Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WTB: Fat Luvs or other Short and Fat skis for the wifey

She digs the looks of Fat Luvs but anything over 80mm in the waist, relatively soft, with girly graphics will probably do. Approx 160cm.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

ditto.

There's a lot to be said for nowhere.

I have a pair of 160cm Phat luvs mounted with a pair of Salomon S710 bindings. I think they are the 05-06 models. Excellent condition. Tops have hardly a scratch and the bottoms have minor scratches that a tune will take care of. No edge damage or core shots ! $450.00 plus shipping...
    Last edited by Glade Mover; 08-22-2006 at 11:57 AM.

Hey Glade Mover - I am a long-standing supporter of free enterprise, (and you've been a good customer!) but those sound alot like the 160 Phat Luv's with S710 bindings that I sold you for $350 shipped in early June? What's up with that?

Original sale thread=here.

[edit to add in the good customer comment - both pairs of skis I've sold to Glade Mover have been solid transactions, quick payment, etc, and I'm calling him out more of surprise, than anything else - no need to jump on him or anything like that - though if they are the same skis, I personally believe an equal price is in order. I'm fortunate enough to get good deals on ski gear thanks to some writing work I do, and last year we cycled through enough gear that I was able to occasionally sell good stuff, in good shape, for decent prices, and I would encourage other people to do the same thing.]
    Last edited by Red Baron; 08-22-2006 at 03:19 PM.

BAD FORM!

OUCH!!

RB: Thanks for always looking out for the maggots!!!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

JONGs rule!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron
    Hey Glade Mover - I am a long-standing supporter of free enterprise, but those sound alot like the 160 Phat Luv's with S710 bindings that I sold you for $350 shipped in early June? What's up with that?

Original sale thread=here.

Haha.
    450 plus shipping!
    Time to disappear for a while and return with a name change, eh Mr. Glade Mover?
    Can't wait to hear the explanation for this...

I'm pretty pissed that I gave him a good deal on a pair of skis earlier this year. I want them back dammit.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Man do I feel like I just got pulled over for doing 100... Ya know the gut feeling of looking up in the rear view mirrow and seeing those Blue and Red lights comming up from behind you real fast ? Then that really sick feeling you get when you have to answer any questions...Guilty , but with an explaination. Daywalkers skis are really worth the extra $ I thought, or I guess I didn't think, but I was meaning to think, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Glade Mover
    Man do I feel like I just got pulled over for doing 100... Ya know the gut feeling of looking up in the rear view mirrow and seeing those Blue and Red lights comming up from behind you real fast ? Then that really sick feeling you get when you have to answer any questions...Guilty , but with an explaination. Daywalkers skis are really worth the extra $ I thought, or I guess I didn't think, but I was meaning to think, I think...
    Can't bellieve I'm wasting time with this, but this pisses me off.
    "Guilty but with an explanation." Whatever. A simple apology would been better than all that crap you wrote ^^

This isn't fucking ebay where you get a deal and flip shit for a profit.

The funny thing is that you were dumb enough to try to make a profit on the deal RB gave you HERE, in gearswap, selling to a maggot. And a nice $100 profit apparently wasn't enough for you, as you tried to get a little more in the bargain by asking that the buyer pay for shipping!

Real stand up move guy.

So sad

Glademover.

The tgr maggots are getting ready to tear you a new one. To appease them, and up your gear karma, sell me the skis for $250, that way you take the $100 hit that you were trying to scam.

If it makes you feel better, they'd be for my wife. She's a 5'9" blonde hot mom. She didn't get to ski last winter (no snow) or the winter before (little baby/preggo), and she's desperately in need of some phatties. This is going to be the year at Taos, so she needs something fat and floaty.
    Everyone wins here. You get to keep the mags from anally raping you for trying to turn skis around. My radical wife gets skis. I don't have to shell out half a months rent for my (deserving) wife to get skis. And, all the maggots don't have to turn your rectum inside-out.

whattya say?

Skis for Wife or.......

Is this you Vey??

Anon, stop bogarting my thread. My yummy mummy wife has pumped out three little rippers in the past six years, losing three ski seasons in the process. One of those "other" winters was more like summer (remember the PNW whine fest from 04/05). She hasn't been on skis since December '04, her B-day is coming up, and I think I'll get extra lucky if I score her some girly sticks.

Anyhow, she's missed the big ramp up on the fat ski wagon so she wants to come back in style with girly graphics on her skis and a neon fart bag. If someone can hook me up with a decent deal on a set of fatty girly sticks I would be much appreciated . . . I guarantee they will be well loved and will not show up on gear swap, ebay, gapic ski or any other marketplace until they are truly retro sticks.

Now back to the Glade Ass Whooping!!
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

Per Red Baron ,"- no need to jump on him or anything like that - "

uuuuggghhh!!
    Glade Mover Per Red Baron ,"- no need to jump on him or anything like that - "
    'scuse me but you done f--ked up. You made your bed now you're going to have to sleep in it. Red baron is being a gent for trying to save your derrier. However, does not mean we'll all listen to him...asswipe Glademover.
    Team Fingering the Bean

looking for the women who takes the wheel when I'm seeing double

Angry

Oops, I meant to say the skis are $350 shipped. I'm just passing on the deal RB gave me. I was drunk when I wrote the first post, sorry about that. In fact, I'll take $50 off because I'm a moron, and Shin-to-Win is a good maggot.
    Fixed it for ya, ya douchebag.

Love,

The gear swap price police
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Man, if you call this being jumped on, you are in for a shock.

You were seriously out of line trying to profit off gear swap. If you make things right immediately, you'll be forgiven and that'll be the end of this.

If you choose not to, well... you'll just have to live with the knowledge that you're a repugnant, amoral leech. But maybe you're comfortable with that.

And as for your 'excuse' -- that was truly, truly pathetic.

I said that before you confirmed you were trying to flip gear you bought here for a decent price, for a good chunk more than you paid.

If you want your investments to apprecicate like that, buy real estate, not skis.

Have at 'em, gents.

yah, glade mover, here it come's. Go get your umbrella 'cuz there's about to be a shitstorm in here. That was a bad idea to dodge the heat. You really should have sacked up and apologized, and sold me one ski and Shins one ski for $100 each. Shins, does that sound like a good deal?

Ohkay, you're wife has popped out three kids, mine only one. BUT, perhaps you didn't hear about New Mexico's winter LAST year (05-06), but it was the driest on record, ever (and that's 110 years in Santa Fe). Aside from March, there was no significant precip at all. none.

so, she's pretty damn deserving too.

Maybe whichever wife is hottest should get the skis for FREE, and the other person get's a free hummer from Glade Mover?

Angry Glade, is that you?

edit: Glade has also made my do not buy/sell list.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

Profit Driven Motive?

WOW, What a fuckin douche.

Taking advantage of all the the goodwill that has manifested on these boards...So shitty. I always give people the benefit of the doubt here on gear swap because the problems are soo few and, just like what happened here, it is very effective at self policing. It's a COMMUNITY and that's why it works so well. It's always gonna come around back to you here because the whole thing relies on the idea of sharing NOT profit. Glade Mover is the prime example of why things like we have here can't continue to exist once they get too large.

I APOLOGIZE ! It will never happen again. It was a mistake and if I offended anyone here, I'm Sorry... Now you'all got me crying like a Girl and I'm going to ski the Phat Luvs myself ... Pretty Flowers and all...
    Last edited by Glade Mover; 08-23-2006 at 11:03 AM.