Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jury Duty

Just say"I believe they are guilty until proven innocent"

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

just got a summons to serve yesterday, my fourth since moving here over 15yrs ago
    mrs acinpdx has never once gotten summoned
    i kinda enjoy doing it, but it's still a pain to do at the expense of being billable
    at least they give me $10/day as payment for my time

My work pays us for jury duty. Maybe join a union.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    My work pays us for jury duty. Maybe join a union.
    US Govt sued the AIA under Sherman anti-trust act a while back...I don’t think architects are unionizing anytime soon

Jury Duty

Checking in, required to arrive at 8am. Listening to a bunch of idiots talking about all the reasons THEY shouldn’t have to be here. Shut up bitch none of us want to be here, your undiagnosed“mild anxiety” is no excuse.

2 hours later, still no word on selection.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just wear a Black Lives Matter shirt and you'll be out of there challenged for cause pretty quickly.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Fuck, I think my pass expires soon from last time I served

Terrible experience. Surrounded by people too dumb to follow along with DA talks, constantly confused about everything.

Good news it was grand jury so it went on all summer
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Just wear a Black Lives Matter shirt and you'll be out of there challenged for cause pretty quickly.
    Hugh Conway still Matters

I got the call but I got out of jury duty becuz I had booked a hut trip
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I got selected. More interesting than I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Have fun. Report back.

Had a friend get seated on a murder trial. Guy killed one of his homeless buddies, then cut out his tongue so he couldn't talk. Defense was he was not mentally competent to understand his actions. Friend on the jury said they decided he was mentally incompetent, but decided to convict him so he would go to prison and get help. They didn't understand that had they followed the law, he would have been sent to a mental facility to get help rather than into the general population of a prison.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Have fun. Report back.

Had a friend get seated on a murder trial. Guy killed one of his homeless buddies, then cut out his tongue so he couldn't talk. Defense was he was not mentally competent to understand his actions. Friend on the jury said they decided he was mentally incompetent, but decided to convict him so he would go to prison and get help. They didn't understand that had they followed the law, he would have been sent to a mental facility to get help rather than into the general population of a prison.
    How did they not understand that? That’s some pretty basic and easy to comprehend shit that almost anyone that has watched a few law and order episodes or read some John Grisham novels should know, never mind instructed as a jury.

It's Tennessee bro. That's how.

I just got a notice last week that I need to show up January 24th for Jury duty. I’ve been called a lot over the years. Most cases are dismissed. I’ve appeared at the court house three times, and I was called up once. I mentioned that one of the defenses’ witnesses had been my tenant and I didn’t think I could believe his testimony, and I was dismissed. The guy and his buddies absolutely trashed my rental house. No point to be made here other that I have jury duty soon

I woulda kept my mouth shut and tried to fuck the guy but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I just got a notice last week that I need to show up January 24th for Jury duty. I’ve been called a lot over the years. Most cases are dismissed. I’ve appeared at the court house three times, and I was called up once. I mentioned that one of the defenses’ witnesses had been my tenant and I didn’t think I could believe his testimony, and I was dismissed. The guy and his buddies absolutely trashed my rental house. No point to be made here other that I have jury duty soon
    My wife is in the same pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    My wife is in the same pool.
    Any ideas about cases coming up for trial? The last one I was dismissed from was the Peter Nardi case. I read everything I could about it before the Judge could order us to avoid media reporting on the case.

I was just released from jury duty. I was not selected and didn’t get many facts during the selection process. It turns out the case is about a well known local hoodlum who got a dui and resisted arrest. He’s trying to use some sovereign citizen bs to get out of this. He is representing himself, with some legal counsel. I predict guilty on all charges. Two day trial scheduled

Ahh yes, the Sovereign Citizen bullshit. That’ll be jgb’s approach down the road.

Last year I got a notice to show up at Federal Court in downtown Manhattan but had no good way to get there so I blew it off. Hoping to not get the second notice but I figure it will show up some time soon. I still have no good way to get there so I'm not sure what I'll do. It seems that a person shouldn't have to do a 3 hour each way commute that costs at least $35 to sit in a room and find out if they have to serve...

So it turns out the guy was acquitted! I was wrong. The judge wouldn’t allow a sovereign citizen defense, but his testimony about the officers responses to him when they figured out his identity raised doubt in the jurors minds. He’s had illustriast career as a criminal here for the past two decades

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    So it turns out the guy was acquitted! I was wrong. The judge wouldn’t allow a sovereign citizen defense, but his testimony about the officers responses to him when they figured out his identity raised doubt in the jurors minds. He’s had illustriast career as a provider of controlled substances to the rich and famous for the past two decades.
    FIFY (but left the misspelling).

57 years old and the first time…

I kinda hope I’m picked!
    Last edited by Mod Team; 10-28-2022 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Removed personal info

I was on a jury for 3.5 weeks 25 years ago and I think about that experience often. They must think I satisfied my civic duty because I haven't been summoned since then. It was a civil case between a city and contractor who didn't finish a big municipal job. The contractor nearly hit me in his car while I was bicycling back from lunch break one day. Bastard. It was funny he, the owner of the multi-million contracting business, took the stand in his work boots and flannel shirt like he just came in from a job site. Total d-bag.