Overcoming fears of a blown out knee...

Yes, that is what i did today. Not that anyone cares, but to me this is a huge day for me. I finally nailed that straightline in Bad News this morning, all alone. amazing.

Then i headed over to the bat cave with some of da crew and got the other bat cave straightline. Nailed it once, ate it on the second try, but felt so good about it. Charged hard all morning.

I've had so many reservations about my skiing...being safe and careful is important 8 months out of surgery, but i found something inside of me today that i haven't felt since before the knee injury. I wish dantheman could have been there.

I love skiing. I love it so much. I have the best life. Go out and git some!
    you sketchy character, you

That’s awesome! Congrats!

I wish dantheman could have been here too.

Thumbs up

Good to hear chica!

AC - so hot right now

Angry

Originally posted by Dantheman
    AC - so hot right now
    Do you two need your own forum?

Owens!

way ta be AC!!

Skiing is soooo on right now that its not even funny.

One chargin' week/weekend coming down the tube also - between MD and DTM and all the mini goers returning to the Comp to the great conditions we got right now to people steppin' it up all over the Canyon - sum mo will be had this cumin' week/weekend!!

Can't wait to see what goes down.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Wink

Originally posted by truth
    I wish dantheman could have been here too.
    Yeah, Dan loves Chicago.

Originally posted by phUnk
    Yeah, Dan loves Chicago.
    Who doesn't?

Re: Overcoming fears of a blown out knee...

Originally posted by altachic

I love skiing. I love it so much. I have the best life. Go out and git some!
    yeah! Thats like reach-out-and-grab-it-with-your-teeth-tangible stoke right there! congrats girl!

Originally posted by Xover
    One chargin' week/weekend coming down the tube also - between MD and DTM and all the mini goers returning to the Comp to the great conditions we got right now to people steppin' it up all over the Canyon - sum mo will be had this cumin' week/weekend!!

Can't wait to see what goes down.
    Um, yeah. That was last week. Where have you been? phUnk, powho, and I have been killing it all week.

AC - nice work today. We do care - I'm glad you felt that boost of confidence that we all get when we're skiing well. It's a great feeling to overcome your fears or conquer some new terrain.
    Avoiding the real world since 1979

Congrats AC, that is probably the hardest part of rehab, finally trusting your knee to do what it supposed to do after it got fixed. Well done.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

oh yeah, I only have a couple things to say. First of all AC rules. I have had the good fortune of making some turns with her this year and am amazed by her ability and the vibe she has around her. I caught up to her in Germ soon after her trip over to bad news and it was so cool to see the intense energy she had pouring through her veins. You could tell she just did something special and was very stoked. Bum Z is my new hero. You looked so good in the air. Incredible sitting at the bottom of Bad news yesterday and watching what I would consider some of the cream of the crop at Alta. Bum Z,powderwhore and phunk are amazing and hopefully I will have an oppurtunity to ski with them soon. And of course you cant write anything about Alta rock stars without mentioning Xover. What a stud!
    This year has been so cool to be able to make some turns with the magotts and hopefully there will be many more days in the coming months and years. that is all

Originally posted by altachic
    I've had so many reservations about my skiing...
    Way to go, AC! ! Great to hear you're feeling so strong and confident!

I'm not too far behind ya.

Originally posted by Endlessseason
    Way to go, AC! ! Great to hear you're feeling so strong and confident!

I'm not too far behind ya.
    ... so, does that mean Endless will be straightlining Punani's this coming weekend?? Afterall, that is what "not too far behind you" means isn't?? Can I be the one to push you in??

Originally posted by skibe
    Bum Z,powderwhore and phunk are amazing
    .. dem boys is gaoooooooooooood!!

SkiB, been wondering where you were - good to see ya back 'round.

bump just because AC is kickin ass and we all could use a dose of her stoke on a Monday morning.

So good to hear! I'm sure that getting over that hump has got to feel goooooooooooooooooood. Sounds like you earned it, for sure!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Cross,

Put me in, Coach!! As you know, I haven't exactly been the best judge of when I've been ready to reach certain levels, so I'll rely on you guys. My surgery was just a couple months after AC's so hopefully I'll be strong enough to straight Punani's before Alta closes the month after next (of course I may be healing a little slower than you, AC).
    My personal goal is to be able to straightline LC bowl with enough speed to make it over to the Reg side again without poling, like I did a couple years back when all of us got together. Anybody remember that day? That was the day phUnk hit the lower wave roller blind, launched into the air and somehow recovered enough to land it going mach looney. It woulda made a cool vid.
    Now that I've got the radar gun, it'll be fun to see how fast all of us really go on that mother.

Last edited by Endlessseason; 02-02-2004 at 10:40 PM.

just got back from watching some absolutely ripping dudes compete in the snowbird comp, didn't see MD9 though. I got to watch some of the women, and i'm a bit disappointed i didn't enter, i could have held my own. Met raddam and Jane, she rips.
    Bump this for some maggot stoke!
    you sketchy character, you

nice!! it sounds like just about everyone is on top of their game!
    i can not wait to get out there and ski with everyone!!
    2 days-im fired up.