Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Oh noes! Not again!

watch out for snakes

Dave, I didn't know. Glad you're still giv'n er. Love to do some turns with you this season man. As long as you don't drag me down some fall you die shit...
    All the best mtnlion!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    still a bit more sore then I wish I was, but I dont know many guys nearing 50, that ski 50-100days a year, and bike about the same, that have done this for 30 years, that DONT have a sore back. Dumptruck didn't help

thanks guys, been a hard ride sometime, but TGR has helped.
    I’m younger than you and don’t do things nearly close to what you do, but am always sore.
    I think you are doing just fine.
    Keep going strong!

still a bit more sore then I wish I was, but I dont know many guys nearing 50, that ski 50-100days a year, and bike about the same, that have done this for 30 years, that DONT have a sore back. Dumptruck didn't help

yeah. same here but with my knee
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    How are you doing after 11 years?
    He's still posting here, so he's obviously not any smarter.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Happy anniversary TGR

thanks for the moral support

12 years and going strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    He's still posting here, so he's obviously not any smarter.
    Getting not smarter by the year.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You say it like being so active might have had a negative impact on your well being. People sit at a desk their whole life and have way more issues. Do you think at a point it's too much? Maybe it's a rhetorical question, and I'm just trying to rationalize my risky lifestyle.

Good luck and keep going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    You say it like being so active might have had a negative impact on your well being. People sit at a desk their whole life and have way more issues. Do you think at a point it's too much? Maybe it's a rhetorical question, and I'm just trying to rationalize my risky lifestyle.

Good luck and keep going strong.
    Life makes you sore,

being active will have some pluses and minus,
    being "safe" but at a desk has pluses and minus.
    Moderate amount of both will give the most "well being" but that might not be what YOU want

we all die in the end, Do what risk/activity feels right for you, but be aware of the risk/reward and try to stay alive with consequence

As another person in the mid 50s who still enjoys getting out for medium hikes and ski days, it's totally a "use it or lose it" proposition. If you don't exercise at least a couple times a week, every week you're gonna have a bad time skiing or biking for more than an hour or two post age 50. Even if you do exercise EVERY day post age 50 you're going to get hurt easier and take longer to heal than you did at age 30 and not exercising regularly. The muscular and coordination decay is exponential post about age 45. I spend way more time working out now than I did at 30 but I get tired faster and injure a lot easier.. and ya, my back is always sore or easily tweaked. I can even throw it out bending over to put on my boots and be in a lot of pain for a month after that.. And yes, I do stretch regularly too. There's a very good reason your DIN setting goes down a full 1-2 numbers at age 50.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    There's a very good reason your DIN setting goes down a full 1-2 numbers at age 50.
    all good points

but have not though of this yet. maybe see if I start to release when I dont want to, vs back safety

Life makes you sore,

Moderate amount of both will give the most "well being" but that might not be what YOU want

we all die in the end, Do what risk/activity feels right for you, but be aware of the risk/reward and try to stay alive with consequence
    Truth
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Life makes you sore,

deep thoughts, with mntlion

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    As another person in the mid 50s who still enjoys getting out for medium hikes and ski days, it's totally a "use it or lose it" proposition. If you don't exercise at least a couple times a week, every week you're gonna have a bad time skiing or biking for more than an hour or two post age 50. Even if you do exercise EVERY day post age 50 you're going to get hurt easier and take longer to heal than you did at age 30 and not exercising regularly. The muscular and coordination decay is exponential post about age 45. I spend way more time working out now than I did at 30 but I get tired faster and injure a lot easier.. and ya, my back is always sore or easily tweaked. I can even throw it out bending over to put on my boots and be in a lot of pain for a month after that.. And yes, I do stretch regularly too. There's a very good reason your DIN setting goes down a full 1-2 numbers at age 50.
    It's like you were reading my brain thoughts.

My 96 year old father broke his hip this summer. Shit does downhill quickly when you're old and don't move.

Still there's hope. I ski 100 days a year, mountain bike 12 hours a week, climb some, and lift heavy.
    Turned 69, and I'm feeling pretty good.

Btw, i had back issues, but only when is slack off my core workout, which currently is 350 crunches four days a week.

I'm not fast biking or skinning, but I've never been, more of a sprinter. I can go a long time though.

I think one of the biggest issues is loss of muscle mass as you get older.
    So lift heavy and regularly. It will keep your bones as strong as when you were young, so you won't have to reduce your din setting. Which can kill you if you lose a ski in an inconvenient place.

Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app