Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

But these go to 11...(KCAR)

Some of you may have heard bits and pieces of info, but I figured you wouldn't mind a personal update.

Last week SUCKED. No better way to put it. Checked into the hospital Monday morning, and proceded to get a nice round of physical abuse. Got a nice PIC line stuck in my left arm, which was nice because at least I wouldn't be getting stuck anymore.

After that it was a pretty much hurry up and wait, running around getting sests and stuff. TacomaLuv stopped by with a basket of goodies in the afternoon, and after giving a satisfactory traffic report (my room had a view of the GW Bridge) I told Dex it was safe to return to Manhattan.

I got my first dose of IL2 around 6 that night. No major side effects to speak of. Got a rude awakening at 2 AM for the next dose, and around 4 AM the dry heaves hit. I decided that being a tough guy was out from then on, and demanded all of the anti-nausea meds I could legally get (I could have probably gotten some better stuff outside the hospital, I was in Wshgtn. Hts.)

The nest few days were kind of a blur, or at least monotonous. IL2 doses every eight hours, and measuring my piss.

Most people can tolerate about 7 doses before the side effects become too much for them. I was still feeling OK after 6, but thursday morning, after dose 9, I was feeling like pure hell. My blood tests showed I wasn't going to take too much more, and the doctors decided to try and get two more doses. Knowing the tolerances most mortals have for this, my goal was to hit double-digits, so getting to eleven was a moral victory.

I checked out Saturday morning, still feeling like hell. Granted, not sleeping well for a week proably had a lot to do with it. But I wasn't feeling like eating at all (anyone who knows me knows this means things are not well). Retired to my paren't house upstate, and slept for twelve hours that night, happy to be undisturbed every hour to make sure I'm still alive.
    Thanks to all my visitors: TacomaLuv, Dex, Woodsy, helmetcam, Trayc, Mt. Mang, and Spanky. Any of you who couldn't make it this time, don't worry. I get to have this much fun all over again in two weeks.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

that is all.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

that's fuckin burl, way to hang in there Plakespear. You have a high threshold for cancer meds, i'd hate to see what your drinking tolerance is like We are all rooting for a quick recovery, get strong for round 2 my man.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Way to go. You are a stronger man than I. Sorry I missed you up there work travel etc had my week completly fucked up. I'll be sure to catch you on the next go around in a few weeks. Hang in there and rest up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinkle
    that's fuckin burl, way to hang in there Plakespear. You have a high threshold for cancer meds, i'd hate to see what your drinking tolerance is like
    Exactly what I was thinking. This is like waking up right smack in the middle of a massive hangover, with a head ready to explode, a stomach about to burst, nausea and a spinning world only to jump right back into another binge. Amazing. Not sure I'd have the courage.

Keep it up Plake! You've got what it takes to beat this.

You are the mang.

Cancer is your bitch.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

cancer = slay3d. way to go plake
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Way to hang in there. You sir are one burly mofo.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Keep at it Plake --

++++++++++++++
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Dude, i'm so looking forward to our next sponge bath session, that private room with the view of jersey always gets me going...

Remember to let me know if you need anything before I head over again, gimme a call either way.
    [quote][//quote]

Go, man, go! Kick some C ass. Here's a couple more

Talking

Pffft. Only 11 cycles. You friggen lightweight. I want 12 next time. Now drop and give me 50

Ofcourse you all know I was just kidding above. Nils keep that same motivational strength. Remember you told me the exact same thing last fall. This world needs you man.

And maggots remember the freeze pops when you visit Nils in the hospital next time. Just don't ask him to stick his white pasty tongue out at you. It's nasty. LOL
    Last edited by TJ.Brk; 07-31-2006 at 04:27 PM.

GIV'R. All ya gots. What you are going through will make any heinous skin track slog this coming winter seem like a cakewalk!

Way to go to 11 mang. You are one tuff mofo to handle that much biological therapy. I have seen that kind of dosage kill people before, so your docs pushing you that far speaks well of how confident they were of your underlying constitution. Did they have to give you blood pressure support?

I feel honored to know someone who took it to eleven. Knowing how much of a lightweight I am when it comes to drinking, I'd probably tap out at 4 or 5.

If the saying "that which doesn't kill us only make us stronger" is true, you, an already incredibly strong person is going to become even stronger, if that's even possible. A scary thought.

Keep on kickin'

Keep on kicking ass!!!

Thumbs up

Way to get after it Nils!!!

Remember, you are Superman!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

This seems like taking "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" to the extreme. I hope the worst is behind for you now, Plake!

++++++++++++ Positive vibes sent to a kickin' cancer's ass super hero. ++++++++++++
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Thumbs up

Glad to hear you're in positive spirits during last night's drunk dial speakerphone incident. Must be all the vibes from here!

Keep charging Nils!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki
    Dude, i'm so looking forward to our next sponge bath session, that private room with the view of jersey always gets me going...
    Are you sure you don't moonlight as "Dr Rutecki"?

KCAR... K car? (ski racks should fit on there nicely...)

kick it nils, rest up & best of luck in 2 weeks
    & again for last week one a these

Rock the fuck on.

I'd put serious money on you in a UFC fight anyday!

Cancer is tapping and crying like a little bitch.

Kick it's ass man!
    Signature removed for non-payment

Keep it up man. Kick that cancer square in the asshole.

fkna dude.. you rule.
    sorry I couldn't make it this week - I'm definitely coming next time though.

-steve