Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Turn"

way too fkn early for this shit m-series jong
    27° 18°

fuck all y’all miserable fucks...... time to move on

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

three months to snowmaking (?)

dude., they are skiing in colorado in October. . .

Yeah, no shit. And that’s about three months from now and they will be on the man-made snows so....... there it is.

Smell buttflakes mule..... go on now.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    fuck all y’all miserable fucks...... time to move on
    Did you read the OP, Xover's masterpiece?

"The Turn": tonight for the the first time since the middle of last november here in slc, i am feeling, smelling, sensing the first minor wave of what i will call "the turn". Kind of like the first wave that is slightly bigger than what has come, but is way smaller than what is to come of a tsunami (sorry for the horribly bad analogy - it was all i could think of). here in slc, the air has cooled consistently this past week to a sweet feeling low of 75 degs at 11 pm as i type this (down from almost 90 degrees of last week) and it smells of the great salt lake (indicating a cooling, refreshing nw flow - the kind of flow in the winter will without a doubt yield 2-3' of blower bounty that alta is known for).

"The Turn" is like when the front wheel of your bike rolls over the final inch of uphill and all you've got left is miles upon beautifully, blazing fast, dust blowing, downhill miles after a sweat inducing, borderling puking uphill grind. it is like the half way point a long trail run when you make that 180 degree turn and all of a sudden, un-expectedly life looks completely different than it did a milli-second ago and is 10x better and your body feels 10x lighter and there is a new (second wind, induced) spring in your step. it is like pukering through the crux of a climb, pumped outta your gord, heart beating un-controllably fast and you know all you gotta do is stay focused and keep it together to the chains and all will be good. all incomposing, you've made it through the toughest part and all you've got to do is keep on keeping on - persever - and you will reap the bounty of the harvest.

i haven't been climbing super strong this year yet (unlike last year at this time) and have been "slightly" discouraged thinking and partially believing my body has succome to that devil on the shoulder known as "old age". couple that with the new teasers - which are almost as bad as the actual premeires themselves - and you have one "turning" soul. throw in some McReynolds pow turns in the Respect teaser and my soul has fully and completley made "the turn". add to it the coolness in the air and thoughts of beginning ski specific training and my mind and body aren't to far behind.

have YOU made the turn yet??? if not, how far are you from it?? your soul knows and it is surely closer than your mind or heart actually realize!!!
    The Turn is a feeling, a feeling in the air, a feeling in you, that starts to point you towards winter. No way are we there yet.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ok, you ain’t, but i is.......

nope. still haven't even got through a fraction of the summer things i want to do. and then there is like fall.

The turn for me is that first crisp morning. The air just feel different. It still stinks of tourist here so....
    Live Free or Die

We are still heating up, gaining momentum, melting the patch skiing chunks - going the wrong way, gaining speed.

The turn is not close yet.

87` and muggy bob, turning cooler in a bit as a thunderstorm is approaching. Not "The Turn"!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Is it too soon to start the 2019-20 skiing threads?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Yes, the 2018-2019 skiing is still going on. When S. America is done, then the Turn will be imminent.... but it's not here yet.

Too soon guys.

Walking to skiing ratio still absurd for the TAY nerds. Must wait until that ratio improves in favor of skiing.

Last year proved there are no longer any standards to who starts the thread.

Mammoth just closed this past weekend. We are far from the turn. It is high summer. Call again in three months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Mammoth just closed this past weekend. We are far from the turn. It is high summer. Call again in three months.
    Time to hit the snooze button on this thread. MT has been lucky so far this season with wildfires, but we are a long way off from the storm front that breaks the back of summer.

I was kidding btw.

Omg, don’t get me started on shitty traversing.

i feel it, like a feeling, not a fabric.
    Last edited by byates1; 08-06-2019 at 11:25 AM. Reason: felt

In northern Michigan the turn comes in mid to late August in the form of several days of cold rain. Hemingway wrote about it in a story called "Three Day Storm" which takes place on Walloon Lake in the northern LP where his family had a summer house. The young protagonist is in the process of breaking up with his girlfriend during a 3 day storm. I read the story while I was working at a family camp on Walloon Lake, during a 3 day storm in August while breaking up with my girlfriend of that summer. (Same girlfriend I spent a lovely evening with while everyone else in the camp was watching Armstrong walk on the moon.)

While I can feel it coming, I can see the crest, my tire has not broken the ridge.... But the motivation from seeing it is real this time of summer/of the climb.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I thought about this thread over the past couple days, when the weather abruptly turned, from blazing heat to heavy cooling rainstorms; I put on a long sleeve t-shirt today. Last night had a skiing related dream. Feels good.....
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Last Sunday in the Uintas things went from pleasant temps to pounding hail and cold rain in about a minute. Got to the car soaked to the bone and chilled to the core, the thermometer was reading 43 degrees. This weekend I wore a puffy the entire day while climbing. It's not the turn yet, maybe a quick flicker, but it sure feels good.

It still stinks of tourist, but I felt a little twinge in the air this morning and it was a balmy 40 degrees.
    Live Free or Die

See?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    See?
    Stop.