How come TGR does not make paddle flicks anymore?

How come TGR does not make paddle flicks anymore? There old ones where sic! Wheyakin is one of my all time favorites.
    Creek Boaters Like Tight Boxes

The guys that made those with TGR were only contracted for a couple films. I might have my facts crossed on this though.

Yup, 3 films and they were done. I think Trask and Ardin are still putting films together out of Bozeman, but through their own label.

Btw, if your looking for a dvd copy of Nurpu, don't by the ones offered online for 10 bucks. They must have lost the music rights when they went to put it on dvd, because the soundtrack just plain sucks and makes the film a drag to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River
    Yup, 3 films and they were done. I think Trask and Ardin are still putting films together out of Bozeman, but through their own label.

Btw, if your looking for a dvd copy of Nurpu, don't by the ones offered online for 10 bucks. They must have lost the music rights when they went to put it on dvd, because the soundtrack just plain sucks and makes the film a drag to watch.
    Man, that sucks. That has to be one of the best kayak flick sound tracks ever done. A hell of a lot better than those fucking "Twitch" flicks...that and the fact that Tao (aside from his skill in a boat) is a little bitch.

Lot's of reasons - but mainly the reason we quit doing that line of business is the same reason any business quits doing somthing, we couldn't make a profit on it.

Big sponsers are needed and not to be found for kayak, and the niche market just doesn't buy enough to pay the bills.

being dictated by the pocketbook sometimes sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenwater
    Big sponsers are needed and not to be found for kayak, and the niche market just doesn't buy enough to pay the bills.
    Cheap ass kayakers...

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum
    Cheap ass kayakers...
    Seriously!

Hey, can anyone burn me a copy of Valhalla?

kidding, of course...
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum
    Cheap ass kayakers...
    That's cause half my damn money went to gas this year for just gettin to the damn river.

I would pay to watch more TGR kayak videos.

Now you're $20 closer to a new production.

Well, the lack of profit isn't stopping some righteous boaters and videodudes from producing some sickness. It's out there. Last couple of years the Banff festival has featured some radical boating. (At least for the Boise stop). Lots of other festivals and what not....

Have mixed feelings about that niche becoming profitable though, as when the masses discover boating it will undoubtedly mean even more crowds on the rivers. Of course, maybe that would mean more support for getting rid of more dams.