Thread: U.S. Open

U.S. Open

So who dressed Agassi this eve?....those shorts OP, vintage '89?

Who's your Bagdaddi. funny sign.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

I had a bunch of old Nike Agassi clothes from 1992, the year he won the US open. I wore that stuff to do serious tread mill workouts to the point that I'd wring them out.. I put them on eBay and sold them to folks in Europe for almost $100 an item.. Vintage Aggassi gear is valuable!

I've probably got 4 or 5 pair of his Nike shoes from the early, early 90's at my parents house. They are schweet.
    I went out there in search of experience. To taste, and to touch, and to feel as much as a man can, before he repents.

That was an interesting match. I don't think Baghdatis was ready for Agassi's style of play. By the time he got up to speed, it was too late. There is no doubt that Andrea still has the goods. The only thing that will take him out is the condition of his back. I'm thinking he makes it at least through the next match (Becker) after that, he might be too worn down especially if he keeps going to 5 sets.

On another note, Steffi is seriously hot but Baghdatis's girlfriend is major boner material

I'm going Tuesday, hopefully we'll get a good match. I don't think they have the schedule up yet for that day.

AA is a god. I only say that because I look like him

B)

I'm in NYC right now at the W visiting a friend who works for Volkl, so it's been major tennis scene for the last couple of days. Too bad I know little to nothing about the sport. But did watch the match last night and felt so bad for Baghdatis (or however it's spelled) cramp up. Looked brutal. Great fun to watch with people who can explain the game to me .
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Amazing game last night, just caught the last set and it was one of the best that I've seen. Agassi still moving quick for his age and the little drop shots fooling everybody. And in front of the NY crowd, it seems like a concert!

Quote Originally Posted by fixiewrek
    Amazing game last night, just caught the last set and it was one of the best that I've seen. Agassi still moving quick for his age and the little drop shots fooling everybody. And in front of the NY crowd, it seems like a concert!
    We may be loud, but we're also loud......

Bring the binocs, you see celebs everywhere....

B)

Quote Originally Posted by watersnowdirt
    I'm in NYC right now at the W visiting a friend who works for Volkl, so it's been major tennis scene for the last couple of days. Too bad I know little to nothing about the sport. But did watch the match last night and felt so bad for Baghdatis (or however it's spelled) cramp up. Looked brutal. Great fun to watch with people who can explain the game to me .
    Which W? The Times Square one has a really great bar...

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic
    I had a bunch of old Nike Agassi clothes from 1992, the year he won the US open.
    Let's try the word replacement game. Each of the words in the below can be replaced with one of the words in the above to make an accurate statement:

Stefan Edberg
    Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Man
    AA is a god. I only say that because I look like him
    I hear Brooke Shields is looking...

Quote Originally Posted by road trip
    I hear Brooke Shields is looking...

She towers over me....I come up to her boobies....

B)

Quote Originally Posted by road trip
    Let's try the word replacement game. Each of the words in the below can be replaced with one of the words in the above to make an accurate statement:

Stefan Edberg
    Wimbledon

Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Man
    She towers over me....I come up to her boobies....

B)
    Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    Which W? The Times Square one has a really great bar...
    The one at 49th and Lexington. Had such a blast. I remembered how fun NYC is compared to SF (sorry, but SF has the worst night life). And I remembered that East Coast boys are just so damn cute, and will actually smile at you and buy you drinks, unlike their westcoast counterparts (sorry... but it's true )

(tangent: Tipp - I'm coming back out to DC 11/11-16. Long trip next time!)
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

A match that I can proudly say I watched the last 68 points of!

Are there points in Tennis?

FKNA!

Who else thought that wats his "bagdahimoma" was all drama?

it was perfect!...........for TV
    Points on their own sitting way up high

Quote Originally Posted by watersnowdirt
    I'm in NYC right now at the W visiting a friend who works for Volkl
    I read nothing beyond this. Hook a brother up!!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."