Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Okay, I'm out. Just realized that's the same week as the Kirkwood comp, and I have to be there.

That's a bummer 100th post for this thread, YC!
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Bump for the slice of heaven:
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Also, cheap lodging, $15-$25/night single, less sharing a room:

http://www.hb-247.com/aff/hostelz/usa/silverton/16114/
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Just bumping this because I realized I need to make room reservations for Thursday night(I will probably ski at least part of Friday at T-Ride before I have to head back to Aspen) and was wondering if people are staying in Silverton that night or had suggestions? I don't mind getting a bigger room in town and squeezing people in or whatever. Have people already made plans? are people driving on to Telluride Thursday night or staying in Silverton etc?....
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Joey: I'd be interested in sharing a room for Thursday, depending on the drive time to Aspen from Silverton (2 hours or less is probably my cut off). If I don't stay in Silverton for cheeeeeap I'll be heading to aspen Thursday night to sleep in the lesbomobile (aka outback). Shit, gotta find someplace to put the massive strap on so I have room in the back to sleep!

Edit: FKNA! Found a place to shower. Many thanks, Buster.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

A decent crew of us are planning on cruising up to T-ride after Silverton on Thurs. Not speaking for everyone, but the 'crew' I mention includes me, Marsha, Z, Hresko, & coldsmoke w/ other Steamboat crew...probably a total of 8 - 10. I booked a room in T-ride on Thurs and again on Sat and I believe the 'boat crew did as well, but not 100&#37; sure.

Bottom line Joey Joe, if you don't come across others to split something with ya, you are welcome to throw a bit of cash my way and snag some floor space in our room.
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

I'm in for lodging Thurs. night too if someone has space. Anyone need a ride? As of right now I'm rollin' solo.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Thanks for the offer Vicious. I was kinda thinking of heading on to T-Ride that night. I got a room there and if anyone wants to split/crash there just let me know. And if anyone wants a ride from Aspen to Silverton/T-Ride I will be driving, but I will be heading back to Aspen on Friday around 1ish since I have places to be the rest of that weekend, so it would kinda be a one way ride. And Gosey, I think the drive back to Aspen is probably around 3-4 hours from Silverton, but I could be way off

JoeyJJJS - I'll split a room with you in T-ride. If we can't get a place, Vicious - I also might be looking for some floorspace and would be happy to contribute. If the place is completely full, I could always sleep in the back of my truck, but would be much obliged for use of the shower. powstash might be driving down with me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    JoeyJJJS - I'll split a room with you in T-ride. If we can't get a place, Vicious - I also might be looking for some floorspace and would be happy to contribute. If the place is completely full, I could always sleep in the back of my truck, but would be much obliged for use of the shower. powstash might be driving down with me as well.
    Cool.

I suppose you and JJ can see what your options are and if not, shoot me a PM or we can just talk logistics that Thurs down in Silverton.

Like I said before, not sure if the 'boat crew got their own room(s), but I believe so.

Bottom line, if 1 or 2 peeps end up with no place to crash, we can most likely provide.

I got a room so if tri-u, pow4brains or whoever else need a place to crash they are welcome. Now all we need is a week long storm and we should be set.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Now all we need is a week long storm and we should be set.
    [/fingersandtoescrossed]

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    Sorry for not chiming in on this earlier. As of right now, Vicious has a one bedroom condo and coldsmoke and the crew from the boat have a studio. The plan was to split the group evenly between the two rooms so that no one gets stuck paying a ton and neither place ends up super crowded. Both are in Cimarron at the base of lift 7, in town. It sounds as if TRiU has a third room, hopefully in town, which means that there is more than enough space for everyone. If it turns out that this is not the case, no one will be sleeping in a truck - I can easily find a place for you to crash. If someone is worried about it, shoot me a pm and let me know.

in agreement that now it just needs to snow, PLEASE!!!!

otherwise, it might be a good call to bring some bikes down and roll out to moab, which is about 2.15 from tride.

hopefully, now that bourgie-ass Vicious is headed to Cabo for some large living and massages, it should DUMP!

I got a room so if tri-u, pow4brains or whoever else need a place to crash they are welcome. Now all we need is a week long storm and we should be set.
    Right on! I'll send you a PM with digits.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

The place I got is also next to lift 7 so if we want to split people up evenly between the three rooms or whatever thats fine with me. I'm sure we can find everyone beds or floorspace so nobody is sleeping in their car.

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    The place I got is also next to lift 7 so if we want to split people up evenly thats fine with me
    fucking perfect! strong work

*anti-jinx* Thanks and Praises to ULLR.....
    "Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

Quote Originally Posted by reidhresko View Post
    otherwise, it might be a good call to bring some bikes down and roll out to moab, which is about 2.15 from tride.
    Fruita is even closer.

Thanks for the footwork, JJJJS.

Quote Originally Posted by reidhresko View Post
    hopefully, now that bourgie-ass Vicious is headed to Cabo for some large living and massages, it should DUMP!
    Praise be to Ullr.

And just for Hresko, here are a few pics I took last year in Cabo (same place I'll be tomorrow am).

Add me into the lodging clusterfuck for Thursday nite and Friday at T-Ride. Joey - you got space for another?

I'm bringing the bump/park skis for this one I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

"I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Tic, toc, tic, toc...

Fresh today... fresh scheduled for next week...

WOOOOOOOOOOO FKNA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'll be shralpin' Silverton tomorrow, if we get any decent shots I'll post here when I get back. 120" base is damn impressive.

It should be money this weekend, it was dumping when we left on Saturday.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=81033