Check Out Our Shop
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80
Results 1,976 to 1,982 of 1982
    except it leaks bar oil like a sieve.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    except it leaks bar oil like a sieve.
    I was gona add "Except for the leaking chain oiler " even a premium saw will leak

my Sthil came with a spare chain/ hat/ plastic case and those cases are great for transporting the saw in a vehical or wherever, my 261 is sitting in a spare bedroom kinda mostly sealed
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-12-2024 at 01:34 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Well, six years with the Milwaukee and this came up. Truly a piss poor design imo, but apparently I was over torquing the bar, so maybe on me a little. I guess I prefer chainsaw bolts to be tight
    It's only this plastic cover that will hold the bolts in now, so I think she's toast. Was thinking of a Jerry fix, but not worth it.

^ wow. doesn't seem like it should reasonably possible to over-torque. i'm sure not using a torque wrench on my bars
    what did milwaukee say, maybe will do something for ya - pro form or discount code or something?

you're right - not worth it to jerry rig.
    north bound horse.

somewhere in the last 80 threads i made the statement " buy right and you only buy once "

edit: if those 2 bolts were welded to the same anchor plate that would not have happened, bad design and good reason to spend the $$$ on a better saw
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-07-2024 at 11:52 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    ^ wow. doesn't seem like it should reasonably possible to over-torque. i'm sure not using a torque wrench on my bars
    what did milwaukee say, maybe will do something for ya - pro form or discount code or something?

you're right - not worth it to jerry rig.
    This was 1st gen and I'm hearing it's been fixed with a piece of metal in there somewhere. Speaking with my arborist friend same issue happened with some Stihl models also. Apparently there are torque specs for bars, but yeah who the hell would do that... especially in the field.

I am going to reach out to the Milwaukee Rep. They have a lot of wiggle room to make things good whether it be batteries or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    This was 1st gen and I'm hearing it's been fixed with a piece of metal in there somewhere. Speaking with my arborist friend same issue happened with some Stihl models also. Apparently there are torque specs for bars, but yeah who the hell would do that... especially in the field.

I am going to reach out to the Milwaukee Rep. They have a lot of wiggle room to make things good whether it be batteries or something else.
    Call that 1800sawdust. I bet they take care of you. They really don’t give a shit about the warranty stuff, they want happy customers. I’ve had great luck with them. Grinders, skill saw, drill, impact, all beat to shit and replaced. Grease gun I had to pay the max fee to get it fixed and it was like $100. Worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk