Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Oh what a difference almost 7 years can make.
    Yeah. On the bright side, I ski more as a lawyer than I did as a law student...

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    But it only snows like 300" a year in Colorado. And it's entirely populated by Coloradans. So two strikes against it right there.
    No offense to SWSkier he's a cool Coloradan.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

There are a lot of reasons. Not trying to make lots of money and the debt really isn't much of an issue (thanks gi bill). Looking to work initially in a capacity for social justice, then be a small town lawyer in Cordova, Seward or somewhere like that.
    This response shows you've already put more thought into it than 80% of the people who will be in your class. You'll do just fine as long as we don't have a rough snow year.

I always tell new law students that the first semester is the most important of all. If you do well, you'll be able to get a job for the first summer who will hopefully want to hire you for your second summer which will set up your first real job.

I work at a semi national law firm now (in 9 states) they have offices in WA and I have pretty much been told already that I would have a job after my first year and a part time during school if I want it. I'm a 90% backcountry skier and i ice/alpine climb so crappy snow year still leaves me with options. My wife is a shoe in for the phd program of her dreams at UW.

I obsess. Lots. Back to studying...

I work at a semi national law firm now (in 9 states) they have offices in WA and I have pretty much been told already that I would have a job after my first year and a part time during school if I want it. I'm a 90% backcountry skier and i ice/alpine climb so crappy snow year still leaves me with options. My wife is a shoe in for the phd program of her dreams at UW.

I obsess. Lots. Back to studying...
    Stoel Rives?

Sounds like you're set with everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Not that one. Lets leave it at the firm I work at is exactly the opposite of the legal field I want to go into.

Danno and I and Stupendous Man didn't ski a lick in school. Yeah right.

We set the bar for pegleg.

Broken legs, shattered ankle, what ever. We got 'er done, and then some.

Old boys club. Yes, we had an old boys/girls club. And if my memory serves, Dboy was on law review, I was starting another new journal that I edited, and SM was running the enviro journal.

I worked my ass off climbing, at the firm, and putting 40k on my moto while not climbing, skiing, or drinking.

Correct me boys if my memory is fading. You fuckers all grew up and shit, and probably never saw a day in court. I have to monkey suit up all the time. But all's good. See you at Indy.

So there.

[QUOTE=Chugachjed;now WA. I'm a 90% backcountry skier and i ice/alpine climb so crappy snow year still leaves me with options.

I obsess. Lots. ..[/QUOTE]

i can help fix this with a few more training days at alpental.
    look forward to skiing with you again jed.
    b