Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Terrell Owens attempted Suicide?

Wow.....

DALLAS (AP) - Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened, according to a police report obtained Wednesday.

The report said Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, 'Yes."'
    The Dallas police report said the 32-year-old Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the police report were first reported by WFAA-TV.

Police Lt. Rick Watson said during a brief news conference that he could only confirm that paramedics called police to say they were taking Owens to the hospital. He said no more details would come from the police because no laws were broken.

"This is a high-profile person. We looked into it and we determined it is not a criminal offense," Watson said. "This a medical type of situation that occurred."

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said. The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied.

According to the police report, Dallas Fire and Rescue was called regarding someone "attempting suicide by prescription pain medication." Officers arrived to find Owens being stabilized by ambulance workers, who then took him to Baylor University Medical Center.

Owens was hospitalized late Tuesday because of what his publicist said was an allergic reaction to pain medicine he was taking for a broken hand. Doctors reportedly tried to induce vomiting.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill - who mostly deals with troubled players - said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.

He missed most of training camp, and three of four preseason games, because of a hamstring injury. He was late for work during his recovery and was fined for it, but Owens laughed it off, saying he overslept. He said it had happened before, though not with Dallas, and would probably happen again.

Owens broke the bone leading to his right ring finger during a game a week ago Sunday. The next day, doctors screwed in a plate so the bone could heal without fear of further damage. Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said last week that the pain medicine made Owens ill.

Owens had not practiced since the injury, but because Dallas had a bye this past weekend he did not miss a game. He was expected to practice Wednesday, and Parcells had said there was a chance Owens could play Sunday against Tennessee.

Owens had been especially looking forward to the Cowboys' game after that - Oct. 8, in Philadelphia, against the team that dumped him midway through last season only months after he helped them nearly win the Super Bowl.

Owens was seen laughing and joking on the practice field Tuesday morning. He chatted briefly with reporters in the locker room in the afternoon and seemed fine. A 2-inch scar on the top of his hand was puffy but not wrapped, and he said the swelling was doing down.

While in the locker room, he took a pill from a white paper bag and looked at another medicine bottle that was in the bag. He also called a business partner about a towel-wrap venture they're starting and joked to TV cameras that he wasn't talking until Wednesday and today was only Tuesday.

"My little boy knows better than that," he said, laughing, as he plopped onto a sofa in the middle of the locker room.

Also Tuesday, Owens was involved in launching a national campaign for the National Alliance to End Abuse, an organization aimed at helping at-risk youngsters. He appeared at a high school Tuesday morning and was scheduled to visit others but had to cancel because of changes in the team's practice schedule.

A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released. Owens' publicist and agent, and the Cowboys, did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press. No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.
    Bush got C's.... Obama probably failed lunch

Thats why I put him on my DO NOT DRAFT list for fantasy football
    Points on their own sitting way up high

What a selfish motherfucker... he's got a young son. Fuck TO, again. What a complete loser.

what a fucking pussy. depressed??? ABOUT WHAT MOTHER FUCKER?

booooo hooo...i make millions playing a fucking GAME! ..i
    wrote 2 books and am a star and hero to thousands of kids and adults alike

booo hoooo.....i only own a $15 million house on the
    beach and own an exotic car for each day of the week...booo hoooo...my life
    sucks

go live in a 3rd world country where people fight to stay alive because they have no food or medical care...then talk about depression...fucking prick. i cant stand people like that.

But he injured his hand..............can't you guys have some compassion?

Fuck T.O., i have no sympathy for that media grubbing piece of shit. He brought this all on himself. He needs a reality check.

he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied.
    This is not a suicide attempt. 5 "pills" likely being Percocet or Lortab only has 2.5 Grams of Tylenol (non-toxic) and not enough narcotic to likely be of any harm. Not too mention that narcotic overdoses are the easiest thing to treat in with a simple bit of Narcan as needed.

We see this shit every day in the ER. Atleast 4-5 times/day. They come in as an 'overdose', but never take enough to harm themselves.

The typical demographic profile of this type of patient is a depressed woman/teenager seeking attention from family for their troubles, instead of just seeking help with a phone call, they seek it this way. Most suicidal men actually blow their heads off, and don't mess around with such meager 'attempts'.

Keep in mind he's a attention hore.
    Suck It!

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    This is not a suicide attempt. 5 "pills" likely being Percocet or Lortab only has 2.5 Grams of Tylenol (non-toxic) and not enough narcotic to likely be of any harm. Not too mention that narcotic overdoses are the easiest thing to treat in with a simple bit of Narcan as needed.

We see this shit every day in the ER. Atleast 4-5 times/day. They come in as an 'overdose', but never take enough to harm themselves.

The typical demographic profile of this type of patient is a depressed woman/teenager seeking attention from family for their troubles, instead of just seeking help with a phone call, they seek it this way. Most suicidal men actually blow their heads off, and don't mess around with such meager 'attempts'.

How many does it take?

Seriously if T.O. really wanted to take his life, Shirley he would set a time, have the cameras rolling, and sell tickets.

He is a DIRTBAGPEUSDOGANGSTABITCH!

Another news report is saying that he took 35 pills. Who knows.

And I'm pretty sure that no one has the ability or right to describe what are and what are not legitimate reasons for someone being depressed, which is a mental illness. The guy clearly has shown signs of all kinds of problems over the years, so the fact that he has fancy cars and expensive houses really says nothing about any issues pertaining to depression.

Trackhead, keep in mind the rest of the sentence that you quoted:

then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied.
    To me that indicates prior to this "incident" (suicide attempt) he'd only taken 5 of the pills and then downed the rest. So it seems like he downed nearly the whole bottle.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

They said he had taken only 5 of them up until Tues. He took the rest Tues night.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutStoli View Post
    what a fucking pussy. depressed??? ABOUT WHAT MOTHER FUCKER?

booooo hooo...i make millions playing a fucking GAME! ..i
    wrote 2 books and am a star and hero to thousands of kids and adults alike

booo hoooo.....i only own a $15 million house on the
    beach and own an exotic car for each day of the week...booo hoooo...my life
    sucks

go live in a 3rd world country where people fight to stay alive because they have no food or medical care...then talk about depression...fucking prick. i cant stand people like that.
    I'm guessing you haven't had much experience with mental illness. Just becuase he's a highly paid pro athlete doesn't make him immune to mental illness. A ton of money doesn't necessarily make you happier or able to cope with illness better.

I'm not saying he's a pillar of society...I don't even watch football to know the whole story. I flipped on CNN as I was getting ready for work and couldn't believe this story was breaking news on both of their stations. Is nothing else going on in the world?
    Last edited by LaBelle23; 09-27-2006 at 10:25 AM.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    I'll gladly give him all the "attention" he needs...
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    How many does it take?

Seriously if T.O. really wanted to take his life, Shirley he would set a time, have the cameras rolling, and sell tickets.

There are two factors, Tylenol levels, and narcotic overdose.

The thing with Tylenol levels is this, if they are high, you can give Mucomyst IV or orally to alter the toxic metabolites to a non-harmful metabolite. With the narcotic, the amount would be variable depending on your tolerance. Some people might die if they took 10, some could take many, many more. A heroin junky could tolerate WAY more than the typical individual.

But he injured his hand..............can't you guys have some compassion?
    No shit, cut the guy some slack. I broke my ring finger in 6th grade and it made me want to slit my wrists.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

The story also neglects the fact that Parcells was also there. He was trying to restrain the friend who was trying to help T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyntrayc View Post
    I'll gladly give him all the "attention" he needs...
    he'd find a way to screw that up too.

I get the "dirtbag" and the "gangsta Bitch" but what is the the middle part?

Tylenol toxicity is 150mg/kg.

Owens weighs approx 105 kilos, making his toxic dose=15 grams.

The typical 'pain pill' being percocet or lortab has 500mg of Tylenol per pill. He would have to take 30 pills to be toxic.

So maybe he did take enough to get hepatotoxic (liver toxic). But that said, case series report that fewer than 4% of patients who suffer severe hepatotoxicity develop hepatic failure; fatalities or liver transplantation occurs in less than one half of these patients

Who the hell knows, or cares really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    What a complete loser.
    My thoughts exactly. Fine example of the weaksauce idiot complete package.
    SLOWER TRAFFIC
    KEEP RIGHT
    http://shifter102.blogspot.com/

He would have to take 30 pills to be toxic.

According to the article in this thread, he may have taken 35.

I wonder if he had been drinking at all too. Article doesn't mention either way.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    According to the article in this thread, he may have taken 35.

I wonder if he had been drinking at all too. Article doesn't mention either way.
    So they give him a Mucomyst infusion, and he's good to go. Then clear him medically the next day, and a social worker shows up for chapter 2.

His publicist is saying its an alergic reaction to the pain meds? Okay, maybe. But where are the other 35 pills then?
    Bush got C's.... Obama probably failed lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Stone-Free View Post
    Wow.....

DALLAS (AP) - Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened, according to a police report obtained Wednesday.
    Probably the most shocking part of this whole story is that TO actually has a friend!

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    he'd find a way to screw that up too.
    Bahahaha!