Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I think i might try and roll with dark grey w/white lettering, red sidewalls...

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker
    Got an email from Kingswood today and wanted to update people on colors. They will reverse colors or do different combos of the colors on their sheet (for instance, dark green/flouro green) for an additional $70. The same goes for the "Tron" and polka dot topsheet you can see on the website.

SMF-this is how I interpreted the email, does this jive with what you have heard or know?
    I have not heard of an extra charge, though I have never asked about the polka/tron thing. If that is what Kris said than that must be what they are currently doing. There are plenty of good standard combos. The best ones I have seen as far as overall aesthetic appeal are the black with white on white, the dark blue with white/white, and the black with flouro green on white. All of those are standard. I currently have Black with white on white Fats and Grey with red on white Midfats. The Fats are awesom and very classy. The midfats look pretty good but I wanted red sidewalls and there was some confusion about that.

Any new takers? I know we decided on an August time frame but I am anxious to get this underway (as are some others), so I thought I'd bump this basically. Plus we're still hoping some of Daves fellow Canadians will come around.....

Yeah dude, I'm pretty anxious to get this underway as well... new toys make me happy!
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Hey, I'm out. Looks like you'll make the number anyway, but my pow ski needs are taken care of (until the next buy, probably).

Going to bump this guy with a question:

What's the current timeframe and/or deadline?

I'm still waffling (or is the word I'm looking for wavering)?
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Yo, I'm in for a pair of midfats, regular.

I'll pick em up from you at the shop, when you mount and tune em for me too!

Check your pm about you know what.

Maybe we should start keeping track of who is placing orders in the thread to make sure we get the required 5 people:

Jason Stroup
    stroupskier@hotmail.com
    Mid-Fat
    Extra Stiff Flex
    1st choice color : Bright Red/Black
    2nd choice color : Dark Red/Grey
    White Sidewalls

Copy and paste for the next guy:
    Name
    email
    Model
    Length
    Flex (Standard or Extra)
    Color scheme (1st and 2nd choice, they almost always can do 1st)
    Sidewalls (red or white)

Also, wasn't there a 20% off buy if we got 10 or more people a while back? Is there any way we can work that deal again if we get 10 people?
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Any updated timeframe for people? I would love to wait a little while longer, but if it has to be right away I could prob do it. For better or worse this cant go on a credit card, right?

My timeframe is still the end of August, I just wanted to make sure people were still interested.
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

i could be very easily persuaded into some mega fats if this gets together soon. If not, i might have to get me some bros

I'm still in too

Dave Gheriani
    dgheriani@hotmail.com
    Fat
    Extra-Stiff Flex
    Red Topsheets and sidewalls with grey lettering

lets get this sucker off the ground!!
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Quote Originally Posted by StroupSkier
    My timeframe is still the end of August, I just wanted to make sure people were still interested.
    Cool, I am 90% in... really want these f'ers... who has some 9-16s for me..

Alright guys it's August let's get this thing rolling. Dave is getting stiff fats, me and couloirman are getting Megas, Jed is getting standard Midfats unless I can talk him into manning up to Stiff ones, Stroup is getting Stiff Midfats, Evmo is using his wifes credit card and Dwalker might still be in but he's gotta stop oggling the mere mortal skis that abound the gear swap and put his money where his mouth is. The five is locked I would say, let's do it. Everyone who is ready give me your order:

Name
    email
    Model
    Length
    Flex (Standard or Extra)
    Color scheme (1st and 2nd choice, they almost always can do 1st)
    Sidewalls (red or white)

Also don't forget to add the way you plan to pay, simply say paypal or credit card.

smf, I can't pay till the end of the month. Do you want me to go ahead and submit the order to you anyways?

F, i guess I am in. PM's you my info. If I cant afford in the end, someone will buy, right?

First color choice (which I REALLY hope I can get)... Dark Grey with Light Grey Lettering, red sidewalls... weird, i know, but what can you do...

White Sidewalls

Also, wasn't there a 20% off buy if we got 10 or more people a while back? Is there any way we can work that deal again if we get 10 people?
    I just sent this to Stroup but you should all see it, it explains the deal in better detail and the proper context for anyone who doesn't already know that I am a KW rep:

Hey Stroup 10% is the best I can get you now. I am the first US KW rep and am putting together this group buy in order to promote the skis at a better price with a much better shipping option.

I won't actually be anywhere near making money off my business until at least the end of next season, but for right now my sales are going toward building Kingswood a demo fleet in the US to promote for them at resorts and at on snow demo days. They can't afford to kick me down custom skis so they offer me them at a 20% discount so I can scrape out a margin of sorts to help suppliment my investment in the demo skis. It makes more sense for them to get into our market this way and they will sell way more skis now that people will be able to get their hands on a pair to see and try out ahead of time.

Eventually the goal is to have all US orders shipped to me in bulk so I can redistribute them and cut down the overseas shipping by $100 for each person. The 10% off is an extra incentive I'm offering out of my comission to get Maggots on board for a better deal. My margin is 20% so I am giving half of that back to you guys to sweetin the pot and am only earning a 10% margin toward my demo fleet.

I hope this makes sense and you are still stoked about the deal you're getting. We have 5 guys ready to rock so I'm going to start turning in orders tonight.

Taylor Pope
    FreeRide Solutions Ltd.
    Kingswood Skis made in NZ

smf, I can't pay till the end of the month. Do you want me to go ahead and submit the order to you anyways?
    It is okay if you can't pay for a week or two because it will probably be at least that long before they send out the invoices. They will start building the skis right away. As long as you pay before all of the skis are ready to ship it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by skimasterflex
    I just sent this to Stroup but you should all see it, it explains the deal in better detail and the proper context for anyone who doesn't already know that I am a KW rep:

Hey Stroup 10% is the best I can get you now. I am the first US KW rep and am putting together this group buy in order to promote the skis at a better price with a much better shipping option.

I won't actually be anywhere near making money off my business until at least the end of next season, but for right now my sales are going toward building Kingswood a demo fleet in the US to promote for them at resorts and at on snow demo days. They can't afford to kick me down custom skis so they offer me them at a 20% discount so I can scrape out a margin of sorts to help suppliment my investment in the demo skis. It makes more sense for them to get into our market this way and they will sell way more skis now that people will be able to get their hands on a pair to see and try out ahead of time.

Eventually the goal is to have all US orders shipped to me in bulk so I can redistribute them and cut down the overseas shipping by $100 for each person. The 10% off is an extra incentive I'm offering out of my comission to get Maggots on board for a better deal. My margin is 20% so I am giving half of that back to you guys to sweetin the pot and am only earning a 10% margin toward my demo fleet.

I hope this makes sense and you are still stoked about the deal you're getting. We have 5 guys ready to rock so I'm going to start turning in orders tonight.

Taylor Pope
    FreeRide Solutions Ltd.
    Kingswood Skis made in NZ

Hey, Sorry for the confusion, but does this mean no custom colors? I know there was some back and forth about this before... thanks.

^You can get custom colors I didn't mention anything about that in the qute but anyway you can.

They are still working on alternate graphics under clear topsheets but so far they are sort of ugly and they havn't gotten the topsheet as bomber as their colored ones so they havn't released the new graphic yet.

Oh yeah and they won't have the 193 Midfat until later this season like around Christmas or New Years or so, at which point I am sure there will be another group buy on those and I'll be getting a pair.

Nice, so I am good with my weirdo color combo... Thanks.

I know my wallet sure hopes they dont come out with a 193 midfat this coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by nutcase
    I know my wallet sure hopes they dont come out with a 193 midfat this coming season.
    Kris says hopefully by Thanksgiving, in time for your wife to give you them for Christmas

I'll be all over them, guys really want to ski the longer ones. I'm hoping to get out to Utah and Co during Christmas time so I hope I get some by then for the mags out there to try out.

i'm out for this round, but in for the 193s
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Hmm, I'd be in for a late fall group buy when that gets set up. Anyone wanna but some Spats with P14's?