Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Its always sunny in Philadelphia

Anyone else watching this? One of the funniest, most irreverent shows on TV right now. Just thought the maggots should know about it.

Nobody watching it? Just as I suspected. You are missing out.

I think its pretty fucking funny

I think it's pretty funny, and the title is dead-on balls accurate.

Time and channel please? I have read reviews and love the cast, but can't remember when it is on. I am all about irreverent comedies, especially now that Arrested Development is no longer on.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Thursdays at 10 on FX, I think.

Yup- I think so.

Not really the same as Arrested Development, but similar in ways.

Example:

Last week they(owners of an irish pub) realized a bunch of underage kids were drinking at their bar. They realized that no one was carding, and the kids had figured it out, and told their friends. The initial thought was to start carding, but they came up with a better idea. Kids need a place to drink safely, right? They decide to open their bar up to underage teens, as long as no one drives. It all goes well, until they realize that they were all losers in highschool, and now the "cool" kids think they are the coolest. Power goes to their heads, and they end up going on dates, getting asked to prom, and getting dumped for another girl/guy. Which brings them back to the fact that they are still losers, but now they are mid-20's losers who can't even land high school dates.

Now that I read this, it is a lot like Arrested Development.

Oh, and Danny Devito plays the dad- he has been awesome, so far(new character this season).

Hope you enjoy it.

The underage drinking one was from last season, I think (pre-Devito). The Underground Street Fighter episode was new, though (and funny as fuck!) There was another pretty funny show last season on FX called "Starved", but they didn't bring it back. With The Shield and Nip/Tuck, FX is rarified air with HBO and Showtime in terms of the most quality shows on TV.
    Montani Semper Liberi

girlski- did you like it?

I have Tivo'd all the shows but have yet to watch more than one, and it was pretty damn funny...

one of last year's episodes was on last night, the story was about picking-up chicks at abortion rallys----holy shit that was funny.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog
    girlski- did you like it?
    Haven't been able to watch it because I don't have cable. I was hoping it was on FOX, one of the two stations that I get off of air satellite. I will have to wait for the DVDs to hit netflicks.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB
    With The Shield and Nip/Tuck, FX is rarified air with HBO and Showtime in terms of the most quality shows on TV.
    Definitly. FX used to just be the shows that weren't good enough for fox, but they have definitly got some quality on there nowadays. I can't agree with you about Nip/Tuck, I hate that shit, but other than that FX rocks.

I saw the abortion rally episode recently, which was funny enough to get me interested in this show too.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

The anabolic dee episode was so funny. Grin was plastered to my face the whole time.
    eating and sleeping is serious business

Quote Originally Posted by Dug
    The anabolic dee episode was so funny. Grin was plastered to my face the whole time.
    I will eat your babies bitch!

But daddy, I want to eat her babies!

Why don't you just shut your little monkey face and hold the bag!
    eating and sleeping is serious business

Quote Originally Posted by Barnballs
    one of last year's episodes was on last night, the story was about picking-up chicks at abortion rallys----holy shit that was funny.
    Yeah, I DLed that episode off youtube. Definitely a show worth watching when I get back to the States...

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins
    Definitly. FX used to just be the shows that weren't good enough for fox, but they have definitly got some quality on there nowadays. I can't agree with you about Nip/Tuck, I hate that shit, but other than that FX rocks.

I saw the abortion rally episode recently, which was funny enough to get me interested in this show too.
    FX is killing it: Rescue Me is another favorite of mine

Quote Originally Posted by freshies
    FX is killing it: Rescue Me is another favorite of mine
    Werd, specially since Marissa Toumay(sp?) has made an appearance.

Best comedy on tv IMO. Anybody know when this show starts back up? Is it June?

The episode where they go on welfare and become crackheads is fucking hilarious.

fantastic show. Can't wait for the new season. The gang goes jihad was another great one (they make a fake terrorist threat tape to try to scare off the restaurant owner next door).

Great start to the new season....hilarious.

I had never even heard of it until I randomly saw it last week. Freakin hilarious

i searched for this program on direct tv and it did not come up. Any beta on the channel # in colorado?
    I have heard it is unreal (better than arrested which i love) and just got season one on dvd from netflix