dynastar 186 pro rider review

these feel like a little tank.

gotamas were floater
    these are sinkers

but fuckin fast, manoeuvrable, stable and fun

woa
    shut up and ski

Can you compare them to the 194 super nobis?

Originally posted by dewey
    Can you compare them to the 194 super nobis?
    Uhh, fatter and shorter?

"Uhh, fatter and shorter?"

Like you, phunk?
    Oh wait, that would be slower and dumber.

Obviously I am interesd in their skiing characteristics as compared to the 194 which is, indeed, taller and skinnier.

Ohhh dammmn!

theyre oranger too

Woah. Angry guy. How's the whole "angry guy" thing working out for ya? I was just joking around man. Ease up.
    vapor lock - bitch.

Also just joking around.

Saw an opportunity and went for it.

Didn't mean any offense. But I guess that was fairly offensive without the vocal signifiers that might suggest jokingness.

Still curious about performance of aforementioned skis.

take 'er easy, dude.

Originally posted by dewey
    take 'er easy, dude.
    Oh, I'll fucking take 'er easy alright!

(As soon as I get my pair of 186 LP's, which should be by the end of this week. Stoked!)

the no side-cut makes it supernice to set on the drift and the stiffness is just purrrrrrrrfect. they float just enough if ya set your ass just a bit back

the mounting point is perfect.

edit- for the geeks : the only comparason i can do with the super-nobis is the high speed stability on chop and groomed.

edit 2 - i froze my toe monday and i have been ridding them with my touring boots. its working pretty good, a couple pre-releases, i can<t remember who posted test about boot comming out harder out of rossi binders, din is back up. i'm tweaking the plastic out of the tourers with these but its working fine.
    Last edited by dude_le_skibum; 01-30-2004 at 12:12 PM.
    shut up and ski

Le dude,

When you say Gotamas - Floaters vs. LPs - Sinkers, can you provide more detail? Curious as to how you think these match up since I am looking at getting one or the other.

Thanks in advance,

Rusty

ah. how to compare the both. eh?

hard to say... i would say that the gotama were a bit more userfriendly...the sweet spot was a hole lot bigger...the widness of the ski made it more floaty. i found though that it was bad in chopped...these the LP are much more of a crud busted...the spatula destroys all the chop leaving a wide ass line through shit. yeah, the spatula really acts like a plow. its not super hard to link up tight turns all you got to do is put some weight foward and it dives and the snow comes straight up at your face.. ahh.

i'm babbling sorry. so the best comparaison is that yeah, the legend pro is way more precise then the gotama. heavier. more stable in crud. i would use the lp as an everyday ski. i had the chance to push em in the moguls and chop at Kicking and they were good there too.

the gotama floats more they will forgive a hole lot more if ya huck shit and ski fast. there not as mcuh of a crud buster because of they wideness and softness....

hope that helps.
    we got some lp for sale at the shop. cheap. well not too cheap but cheaper then elsewhere...

the official word on the ski from the race dept: available to the market next year....
    shut up and ski

Sweet review dude -- I seriously appreciate your taking the time to share the info.

I may be in touch with you and your shop.

Thanks again,

Rusty

no stress dude.

i would also say that both these skis suprisingly work really well on the groom. i don't know the sidecut of but, but i'm pretty sure they are similar. the lp 186 really feels longer on the groom yet stays versatile.
    shut up and ski