Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Biscuits with sausage gravy.

Yeah you right.

Some salt some pepper some tabasco.

Yeah you right.

see wha' I'm sayin'?
    no, like, see wha' I'm sayin'?

Yeah, you right!

I love biscuits and gravy, I keep ordering biscuits and gravy, I've had a shitload of terrible biscuits and gravy but I had some real good biscuits and gravy tonight. Everybody else had ice cream. I went next door and I got some biscuits and gravy. i was right, they were wrong.

Yeah you right.

Where can I get me a mess of good biscuits and gravy with a side of attitude in New York?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

The worst bicuits n gravy was on Hatteras, that place sucked. (Not Hatteras, it's maybe the best place ever). In their defence there had just been a hurricane and I didn't get food poisoning.Overall I would say about 60% of biscuits with gravy suck, and surprisingly it's not that much better down South. Apparantly even the rebs have been conditioned to accept lousy chow.

Most of the rest fit in the upper or lower parts of the middle, but there are some excellent ones out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva
    Where can I get me a mess of good biscuits and gravy with a side of attitude in New York?
    Dude that can be done, lemme see what I can see.

The city, though: "Two over easy, whites cooked, side of bacon, hashbrowns - crispy, okay?- white toast, plenty of butter, water, OJ, and there's no jam on the table. If the butter's hard nuke it, I don't like hard butter, Alright? Good"

I do like breakfast, it's the only truly Custom meal.

And some coffee, I'm dying here.

That meal ordered above, without proper crispy Bacon, is a travesty.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Man, if you are an afficionado of biscuits and sausage gravy, you should make a pilgrimage to The Oxford in Missoula. They serve some of the thickest, richest, artery clogging goodness, in a seedy diner/bar/gambling hall setting that has been here for almost a hundred years. JJ's sausage gravy is the shit! The grease is so thick in the air there, that you practically need to take a shower after sitting there for a half an hour.

The cowboy bar in Fishtail,MT is another place for a good serving of biscuits and gravey. After spending a week in the beartooth wilderness, we always stop there for breakfast. It tastes like a million bucks after a week of freeze dryed crap.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    That meal ordered above, without proper crispy Bacon, is a travesty.
    It's the city, they know how to cook bacon. You gotta tell 'em about the egg whites though, a lot of people like them runny. Which is horrible.

Rasputin, that sounds like the shit, I'm on it, I'll be in Missoula sometime soon I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Rasputin, that sounds like the shit, I'm on it, I'll be in Missoula sometime soon I'm sure.
    Come any time, The Ox is open 24/7, stopping only for brief periods of grill cleaning in the wee hours.

24/7 you say?
    I am kinda bored...

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels
    24/7 you say?
    I am kinda bored...
    Oh yes, and in the wee hours there is a truely morbid assortment of societal castaways and ratscallions, the likes of which no words can do justice to. (and I am one who has been to some very strange places to develope my sensibilities and vocabulary too )

Actual quote from waitress in Detroit, MI: “Would you like a Crack of Dawn with your sausage gravy?”
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Yeah you right.

Some salt some pepper some tabasco.

Yeah you right.
    Damn man I wish they had a Bob Evens up here that was open 24hrs.

But the best sausage and gravy I've ever had was at the "Hickory House" restuarant in Aspen.

I once ordered McDonalds drivethrough biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast before a hike.

big mistake. ran out of TP 2 miles in

SHART!!!! OR SHARTED!!!
    Points on their own sitting way up high

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin
    Man, if you are an afficionado of biscuits and sausage gravy, you should make a pilgrimage to The Oxford in Missoula. They serve some of the thickest, richest, artery clogging goodness, in a seedy diner/bar/gambling hall setting that has been here for almost a hundred years. JJ's sausage gravy is the shit! The grease is so thick in the air there, that you practically need to take a shower after sitting there for a half an hour.
    this sounds like a good side trip when I ski in Montana

I do like breakfast, it's the only truly Custom meal.
    Yep. Nothin like a great breakfast after a hard night of drinking.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Biscuits and gravy

...or as my grandma used to call it "shit on a shingle", is right up there with BACON in my eyes....

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    This thread has me craving some biscuits and gravy and also a "Cowboy Benedict" from the restaurant at Topaz Lodge. A "Cowboy Benedict" is an egg and a sausage patty on a biscuit covered with sausage gravy.

OK, it is off to Nora's Fish Creek inn for me....now.

I hate you fuckers! There are people in this world who are on a diet! Delete this thread, now!

BTW, stop by my uncle's house in Nashville if ya want the real deal
    Signature removed for non-payment

Went to breakfast at a 'something' creek inn (cant remember the name) at Jackson years ago. That was the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had. Anyone know what the reall name of the place was?

Edit: Ride it, where is Nora's? I remember that we drove out of town a bit. For some reason my memory of that breafast is hazy.
    Last edited by berko; 09-09-2006 at 10:26 AM.