Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I want it, need it... but at €73 last time I checked (or was that $$ ?) I am not vey hot on the dvd. I guess shipping to Europe sucks.

Too bad

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster

Sinners=Summer sanity for someone stuck in NJ
    You should try living in Australia then!.

Got it off the man himself and was instantly stoked!. Watched it so much, the music, cinematography and message just gets me psyched!.

I might watch it now.

Get after it boy!
    Last edited by powderhound; 09-21-2005 at 11:48 PM.

Here's what Sinners does for me: It makes me want to ski. Just popped it in half an hour ago 'cause I had Wings in my head and I smiled just about the whole way through. I've watched trailers and teasers and all sorts of gnarly footage these past few weeks, but nothing - and I mean nothing - puts me in the snow like Sinners does.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and was moving to Nelson in my head),
    d.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Put in the DVD player for the who-knows-how-many-ith time last night.

Damn I want to ski.

Soundtrack?

I was hoping I could get some help with putting together the soundtrack list of this gem.

So far I have got:
    Track 6 off the Hello Starling album by Josh Ritter.
    Lay Me Down" by The Frames
    ? Lester Quitzau

Can anybody help me out?
    Thanks

Ok, so my asshole roommate scratched my copy. Just emailed Bill, but does anyone know where they're still selling it/blasphemous as it sounds want to burn me a copy (I swear I bought a real one - I wouldn't suggest it any other way).

Quote Originally Posted by seldon View Post
    Ok, so my asshole roommate scratched my copy. Just emailed Bill, but does anyone know where they're still selling it/blasphemous as it sounds want to burn me a copy (I swear I bought a real one - I wouldn't suggest it any other way).
    I know biglines used to have copies - not sure if they still do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakes View Post
    I was hoping I could get some help with putting together the soundtrack list of this gem.

So far I have got:
    Track 6 off the Hello Starling album by Josh Ritter.
    Lay Me Down" by The Frames
    ? Lester Quitzau

Can anybody help me out?
    Thanks
    Lester Quitzau - Valhalla & Turkish Theme from album "keep on walking" are the two instrumentals near the start.
    Then "Wings" by Josh ritter
    Then Lester Q, Rollin & Tumblin from "So Here We Are"
    Then The Frames "Lay Me Down"
    Then Josh Ritter - Harrisburg and Snow is Gone for the credits

great soundtrack, great movie.

just watched this today and it put the good shivers down my neck

I've never had so much fun watching a ski movie where nobody landed a single trick

But seriously, there's so much more to skiing than that which is 'industrial' and Sinners makes you feel it. It's like the wise fellow in the room who speaks truth quietly while everybody is busy yelling obscenities at eachother.

Watching "Hand Cut" by Sweetgrass this fall gave me that Sinners vibe and it was no mistake. Word up to Bill, Josh, Ben and Nick. Good on ya, fellas!

I just had to bump this after watching Sinners again. 5 years later it's still my favorite. I never did see his next film, perhaps I should look it up. Come on, winter.

I was all over the posingproductions.com site. The pictures alone are amazing. Good publicity here for Bill. I'm in too with buying the film.

BSS Guest
    Still my all time #1 favorite ski flick.

And still the only one that has ever really been able to capture the true "soul" of skiing on film. (IMO)

I liked Sinners so much I did a trip a few years back to Nelson, mainly to ski Whitewater and Red, after loving the places on the film. I had just watched his next film (7 Winters Old?). I ran into Bill and his brother in a bar and gave them props for their films.

I need to watch them again this weekend.

wow what a relic of a thread
    lookit all those names- where are all those guys anymore...?

They had the internet back then?

I have a friend who has never seen this movie. Where in the world can a guy find a copy of this now?

Why don't you just contact the man himself?

http://www.bhandf.com/

BUY "SINNERS" HERE

He's a good dude, help the cause, buy it from him.

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    Still my all time #1 favorite ski flick.

And still the only one that has ever really been able to capture the true "soul" of skiing on film. (IMO)
    It does sound cheezy. But there's something about the movie that just makes you think of all the fun you ever had skiing, and how it's probably the most fun you'll ever have.

"Ski Your Ass Off II" aint so bad either.

Just bought it as my Christmas present to myself. I'm expecting a lot after reading this thread, but let's be real; I am so easily entertained by most ski films. Can't wait to load this one.

bumpt. . . .for a great thread. just ordered 9 winters old from his site bhandf.com, and Sinners is still available too, thanks to bill (assumedly) doing a second printing.

Sweetgrass Productions' Signatures film, definitely inspired by Bill's work, (just look at pace, use of light, bill's trademark slow flakes backed by pines, often falling right to left interestingly enough) and Sinners, of course, both are being shown at my "SLC Sinners party" tomorrow, Fri. 11th, 8pm, 2009, my place.

pm me for directions, mapqwest and the local grocery store, (for all us last minute planners - ha!).

Quality beer, quality friends, and good powder. .. .and the dude shall abide. Bring your friends and bring some beer or munchies to help out. looks like its going to be bigger than i thought. ha!

details:
    When we see something truly moving and have our friends around us, who get it, that this is why we’re so passionate about what we do, what we want to learn,

why we keep going out there,

that it touches our soul. . .

(skip to 4:08 on this clip) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6X60a5-3OQ&feature=related"]YouTube- White Grizzly Cat Skiing - by Bill Heath[/ame]

Meet other women and men into backcountry and area skiing, beginners to experienced. bring questions about touring gear/places - I love helping! Quirky, talented, passionate friends that come in technicolor –

again, please bring some beers and food to share (Smiths is right on 600 N. ), your friends (more the merrier), and I’ve got quality beer and non-alcoholic drinks!

What is it about that older crusty dude with the huge beard that makes me smile every time?? I hope that I'm skiing like that when I'm his age.

I love that movie.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    NICE clip, that is some soulful skierizing if i may say
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com