Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kitesurfing

Windsurfed for 30 years and checked out kiteboarding but gave it a pass after a friend got dumped on rocks, broke his leg which got infected and then lost the leg. Too risky for me. Foil windsurfing looks safer and uses some existing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    A vegan, a crossfitter, and a kitesurfer walk into a bar.....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You gotta fuck one, marry one, kill one
    GO !!!!

!
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Windsurfed for 30 years and checked out kiteboarding but gave it a pass after a friend got dumped on rocks, broke his leg which got infected and then lost the leg. Too risky for me. Foil windsurfing looks safer and uses some existing skills.
    that's crazy. was he in a 3rd world country ?
    I've heard many KITEMARE stories, pretty brutal. I have some scars.
    Kiting is a blast but thrashes you hard if you're jumping a lot and you're over 50 and not built like Laird Hamilton.
    Foiling is so much easier on the knees, the back, etc. Way more zen, too. Kiting is pretty aggro, all powered up.

My daughter and I kited yesterday for the first time in 9 months. We were both nervous but we both got right back to where we were before, skills-wise (which isn't saying much). San Francisco bay is muddy and cold. My wife and our other daughter are holding out for a Maui trip.

My whole body is sore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    My daughter and I kited yesterday for the first time in 9 months. We were both nervous but we both got right back to where we were before, skills-wise (which isn't saying much). San Francisco bay is muddy and cold. My wife and our other daughter are holding out for a Maui trip.

My whole body is sore.
    was that Crissy or over by san mateo bridge ? 3rd ave ?

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    was that Crissy or over by san mateo bridge ? 3rd ave ?
    3rd ave. I would die at Crissy Field. Still a kook.

Talking Brazil

Brasil as for me amazing country for this kind of sport!

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    that's crazy. was he in a 3rd world country ?
    I've heard many KITEMARE stories, pretty brutal. I have some scars.
    Kiting is a blast but thrashes you hard if you're jumping a lot and you're over 50 and not built like Laird Hamilton.
    Foiling is so much easier on the knees, the back, etc. Way more zen, too. Kiting is pretty aggro, all powered up.
    Love kiting, it's my new passion. Was out at the OBX in February and March. Speaking of almost kitemares. Was helping a guy launch his kite. Holding his kite, all lines looked good, he gave me the thumbs up, I released the kite, and he totally lost control and started dragging through the sand towards the power lines. Luckily he was quick to pull his release. First time I'd seen anything like this.

Kiting and wing foiling are the most fun I've had in years. Can't get it out of my brain and plan on moving to the OBX ASAP to fuel the addiction. Still a bit of a kook but I think of where I was a year ago and today and it's amazing how much progress you can make. The hardest thing right now for me is the strapless transitions. Will get that figured out this summer and be ready for the surf.