Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I enjoyed the smaller hill towns more than the big cities last year. Orvieto, was one of the best for being the right size, to walk all around in a day, touristy enough to have a lot to see, but not as overwhelming as Florence or Sienna. The Pozzo Di San Patrizio, St Patrick’s Well, was our point of interest and totally amazing and worth seeing. But we took all day getting there because we kept finding interesting things.
    And Gelateria Artigianale Da Angelo in Florence was the best gelato of the trip, and we were on a 2-3 gelato stops a day tour.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What a trip!

Our porter was timely and we never had an issue with the service of Verde Natura. Their mapping app. was pretty good but lacked a few minor benefits (like how many K to go to our destination). Overall we only pedaled about a 1/2 K off of our route, mostly due to the small country roads we were on and the GPS not keeping up with our location. Not bad considering the 250k we pedaled during the week.

We decided to bring our pedals and shoes and it was the right call. Since we were on secondary (and thirdendary and even some gravel) roads, having clipless shoes/pedals really helped. Our bikes were steel boat anchors and had to be the heaviest bike that any of us had ever pedaled. With the bar box and panniers, we were approaching 50lbs.

We loved the medieval villages, the artworks were spectacular, drank a Jeraboam worth of wine per day, and the Tuscan scenery was beautiful.

I highly recommend this as a trip if you want to cycle amidst wineries, olive groves, and ancient towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I highly recommend this as a trip if you want to cycle amidst wineries, olive groves, and ancient towns.
    That sounds terrible, no thanks.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How was the Duomo visit and tower climb?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

dupe
    Last edited by Peruvian; 10-09-2018 at 10:23 AM. Reason: WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That sounds terrible, no thanks.
    That's just as well. The riding is above your ability, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots
    How was the Duomo visit and tower climb?
    We didn't climb the tower or even go into the Duomo in Florence. The line was crazy long every day we were there. We enjoyed the Uffizi, Accademia, and Palazzo Pitti while in Florence. The Duomo in Sienna was spectacular and we even downloaded the Rick Steves' free tour of it and the Piazza del Campo. Seeing vids and pics of the Palio made me want to go back for it.

I tried to post some pics but the fucking uploader posted them sideways, so I'm skipping that bit.