Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63
Results 1,551 to 1,555 of 1555
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Depending on the year the chain brakes and vibration absorption are woefully inadequate. Vibrations led to carpal tunnel for me after only two 6-month seasons on XL-12 and 925's. They overheat at altitude and are just a bear to keep running in the summer.
    The xl12 I was referring to has neither of those pesky technologies. After some time, I've gotten used to it -- was my dad's since before I was born-- but yeah, numb/tingley hands are part of the deal. I'm not a pro, I can put er down and switch to beer at any time.

The sentimental value is thru the roof tho lol

Just picked up an MS 261. Seems like it should be more than enough saw for the size/species of trees I deal with.
    Relentlessly pursuing beauty in an irredeemably ugly world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Depending on the year the chain brakes and vibration absorption are woefully inadequate. Vibrations led to carpal tunnel for me after only two 6-month seasons on XL-12 and 925's. They overheat at altitude and are just a bear to keep running in the summer.
    Yeah, I used Homelite XLs a ton on USFS fire crews in the 70s. It makes my hands and wrists tingle (in a bad way) just to think back on that.

But we liked it…

I'm getting pretty good and repairing chainsaws. (I own a pos Poulan)

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Yeah, I used Homelite XLs a ton on USFS fire crews in the 70s. It makes my hands and wrists tingle (in a bad way) just to think back on that.

But we liked it…

By 1980 we hated them.