Any game developers?

Are there any game developers here? I am in Southern California (Orange County) now and I am looking to move closer to the mountains and snow. Anyone know of any companies that are close to good skiing? I have a little list already, but I'm curious so see what comes out of the woodwork.

This is just a guess, but I would look heavily at the Seattle area. (I work at a small animation studio, but we do a lot of work for game companies.)

My company does the accounting for Headgate Studios who develop games for EA (Tiger Woods among others). They have been on a hiring rampage recently and are located in Bountiful, UT which is a good place if you want to ski Snowbasin or even LCC or BCC. I could get you contact info if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond
    This is just a guess, but I would look heavily at the Seattle area. (I work at a small animation studio, but we do a lot of work for game companies.)
    Real no brainer - Nintendo in North Bend (don't know for sure that they do game development at that site) is under 15 minutes from getting your ass on a lift at Alpental when State Patrol aren't looking.

Largest software company in the world based in Redmond might need a games developer or two. Dozens of other smaller local companies.

I can't imagine there being such a concentration outside of Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

No need for game developers anymore. Watching chicks playing twister when naked is all that the world needs.
    Not around much these days.

Yeah, I had been looking at the Seattle and Redmond areas.

UTdave, thanks for mentioning Headgate Studios, I hadn't found them yet. I don't need any contact info now, but thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.

If the Seattle connection doesn't work out there's always Rockstar in Leith. A mere two hours to joys of Glenshee.

^ Heh. ^

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

There are a few small ones in Reno, close to Tahoe. I'll get you more info if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit
    Real no brainer - Nintendo in North Bend (don't know for sure that they do game development at that site) is under 15 minutes from getting your ass on a lift at Alpental when State Patrol aren't looking.

Largest software company in the world based in Redmond might need a games developer or two. Dozens of other smaller local companies.

I can't imagine there being such a concentration outside of Japan.

Hmm, future dream job?

Cool thread, by the way. (From my perspective anyways.)

This thread would be way cooler if that picture were 6 or 7 times larger. And taking place in my living room.
    It's idomatic, beatch.