View Poll Results: IF you are coming, which would you rather happen?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aspen --> Silverton --> SWCO

15 31.91%
  • SWCO --> Silverton --> Aspen

13 27.66%
  • I don't care. Either one works just fine for me.

19 40.43%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

GET YOUR VOTE ON

Original thread

The Summit forum thread didn't get enough love (40 votes by today), so I'm sorry to say I must make good on my threat to post here.

The dates of the summit are final. Saturday March 24 to Monday April 2. The locations are semi-final, entailing some combination of some Aspen days, a Thursday March 29 Silverton day, and some days in SWCO (most likely Telluride, but some have expressed some desire for inclusion of Crested Butte--this is the portion that is not final).

The decision that needs to be made is whether to hold the Summit at Aspen before the Thursday Silverton day and the SWCO portion after Silverton, or vice versa.

See the original thread for details.

I'd like to see at least 60 votes before we reach a conclusion. So... please vote.

My preference isn't really strong one way or the other, as I could do either, but I would prefer to ski Aspen first and then SWCO later, as I'd much rather ski all 4 days at Aspen with maggots, and I don't have any super strong druthers towards Telluride.

I will be attending the Silverton day.

Thanks for playing.
    Days on snow 06-07: 3
    Days behind a boat summer 2006: 24

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

You're organising this thing, Max? Heh. Didn't you already post this poll on this forum yesterday? And last question - why isn't 40 votes/people enough for you to make decisions? Surely that makes for a pretty decent summit ...

It wasn't 40. I had said that if we didn't have 40, I would post it here. We didn't have 40. We had 21. It was 11 to 10. Not very decisive OR representitive of the masses.

I posted it yesterday and then realized it wasn't Monday, so I deleted it to avoid ostracism.

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

anything is fine with me......all that really matters is that the masses stay together so we can take over the bars as a roving crazy maggot force.....max, can you grow a beard? if so start growing one now and we need to find you a fake ID.

How about whose ever in charge of this thing make the call? Do it. Do it!

OK, I voted to appease Max' necessity for sufficient vote aggregate. However, in doing so I risk ostracization by going against the masses. I just wanted to even things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    How about whose ever in charge of this thing make the call? Do it. Do it!
    Yeah, but I think from the looks of it Max is in charge so that's not gunna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd
    anything is fine with me......all that really matters is that the masses stay together so we can take over the bars as a roving crazy maggot force.....max, can you grow a beard? if so start growing one now and we need to find you a fake ID.
    I volunteer to be DD mos of the time. Facial hair = not.

Just because I like to vote in polls.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Wicky wicky, bump bump.

Wait, I dont get it... Where is the option for Utah. I hear CO is flat and gets no snow... Just saying

I'm not coming because Blurred didn't come to the PNW summit. It's only fair.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    I'm not coming because Blurred didn't come to the PNW summit. It's only fair.
    To be fair, you didnt really go to the PNW summit either. So i guess you have to come... to be fair and all

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy
    To be fair, you didnt really go to the PNW summit either. So i guess you have to come... to be fair and all
    That's not true! I have photographic evidence! I showed Arty and skier666 and Jumper around!
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

I've made it a goal to never go to one of these, so I'm not coming.

Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn'd
    I've made it a goal to never go to one of these, so I'm not coming.

I suggest we have a new summit at Crash's house.

Bump, son.

To the top to settle the tie.

Vote and vote some more, friends!

I'd say we put the lid on this thing on Loveland's opening day or October 15, whichever is sooner.

I don't know if I'm in the position to make an executive decision about this thing, so if a venerable soul like Yoss or Cletus or one of the high-ups on the summit organizing scrotem pole would like to step in and make a decree, I would say go ahead and do it.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

With reidhresko making a bold move on accomodations and planning, I want to change my vote. Since he's already made tentative booking plans, I think that the SWCO late-week option looks like it's coming together, and nicely at that. In fact, seems the SWCO part is starting to look like more fun than the Asspen part.

Squatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    With reidhresko making a bold move on accomodations and planning, I want to change my vote. Since he's already made tentative booking plans, I think that the SWCO late-week option looks like it's coming together, and nicely at that. In fact, seems the SWCO part is starting to look like more fun than the Asspen part.
    tri-u has brought up an important point: we could debate the dates endlessly. the only way this thing will go well is if someone steps up and starts locking shit down.

reidhresko definitely bringing the noise with the t-ride lodging

True, but if I were to call around looking for lodgings with a quantified number of people who were fairly committed to coming, I would think I would be more likely to get some kind of group rate. This was my plan anyway...
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    tri-u has brought up an important point: we could debate the dates endlessly. the only way this thing will go well is if someone steps up and starts locking shit down.
    Max likes debate. I would've thought that was obvious by now.

Alright asshole. I spent the last three hours trying to fit into my old vote from junior high. Well, I'm in it...and probably fucking sterile now. What do I do now?!?!

Squatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post
    Alright asshole. I spent the last three hours trying to fit into my old vote from junior high. Well, I'm in it...and probably fucking sterile now. What do I do now?!?!
    have sex with random women without worrying about pregnancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    have sex with random women without worrying about pregnancy?
    By sterile I meant my vote was stored in rubbing alcohol and now I'm cleaner than I'd like. My sperm are lethal, nothing can stop them. As a kid I blew out on the carpet and it came to life. And I'm totally pro-carpet, but that fucker is just so pessimistic.