Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Utard
    Posts
    1,684

    NSR - skinny models rejected? What?

    Obvious anyone?

    http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...1-ArticlePage3

    Ha ha.

    Edit: There's hope for the rest of us average women.
    Last edited by yentna; 09-12-2006 at 03:04 PM.
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,170
    I think that is excellent!
    But my wife is a natural size 3 or 4, so I'm spoiled!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Republik Indonesia
    Posts
    8,352
    nice!
    I've got the same luck as rideit, a natural size 3!

    That pic with the article makes me want to gag!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Stowe
    Posts
    4,451
    Who honestly finds that girl in the link attractive? she bones that all.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,711
    Fine with me, there is nothing hot about this:


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    driving past the Stop and Shop
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman
    Fine with me, there is nothing hot about this:

    Miss Area 51 -- 2001
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    So Sad to Say
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman
    Fine with me, there is nothing hot about this:


    She needs to loose a few more pounds. Her ass looks big!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,392
    Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA
    Who honestly finds that girl in the link attractive? she bones that all.
    Heh, yah her head is about the same size as her shoulders.
    Yentna, yer far from average i'd say. I'm pretty sure Jean-Luc and Brad would agree.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Slut Lake City
    Posts
    7,795

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by midget
    Yentna, yer far from average i'd say. I'm pretty sure Jean-Luc and Brad would agree.
    I would agree!

    to brad. fuckh that guy!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    new JERSEY
    Posts
    2,596

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    But my wife is a natural size 3 or 4, so I'm spoiled!
    She'd qualify just fine.

    They said that Kate Moss would have qualified and that the ban affected only30% of the models that were in the show last year... so that means that the other 70% are just right!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whistles
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by road trip
    She'd qualify just fine.

    They said that Kate Moss would have qualified and that the ban affected only30% of the models that were in the show last year... so that means that the other 70% are just right!

    No, because according to the BMI, to be anywhere under 18.5 on the scale is considered unhealthily underweight- while anywhere from 18.5-24.9 on the BMI rating system is normal. So many of hte models probably squeaked by by being only a tad over the minimum.
    Believe.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by road trip

    They said that Kate Moss would have qualified
    No, they said Kate Moss wouldn't qualify:
    "That would disqualify top Spanish model Esther Canadas, and supermodels like Kate Moss, based on unofficial records of their height and weight"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,063
    Would be pretty funny to see some of those disgustingly thin models start to cram their faces with food to make the cut.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,520
    One of the fundamental problems is that cameras make people look heavier than they actually are, I saw Cameron Diaz in person and could not believe how skinny she was. I do not think most men go for the emaciated look, that perception was created by gay guys in the fashion industry. I applaud this decision. There is a level that is simply too skinny. I work out about 7-10 hours a week depending on surf time, and I watch what I eat meticulously. I do not think it is too much to ask women to do the same. Fitness competitors are better role models, they work their asses off but in a much healthier way. Working out constantly and eating a great diet are what should be encouraged, not starving oneself. However, many people want to eat anything and excercise 1 1/2 hours a week and not feel any pressure to look better. Unless you've got great genetics, that ain't gonna happen. Obesity is a much bigger problem in this country than anorexia.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."


    "You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

    "I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Utard
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong
    Obesity is a much bigger problem in this country than anorexia.
    Hear hear!

    And midget & phUnk,
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Jack Tone Road
    Posts
    12,778
    As a naturally gazelle-like person, I think this is retarded.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Shadynasty's Jazz Club
    Posts
    8,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas
    As a naturally gazelle-like person, I think this is retarded.
    What about as a naturally lawyer-like person?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong
    ...Obesity is a much bigger problem in this country than anorexia.
    True, but the persistent media image of super-skinny as the only attractive body type creates a shitload of other problems. Such as the fact that the majority of totally attractive women of an average weight feel "fat" in some way or another. I happen to think that's a damned shame.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sandy Eggo
    Posts
    1,182
    At 6'3" and 191 lbs, I luckily have a bmi of 23.9.

    Phew! For a moment I thought I might be disqualified.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Jack Tone Road
    Posts
    12,778
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley
    What about as a naturally lawyer-like person?
    You each owe me $400 for my opinion as to whether or not this is retarded.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,170
    I guess I just found out by listening to NPR that my wife is actually a 0p, or 'zero petite'.
    Or a size 2, I can't really tell.
    She would have been a four in high school, but now it all has changed....hunh?

    Does this make my 34" pants now a 30"?
    Last edited by rideit; 09-12-2006 at 07:13 PM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Trouserville
    Posts
    14,462
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybryan
    Would be pretty funny to see some of those disgustingly thin models start to cram their faces with food t..........

    That's not the hard part. They're probably used to that.


    The difficulty comes in resisting the urge to puke it up 5 minutes later.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    mammoth lakes, CA
    Posts
    636
    heh. I guess there is hope. I'm a size 6-7. (whatever that means.) so I'd probably considered morbidly obese by the fashion industry. Whatever. I'll eat my Oreo's and drink my beer and they can kiss my 1/4 Irish arse when I've got a nice 'base' layer for the season.


    Right after I get back from my run...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the moment
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman
    Fine with me, there is nothing hot about this:

    Obviously you're not a necrophiliac who fantasizes about fucking a skeleton.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    8,922
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    Does this make my 34" pants now a 30"?
    Depending on the brand/model, yes. Some of Patagonia's 34" pants are 35.5" and their 33" are 34"
    Elvis has left the building

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •