I am wrong here).

    The big reveal at the close of Season 2 was that inputting the numbers into the system was important and that Locke's loss of faith screwed things up. We also learned that Desmond didn't push the button as he was looking to whup a little Kelvin ass, and the result was the "magnet" crashing the plane. Now the problem I have with that scenario is that for the first two seasons, the show has revolved around the scenario (with the help of the flashbacks) that the Losties are on the Island not by happenstance, but by some other force. But the non-buzzing pushing moves by Desmond make it apparent that the Losties are on the Island by bad luck. Because if Kelvin hadn't left, and Desmond hadn't chased, then the magnet wouldn't have acted up at the moment that flight 815 was over the island, and the plane would not have crashed. What's up with that?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Jack Tone Road
    Posts
    12,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmear View Post
    I thought "Zeke" was just a nickname he gave him, kind of like "Chachi" for the guy last night.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. It looked to me like he was taken aback at Sawyer's impudence, not because Sawyer knew his name.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Dips View Post
    Here's what bothers me a bit about Lost (and correct me if I am wrong here).

    The big reveal at the close of Season 2 was that inputting the numbers into the system was important and that Locke's loss of faith screwed things up. We also learned that Desmond didn't push the button as he was looking to whup a little Kelvin ass, and the result was the "magnet" crashing the plane. Now the problem I have with that scenario is that for the first two seasons, the show has revolved around the scenario (with the help of the flashbacks) that the Losties are on the Island not by happenstance, but by some other force. But the non-buzzing pushing moves by Desmond make it apparent that the Losties are on the Island by bad luck. Because if Kelvin hadn't left, and Desmond hadn't chased, then the magnet wouldn't have acted up at the moment that flight 815 was over the island, and the plane would not have crashed. What's up with that?
    Who's to say Desmond not pushing the button wasn't part of the whole Rube Goldberg machine of fate?

    I do agree though that since the last few episodes of last season the show's writing seems to be getting farther away from the paranormal.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,302
    I think they're still in the make things confusing stage so that they can make the series last 4 or 5 years. The answers will start to come later this season. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    4,344
    So... what happened the last 2 seasons?
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    188
    We have to wait that long before the next episode of Lost. Are they fucking crazy? If I wasn't addicted to that show I'd freakin kick them to the curb.
    Arghhhh!!!!!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    7,789
    The only way to watch lost is to rent an entire seasons worth of dvds and watch them back to back, cus when one episode ends, well you just HAVE to watch the next.

    But, since the 3rd season won't be out for a while yet, looks like I'm screwed.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Similar Threads

  1. second half of season 04-05 (pics)
    By Ville in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 09:22 PM
  2. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 11:21 PM
  3. TR: Boomerang Couloir, Indian Peaks 6.6.05
    By iskibc in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 08:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •