Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: 180 Volkl Explosives (White Wizards)

SOLD

I'm toying with the idea of selling these but for this to work out I need to get pretty close to the price of the skis I will be replacing them with. Unless someone out there has some 185 Volkl Karmas for trade.

I've got about 15 days on them. I bought them from another TGR member (elchupa69 or something similar) and I don't remember exactly what the story is before that. They have Solomon 977 bindings mounted on the center line. There's a little bit of adjustment in these bindings and I currently have them set for a 328 boot and there's room to go bigger and smaller. I think the smallest they will go to is a 319, I'm not sure what they will go up to. They will fit a smaller boot but i'm not exactly sure how much adjustment there is. Bindings seem to be in great shape as far as I can tell.

Skis are in really good shape. Bases are nice. Some very minor p-tex repairs had been done before I got them, really minor. Edges are in great shape. There's a few small knicks on the top sheet around the tip and the tail, I tried to get detailed pics of those areas.

They currently have a thick layer of summer wax on them.

$300 shipped. That's what I paid for them so that's what they will sell for. buyer still covers paypal fees.

I had the binding info reversed as far as how much room for adjustment there is. I updated it.
    Last edited by dfinn; 12-04-2006 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I'm thinking $350 but because I'm extremely broke I need to get as much as possible for them so I'm willing to accept bids going higher up.
    Sweet! I bid $375.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Just to be clear, that price doesn't include shipping.

must it be karmas, how bout some brand new medium freerides, some really good condition climbing skins, and an avy probe
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

I've already got my heart set on naxos. Must be karmas or something really similar, but most likeley karmas are what i'll end up with.

which naxos? I also have a pair of mounted but never used nx01s, sz medium. I also have some nx21s and some dynafit TLT comforts with wide brakes coming, but I don't think I want to sell those.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

nx21s

You fucking piece of shit!!!!

I just bought a pair of last years YESTERDAY because I gave up on you selling these things.

I fucking hate you.

Call me sweetheart. (seriously, I might buy your skis.)
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

PM sent.

'Least I ain't chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    You fucking piece of shit!!!!

I just bought a pair of last years YESTERDAY because I gave up on you selling these things.

I fucking hate you.

Call me sweetheart. (seriously, I might buy your skis.)
    I could deliver them to you in january, sweatheart. Are you willing to enter the bidding war though?

Either way, I expect you to buy me a beer. I'll be there from 1/3 - 1/10.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rad View Post
    PM sent.

still searching for the perfect exploders, huh?
    ya, me too

PM sent. kidwoo did you just buy those red buddha's?

Hmmm, those look familiar!... They have a set of holes for those same exact bindings for a 327mm boot, so you should be able to reuse them if you need to fit a bigger boot in there. There's also a set of holes for p12/p14s for a small bsl, like around 24 or 25 or something.

P.S. This is arbitrage at its finest...
    “Don’t want to sound like a dick or nothing but it says on your chart you’re fucked up. You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded.”

Hmm. Those sticks look familar too. There are indeed two sets of holes (thus the reason they were sold at a price south of the $350 here..). Alas I sold them so they are his to sell (switched boots and didn't think I should redrill them again the way I jack them up). I had a 317 jammed in there, but it won't fit a 313 at the current mount. Be that at is may sell them for what you like (after shipping and all I came out about even after putting 3 days on them in addition to the unknown days they had before which I beleive were quite a few. Still plenty of life in those from the last time I saw them.

Wow. And to think boobookitty sold them for $12 to spread good karma.

In going back and checking what I got them for I came out $50 ahead after shipping and paypal and everything on these skis. Without naked pictures of a sister or mother (Perhaps some exists of my roomies) I have nothing to say but sorry to Mags for unknowingly pulling a Lineskier101. (I do remeber this coming up when I bought these, as it appears that this will be the third case of possible arbitrage involving these skis). Anyways, sorry guys, should have been more carefull when selling these sticks, I was in a crunch for cash just like Dfinn and took the offer not thinking about Maggot etiquete.

Apparently we need some sort of Carfax title search on skis now.

Quote Originally Posted by elchupanebre4 View Post
    In going back and checking what I got them for I came out $50 ahead after shipping and paypal and everything on these skis. Without naked pictures of a sister or mother (Perhaps some exists of my roomies) I have nothing to say but sorry to Mags for unknowingly pulling a Lineskier101. (I do remeber this coming up when I bought these, as it appears that this will be the third case of possible arbitrage involving these skis). Anyways, sorry guys, should have been more carefull when selling these sticks, I was in a crunch for cash just like Dfinn and took the offer not thinking about Maggot etiquete.
    I'd love to be able to hook a fellow mag up, but if I do that then I won't be able to afford to replace them...and if I can't replace them then I need to keep them.

The highest bid so far is $375 but I'm not sure if he was serious or not.

Sweet, sweet setup man. I myself just got some 185 Karmas. Too bad I also have 180 exploders

Sorry we didn't get to ride together this summer. Maybe this weekend?

that could work. i'll be off all next week also. where'd you snag the karmas from?

that could work. i'll be off all next week also. where'd you snag the karmas from?
    Gear Swap. Somebody in Breckenridge, i think. Sorry, I'm not much help. PM me about riding. Jiminy on Sunday might be nice. The trails in Amherst are riding great as well!

Dude, just keep those! That's what I should've done the more and more I think about it.
    “Don’t want to sound like a dick or nothing but it says on your chart you’re fucked up. You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded.”

Quote Originally Posted by Infantile Egomaniac View Post
    Dude, just keep those! That's what I should've done the more and more I think about it.
    He's got a point. I ski my 180 exploders pretty frequently, and yours are much cooler. Just get some narrow, grippy skis for when it's hard and shitty and then you've got a decent little quiver right there.

That would put me at 3 pair of skis. I have a couple of trips west planned but 3 pairs of skis seems like 1 too many.

My other skis are 188 stiff bros. I plan to use those whenever there is snow and on trips out west. I haven't skied them yet so depending on how I like them I might be on them the majority of the time.

That's why I was trying to get something a little narrower.

That would put me at 3 pair of skis. I have a couple of trips west planned but 3 pairs of skis seems like 1 too many.

My other skis are 188 stiff bros. I plan to use those whenever there is snow and on trips out west. I haven't skied them yet so depending on how I like them I might be on them the majority of the time.

That's why I was trying to get something a little narrower.
    Not a bad idea, but realize that the Karmas are barely more than 1cm narrower than the Bros. I have both, but the explosives are mounted with freerides.