Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I'm in - if you could be bothered to go to the post office and send to Oz.....
    Riding bikes, but not shredding pow...

FI DOLLAH!

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

I might be interested in a few.
    Ski Fast, Take Chances

Could it be just 'Change for a Nickel?' though? I think that's catchier...

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

i'd take a few
    maybe send a load over to me and I can distribute to London mags next time we go for a beer?
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Count me in...
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

Absolutely in. Guessing 100 not enough for the collective. I'd probably look for 5-10.

Noice!
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

I'd be in for 4-6 of them for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV
    Don't forget the logo..
    Stickerjunkie doesn't allow for custom graphics, just from their stock graphics selection (which basically suck), so we can't add this:

Also, since powstash mentioned die-cut stickers -- FYI, the stickerjunkie ones are a flat sticker, not die-cut. The "your bike sucks" ones that I have are pretty nice quality vinyl, edges on the sticker are clean, and the lines on the text are clean (no bleed-over on the print).

I'll order 200 of the stickers, based on the interest here. It took about 3 weeks for the last order I placed with stickerjunkie to get to me.

One of the stickerjunkie fonts I liked best for this was the "navel" font at their website -- easy to read, looked sharp with the "got change for a nickel ?" text on the 8.5 x 1.5 sticker. Anyone who wants to see what it'll look like can enter this into the www.stickerjunkie.com website, select the custom font, voila, WYSIWYG. So unless there's strong sentiment against the "navel" font, or in favor of some other font on the site, I'll go with "navel."

I'll wait until Monday afternoon to order, so post here if you want something other than "navel" font.

What I thought would work best on shipping is this: send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope, with a note saying how many stickers you want, and cash for the stickers. $1.00 for 2 stickers. Order in increments of 2; don't mail me $0.50. If you send me the SASE's now, I'll drop the stickers in the mail as soon as stickerjunkie gets them to me, and I'll post an update here in this thread.

I'll post my mailing address below, but will delete it from this post in a few days to avoid spambots. If you missed my address, PM me and I'll PM you with it.

Send your hard-earned cash, SASE, and note telling me how many stickers you want to:

Edit: my mailing address info, quantities, PRICES, and updates on everything important in this thread are in the first post here:
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/showp...01&postcount=1

Those who are out of the U.S. -- PM me, we can figure something out.

Edit: don't send your $ + SASE until Monday evening -- wait for the final decision, since if the stickers end up being ordered from somewhere besides stickerjunkie, costs could be different.
    Last edited by El Chupacabra; 08-06-2006 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

why do the white on black thing?
    surely there's a mag here with the talent to come up with a cool "change for a nickel" design..

yeah, it'll cost more to print - but I'd think most of us would be ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    why do the white on black thing?
    surely there's a mag here with the talent to come up with a cool "change for a nickel" design..

yeah, it'll cost more to print - but I'd think most of us would be ok with that.
    Fine by me. I don't have any graphic design talent. White on black is stickerjunkie's offering, so we'll need to find a different sticker manufacturing source for it... and maybe a smaller 3 to 3.5" round sticker too? (would be my preference vs. the longer rectangular one)

Other factor in nicer stickers: cost -- I don't want to get stuck with $100 of extra stickers that nobody wanted....
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quick googling:

$299 for 250 stickers, 3" round:
    http://www.customizedstickers.com/bu...s.shtml#prices

$291 for 200 stickers, 3" round, vinyl:
    http://www.lightninglabels.com/Quote.asp

Cost is significantly higher...

Quote Originally Posted by edg
    seconded
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

Make it happen Chupa. I'll need one for the beer fridge and another for the truck.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

thirded.

Got change? = Got Milk?

I'll throw in a fiver.

G.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Plakespear will take a couple so he can hand them out to bouncers on the LES

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaLuv
    Plakespear will take a couple so he can hand them out to bouncers on the LES
    I was gonna say- put me down for a dozen
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Agreed.

I'm fine with either "got change for a nickel?" or "change for a nickel?"

I'm gonna see if I can add a poll to this thread....

Edit: nope, can't add a poll here, so started a new thread for the poll only:

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58490
    Last edited by El Chupacabra; 08-05-2006 at 10:47 AM.

I'm guessing that you'll sell out eventually, even if you get 500. Bring them to a couple summits or minis and they'll all be gone....

B)

I'm In...

I'm in too
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Man
    I'm guessing that you'll sell out eventually, even if you get 500. Bring them to a couple summits or minis and they'll all be gone....

B)
    I would guess so too, but I'm not going to front $300+ for fancy stickers. $50 (for the simple stickerjunkie ones) is no problem.

Unless I hear from someone with a lead on inexpensive and nicer stickers, I'm going to order the stickerjunkie ones on Monday afternoon, with the "got change for a nickel" vs "change for a nickel" decision made by the poll.

I'll go either way, big rectangle stickers will find homes on skis and such... Round would be nice to slap on a helmet.

I'm in, whatever they turn out to be. I'll email a kick-ass profeshunul graphic designer mag to see if he's interested, otherwise I think plain text is better than trying to tart it up and having it look dumb.
    I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.