Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

OH NO Landis Positive drug test?

LONDON (Reuters) - Tour de France winner Floyd Landis has given a positive drugs test for the male sex hormone testosterone, his Phonak team said on Thursday.
    "The Phonak Cycling Team was notified yesterday by the UCI of an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone ratio in the test made on Floyd Landis after stage 17 of the Tour de France," Phonak said in a team statement.

jesus, here we go again. interesting though cause i've read studies that say that after victories, testosterone levels in men almost always just, and the loser's goes down.

Link us.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy
    LONDON (Reuters) - Tour de France winner Floyd Landis has given a positive drugs test for the male sex hormone testosterone, his Phonak team said on Thursday.
    "The Phonak Cycling Team was notified yesterday by the UCI of an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone ratio in the test made on Floyd Landis after stage 17 of the Tour de France," Phonak said in a team statement.
    So does this mean he was (For Sure) taking something to soup up his performance? Or is there another explanation?

I thought it was going to be something related to his hip, but Testosterone? Maybe you just have to have real big ones to win the Tour?

This is going to be really interesting to see how this plays out...Should be an interesting for day for cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT
    So does this mean he was (For Sure) taking something to soup up his performance? Or is there another expaination?

I thought it was going to be something related to his hip, but Testosterone? Maybe you just have to have real big ones to win the Tour?
    It could be natural or he could be doping. They still have to confirm it in the B sample and then if is confirmed he will be dismissed and will undergo physiological testing to see if it could have been natural.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l06/jul27news3

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    Link us.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...ng/5221122.stm

"Landis has been suspended pending the results. If the second sample confirms the initial finding, he will be fired from the team, Phonak said."

From yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    Link us.
    def cuz I just like to stir up shit.
    I gave you the news agency, you cant check that?

I knew he had big balls based on his stage 17 performance, but hope this can be explained. More than cryptic details in the initial report would be appreciated.

http://www.cyclingnews.com for all the latest

Fingers crossed the B-test comes back negative.

If he did dope, he is an absolute idiot for doing so - I just can't imagine that he would take that chance with everything that happened just prior to the Tour. I will reserve judgement until the findings come back.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Ouch.

In other drug news, did you guys see that Allan Davis, Joseba Beloki, Alberto Contador, Isidro Nozal, and Sergio Paulinho were all cleared from the Operacion Puerto investigtion? How pissed are they? How pissed is Vino?

I know the teams decided unanimously to ban anyone under suspicion, even without proof-- knowing this could happen-- but this still sucks.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Wow. Did not see that. Kind of overshadowed by the Landis possibilities. Any word on Basso or Ully? (I guess i can go read for myself)
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

I find it interesting that this is the kind news that CNN see worthy of interupting the (Crisis in the Middle East)

Nothing else going on in the world.
    1: WAR
    2: Sports Doping

Nothing else rates?

Actually, I guess it's:

1) Sports doping
    2) War

And, meaning no disrespect to Senior Woodsy the Inexorable, I humbly submit to the kind readers of the Sprokets forum that this is rather large news and perhaps if we all commented in the already larger thread on the main forum that we wouldn't, you know, have to check 'em both. Knowing, of course, that this is the proper place for such a thread but also understanding that shit happens, so suggesteth Cornholio the Meek.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

I doubt the UCI will find anything true, it'll be swept under the rug and moved along. If they said he was a doper it would ruin the sport. People would cease to even care. It's one of those well look how closely (wink wink) we checked. The tv revenues would collapse, most US sponsors and the support of which would disappear.

Sprockets its your world AC, I just threw this in here as most TDF real posts were here but I refer all thoughts on appropriateness of threads on cycling to Telelphil, and in his absence, you.
    $10 says this thread ends up more informative and with more knowledgeable opinions than the one on the main forum

I’m not sure there would be any commercial collapse. The ejection of Basso, Ullrich and others hours before the start didn’t seem to have any impact whatsoever.

French Lab … huh. I’ve said this before, but the French have their panties in a knot all over the fact that a guy with one nut and another with a bad hip have been crushing their very best for the last 8 years now.

Could this be a way to “tarnish” Floyd’s incredible ride? The cynic in me says that they announce this positive to introduce doubt, but then follow-up with the second test and lo and behold it’s negative … just enough doubt for the French to not admit that Floyd was the shiznit at the Tour.
    Who cares how the crow flies

Let me just reiterate my post from 1 week ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Klammer
    In cycling everyone dopes.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Absence? What absence are you referring too. And I agree with you, this thread will be better than the one on the main forum.

And....hope it's not true, guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy
    $10 says this thread ends up more informative and with more knowledgeable opinions than the one on the main forum

We have a HODOWN!

Yeeehaaa!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note, how the hell would a 24 hour dosing of 'roids be helpful? They don't work that quick. Or could someone with more insight explain the benefits to me?

I can see a transfusion of red blood cells, but 'roids?

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy
    The ejection of Basso, Ullrich and others hours before the start didn’t seem to have any impact whatsoever.

Well yeah they had a race and all but these were guys that would have been in serious GC contention. It's not the same thing as saying my or your absence didn't have an impact. Their presence could have very realistically made a very different race. As far as how this affects commercial outcome...it's kind of hard to say without more time I think. But I do believe it's soured some enthusiasm.....which might affect sponsorship and general interest. But I think the big ousting was too close to the race to see any affect anyway. Contracts, team, tv etc were already set to go.

So supposedly homosexual males have higher base levels of testosterone than straight males. Anybody notice loyd snapping his fingers when he raised his right hand upon winning stage 17?
    Last edited by kidwoo; 07-27-2006 at 10:56 AM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead
    On a more serious note, how the hell would a 24 hour dosing of 'roids be helpful? They don't work that quick. Or could someone with more insight explain the benefits to me?

I can see a transfusion of red blood cells, but 'roids?
    yeah, this just doesn't make sense. testosterone helps build muscle mass, it's something that would be taken during training, not the day of a race. and if he had been taking something all along, this should have turned up in tests each day . . .

so assuming he has an abnormally high level, that will show up in the B sample also. and then he goes and takes the physical to determine if it's natural. anybody know why Phonak fires him between the B-sample and the physical? is he back in the clear if he passes the physical?