Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

W/B season pass whos getting one

Just purchased mine

For all students in the Vancouver/Washington area you don't go to your school anymore you purchase it directly online. kind of nice as you dont have to wait inline or purchase a stupid poweraid anymore

www.whistlerblackcomb.com/students

hmmm 399 canadian pass god i love being a student one last time

If I could buy a pass for $400 I would.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

I'm getting it great perk to being a pro-student.
    But I have to make sure to do it before friday, while I'm still a youngin' (bastards cut you off after 25 )

Done

This online system is MUCH better. Last year, my pass wasn't ready till about 3 weeks after opening day. Idiots at the rec center for some reason didn't mail all the forms when they had them ready once the mountain opened. I spent 3 weeks calling both WB and the rec center to figure out what was going on & I had to pay for 3 tickets before I finally got my pass (I was reimbursed, but still, )

Screw you damn students

I figure I am on the break even point with a Edge card and the $89 ski all spring pass. I'd need to ski atleast one more day a week to make it swing in favour of a pass. Atleast that was from the quick math I did one day stuck in traffic. Guess I should figure it out in a hurry before the prices go up.

If i ski the 80 days i did last year it should be worth it

I'll be trying to get a student pass again, but this online system throws a wrench in the works. Previously I was able to get one being a resident of BC and student in Ontario by jumping through a few hoops for the reps, this new system looks much more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau
    If i ski the 80 days i did last year it should be worth it
    I paid about $12 a day to ski last season. Im a big fan of maximizing value
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by shirk
    Screw you damn students
    So, what you're saying is that you want me to screw myself?
    I'm kinda confused now, I though you wanted to be involved in that

I should get mine soon, and hopefully it will pay for the 1.5 season passes I spent on lift tickets last season.

While I'm at it any UBC-goers?

yeap getting the student discount one too...just waiting for my paycheck, hope there wont be any problems with not being Canadian citizen though

Quote Originally Posted by 2-czech
    hope there wont be any problems with not being Canadian citizen though
    There shouldn't be a problem since there's nothing in the rules & restrictions that says you have to be a Canadian citizen. It might not even come up, they'll ask for a govt issued ID though (driver's license or passport) so if you got a BC license they won't even know you're not a citizen...

me = edge carding it again this year with a couple of three day top ups hopefully, jonesing something bad after seeing the timberline powder festival last weekend.
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Done and done. UBC is so sweet.

Since this is a bunch of canadian locals...anyone interested in a canuckistan AT binding group buy?
    I've got 3 right now.

I hate you students...I remember the good old times....

I'm off to go buy the student pass.. did I hear $399? They upped the price! BASTARDS!
    "Who's the chump doing 140kph in the fast lane!!?" - German autobahns kick ass!

ahhh, scratch that... that's the after-tax price. Same ole' $369

And last year for me too. Then it's getting expensive.
    "Who's the chump doing 140kph in the fast lane!!?" - German autobahns kick ass!

I may be old but not old enough to get a senior discount. Renewed my Edge card last May. Darn that Canadian dollar for going up and up, I liked it better when it was at .62.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

its the last year for me. damn.

I hate RCR... It's like 700 for a student pass at Lake Louise and it's half the size

UBC frosh/ whistler virgin here. I'd love to do some turns with you guys who know the mountain and her many sweet spots. Getting the pass for sure. Anyone know the perks that come with the pass ie. discount at other intrawest resorts?
    Last edited by taynton; 09-20-2006 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taynton
    UBC frosh/ whistler virgin here. I'd love to do some turns with you guys who know the mountain and her many sweet spots. Getting the pass for sure. Anyone know the perks that come with the pass ie. discount at other intrawest resorts?
    haha yea right

the best discount is at the beginning of the year when you get 50% off food up on the mountain. after that good luck gettin anything

send atrain or me a pm when the season starts but be warned if its a pow day and you cant keep up your getting dropped right away

Quote Originally Posted by postman22
    haha yea right

the best discount is at the beginning of the year when you get 50% off food up on the mountain. after that good luck gettin anything

send atrain or me a pm when the season starts but be warned if its a pow day and you cant keep up your getting dropped right away
    Don't forget end of season 50% off food. Such great perks for the price.

I think some people have used the pass and edge cards to get lift ticket deals at Mammoth.

My boss buys us all passes for the winter- I'm stoked!
    Believe.