Talking "do these gloves have asbestos in them?"

asked a lady of her husband at the table next to us, trying to figure out what keeps her hands warm. she then proceeds to ask everyone she can find where the ski lockers are and then whines at the top of her voice when no one knows. all this at 8:30, drunk/hungover in galena freakin illinois. please do us all a favor and eat the lining of your gloves, just in case it is asbestos.

i had a rather jongish moment myself, while getting on the lift, bent a pole to a solid 90 degrees. was able to bend it back over my leg, completing an uber cheap straight to z bend pole conversion. definately feel like a rockstar now, if only i could do the other one.

highlight of yesterday, besides the liquid lunch, was making contact with a cute uw girl. while waiting around for my second gs run, a teammate asked me when i was going. taking one look at the people lined up in the gate, "not for a while, they're still racing people in g suits." she chuckled, and now i have a new bib over fleece wearing friend.

were you at the uscsa race this weekend? I miss those days skiing at small bumps in the midwest, I was usually waaaaay to hungover to really compete the first day at chestnut. Anyway plenty of memories from my racing days at Purdue.

Originally posted by INDY GS
    were you at the uscsa race this weekend?
    that's the one. i don't think your alma matter has a team any more. too bad, from what i heard they were just like us, a drinking team with a skiing problem...

yeah I'm not so sure they are racing much anymore, I know the year after I fraduated, the team took a detour on the way to Marquette and went to colorado for 4 days instead of racing. The university did find out, so they may have been yanked after that?

Yeah it was a drinking team with a skiing problem, but we were stll pretty good. Ahhhh memories.

What scool do you race for?

northwestern, we're not good so begin pointing and laughing. i just do it to get some turns in while i'm stuck here in the wasteland. last season was my first of dh racing, it's pretty cool, meet some fun people for sure...

Ahhhh....Northwestern! You described how the team was when we raced against them. Have a shot of Goldschlager for me. The Northwestern girls always had a bottle to share with their "Boiler" Buddies.

Are you racing against Clarke College? Do they still have a coach named Andy, and I can't remember their other coaches name, they were always the best team when I was there, andy and I usually met neck and neck when we raced together.

Really that was the only reason I ever went to those races was to get some turns in, and I ended up having tremendous fun racing.

It is one hell of a party! When i raced at Purdue, we had a pretty good mens A team. We also had a boatload of gapers, that were great drinkers, I learned some limits, and how to push them on many weekends throughout those days. Are you from AK? I raced with a guy from Eagle River, and a girl from girdweed. I was always surprised how many people from alaska came to the midwest for school. anyway good luck with the rest of the season. give your liver a break monday through wednesday, and then prepare for another weekend of abuse.