Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Turn"

Had a talk with the herd and they're saying a significant cool down mid Oct. with some precipitation. But dry into late Nov.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Not feeling it yet here in Denver. Too soon.

Warrantied a jacket, got my e-credit and it was in shopping for a new shell that the switch went off in my brain. Enough of this summer bullsh*t (especially with the fires this year)t, I’m ready for winter. So a ‘mental turn’ for me at least.

AC finally off after a week of 90’s and dew points in the upper 60’s, low 70’s. Kinda fallish 🤞🏻

Other than the days being a bit shorter (but still long), I'm gonna go with no, not yet.

It's still in the 80's and the only reason it hasn't been hotter the past few days is because of how thick the smoke from all the wildfires is. 9 out of the next 10 days are forecast to still be in the 80's and we're forecast to hit 90 again next week. It's been a hot and dry summer and doesn't show any signs of being any less hot or any less dry anytime soon.

I'm thinking we're still a couple weeks away from the first sign of "the turn" unless you consider "the turn" to be slightly shorter days but otherwise still summer as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandSnow View Post

I'm thinking we're still a couple weeks away from the first sign of "the turn" unless you consider "the turn" to be slightly shorter days but otherwise still summer as fuck.
    shorter days = cooler nights but ^^ agreed.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I’ve “turned” into crazed loonbag because I’m starting to fiend for cold weather and snow. Does that count?

We have a few more weeks of mid 80 degree days here in Tahoe. I’m ready for 60s, and ahem, 40s. The turn is near.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

My season pass arrived in the mail yesterday. Not really the turn, but sure does feed the jones.

getting excited just to see this thread get bumped

After a two year absence my wife went back to her old parttime gig at Snowbird so my family pass is locked in there.

Little front moved through last night shave a few Fs off the temp and most of the smoke outta the valley.

I'm not calling this the turn but things are definitely moving in that direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    ....The turn is near
    He said the sheriff is NEAR.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Bought my pass, unboxed some new skis yesterday (Lhasa Pow 191; Yo' carbon Bro!) and have noticed the earlier onset of evening …

But, no turn as of yet for me (although longer for).
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

30 day notice of fall shift change posted today

I feel the "turn". Grass isn't quite getting fried like it was 3 weeks ago. Although, it's only a few degrees right now, the change will start getting quite dramatic soon. Can't wait for some cool fall hiking/biking with ventures up the canyon to see early season storms. After last year, I am really hoping for a very strong November to get things going on the right track.

In my mail box today. You know it’s approaching now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4827.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	244452

First frost has happened. Bears are desperately overturning trashcans. Songbirds are mostly gone. Still a pair of Calliope Hummingbirds around. Tough birds considering they're the smallest birds in NA.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Heard the first wave of geese headed south last night.

For those in the Wasatch, there was a brief moment of snow recorded on the Snowbird prism cam late in the afternoon: http://prismcam.com/demos/snowbird-peaks/

Aspens turning yellow already in the valley bottom in Eagle County, CO.

Snow appeared above 12,000ft in the Roaring Fork Valley yesterday morning

Running along the highline on Wednesday I noticed the first yellow leaves of the season in the big cottonwoods along the canal. No question, the turn has reached Littleton.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Jones calling it

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm365-Gh...=104ye2j9pmmsl

Was in and around San Fran this past week. Gloomy as heck down there. Nice reprieve from the swelter. Felt like fall. But alas back in the cooker on island city today.
    27° 18°

Really feeling it today. Currently a high of 58, light rain (yay!), kind of still a little smoky. It feels like an October day. It's coming...

First snow fell on the mountain roads of Norway this weekend. Cold mornings and crisp air in the city.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	222.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	245278

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I've been thinking about this thread for the past week and a half, I took a week off from work, during which the high temperatures dropped by 20-30 degrees. It was 60 for a high in Missoula today with some rain, while this is far from wintry, the temps on the mountain have dropped into the high thirties overnight.

Someone said to me the other day, they were like me, they were sick of summer, and just wanted it to snow so they could go skiing. It made me smile, as I had said nothing to prompt it, I didn't even know they were a skiier.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים