Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ohh me but on foot.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Bumpskier and I are out. Just too much going on with the baby and puppy this summer.

In. Fat dude, raw Turner w/ orange wagon wheels. Say hello as you pass me. At least the rain this year is holding off until race day

I did not see any wagon wheels, did you see any mud? Haha lots of sad looking bike riders for which I had one question, "whats the farthest you have eve pushed a mountain bike?" Looked to me like the SS bikes had the better weapon, no derailer to get all mudded up and I did not see one withe a broken chain.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    I did not see any wagon wheels, did you see any mud? Haha lots of sad looking bike riders for which I had one question, "whats the farthest you have eve pushed a mountain bike?" Looked to me like the SS bikes had the better weapon, no derailer to get all mudded up and I did not see one withe a broken chain.
    Yeah, that was a mess. By far the worst conditions I've ever ridden in. The singletrack shortly after aid station #9 had really long stretches of unrideable trail (and it was flat!). Also, the last couple of miles on the climb up Ascutney had several unrideable sections. There were many times where I was blazing new trail through the brush alongside the trail as it was easier than slogging through the mud. Even the dirt roads were soft mud.

I heard there were a record number of DNF's this year. I guess we'll see how many once the results are in. Speaking of finishing, I finished two hours and twenty minutes longer than my prior two races (in dry conditions). Eight hours and 45 minutes on/pushing the bike! The computer tells it all - out of 8:45 total time, only 7:35 was picked up by the computer. The difference in that time was made up of the following:

1) Cleaning the mud off my bike.
    2) Cleaning the mud out of my eyes.
    3) Pushing my bike in the mud - moving so slowly the computer registered 0.0 mph
    4) Stretching the cramps at mile 25 - not enough water/heed/endurolytes
    5) Aid station time

The mud accumulation on the bike was so bad, it would prevent my rear tire from spinning.

The sick thing about all of this is, I'm already looking forward to next year - I guess it helps that I'm automatically registered for being a top fundraiser this year
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I was two hours slower as well.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Annual bump. Tuckerman, you in again or is this now too short for you (given you did the 100, right)?

I'll be there... not racing, but supporting a buddy running the ultra. Never been--should be interesting.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

My wife and I rode the 50 yesterday. FANTASTIC WEATHER & course was AWESOME....Today = very sore having done almost no training.....finished in just under 9 hours (an hour faster than we did a couple of years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by stayalert View Post
    My wife and I rode the 50 yesterday. FANTASTIC WEATHER & course was AWESOME....Today = very sore having done almost no training.....finished in just under 9 hours (an hour faster than we did a couple of years ago)
    The weather was fantastic and the course was fast. I knocked 35 minutes off my personal best and was 3 hours faster than last year.

Oh, and good meeting you Saturday evening Natedogg.

bumping this because I'm thinking of doing it this year.

Bad idea to use my 29ish lb pivot mach 5 for 50 miles? Should I start scavenging parts to put together a light hardtail?

Annual one-week-to-go bump.