Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Monkey
    That would be sick. You guys have the perfect yard for some sweet stuntz.
    oh good, so then you're in to help build it?
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide
    Hell ya I'll shovel some dirt. We should rent a skid loader. Sah-weeet.

This is all perfect timing since i have to send my work computer into the shop and I won't be working for a of couple days next week. How does Monday sound?

That is totally sweet. Very clean, too. Did you get the dirt delivered or something?

Skid loader would make it go quick, at least for the berms and rollers....

For ours, it took the owner and myself about 8 hours to dig out the outline of the track and start the berms and a couple rollers. Then we got about 7 or 8 people together for a bbq and we knocked the rollers and rest of the berms in 5 hours or so. If you started one morning with a bunch of people, you could get it done in a day I think.

Yes, dirt was delivered.

actually, a neighbor has a bobcat that may be available for use

we have some 'prep work' to do before any actual construction can begin - first that section of chainlink fencing must be removed, then the shed has to get torn down - though some of that wood could probably be reused...
    Last edited by skiguide; 07-06-2006 at 11:36 AM.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

I'll help.

I think a step-up to 10 foot tall (at least) bridge with a teeter on top would look good too. Of course, I've never even seen you backyard, but really, all backyards should have a pump-track with a giant step-up to bridge/teeter. It would really tie it all together.

Because really, a pump track alone is fairly gat, but if it has bridges and stunts and doubles (real ones, not just those Nancy roller-types) all around it, well, that's just butter.

Alright then. When do we start the work?

little steep of a tranny, no?
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS
    Because really, a pump track alone is fairly gat, but if it has bridges and stunts and doubles (real ones, not just those Nancy roller-types) all around it, well, that's just butter.
    You forgot fire (or snake) pits in the middle of the doubles and loop d loops.

Marshal - That is actually our roller packer. We made two drunk girls stand on either side and rock it like a teeter todder. Worked quite nicely.

actually, a neighbor has a bobcat that may be available for use

we have some 'prep work' to do before any actual construction can begin - first that section of chainlink fencing must be removed, then the shed has to get torn down - though some of that wood could probably be reused...
    Awesome, we'll pay for the gas and flip him a case of beer/purified water for the wear and tear.

A skid loader can handle the prep work. Or some fire would handle the shed. How about a stunt over the burning shed, that would be gnar.

Alright, I'm bumping this...it's time to get the build started.

My time is freed up, and the rain today should make the ground workable. Who's in for some building this week? I'm thinking a few hours after work each day would be a good start. We're in Moab next weekend, but will be here the weekend after for some longer work days. 2 weeks of work on this should be more than enough to put something together.
    [This Space For Rent]

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    Bwhaahhahaaaa!!!

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=77259
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

....and pink posts for your lighting systerm

I don't know about Lee's pump track, rode with him once, he is smooooove.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Bear-

What are you thinking for this week? Josh and I would be down...especially if we can bring the pup. We'll be gone most of next week and weekend, but let us know if we can help in the meantime. Can you say summer BBQ/building sessions?

Do you guys have a design in mind yet? Looking through the leelikesbikes.com site got me so stoked about this!
    Last edited by tradygirl; 04-23-2007 at 08:47 AM.

Yeah, I've got two sets of plans to work from, and some ideas of my own in mind.

Not sure where to get some fill from yet...ideas anyone? Not even 100% sure I'll need any.

I do have access to a neighbor with a tractor that would push some dirt around for us...but I'm not sold on turning half of the backyard to dirt. I'd rather just create the dirt track and have grass in the middle if that's possible.

I'm hoping to get out tonight and kinda plot out a basic layout, so anyone that wants to help is welcome...dogs are always welcome too.
    [This Space For Rent]

I know nothing about pumptracks, but I do know how to hold a shovel, and how to put ice in a cooler of PBR. Let me know when dude, I am psyched to do some digging.

I am in the same boat as Josh, never dug for a pump track or anything but I know they are fun as hell. I'm free Tu,Wed,Thur evenings and would love to help.

sb, let us know when you get it mapped out and we can figure out some times to come down.

We have found that entry and exit rollers on the berms really help maintain and create speed thru the corners and off.

Our track constantly changes and grows.(new lines and doubles)
    Mostly trial and error.

Great workout, lots of fun.

Post more pics please!

Quote Originally Posted by altagirl View Post
    I've tried convincing Mr.AG to do that in our yard, but he said we don't have enough space and it would mess up the grass... blah blah blah.
    Would someone please let Mr. Altagirl know that lawns are so passe. Build the track, plant some flowers and then make it a garden path when you need to sell the house. It's that easy and your wife will be pleased.

I tried a pump track for the first time last week at sea otter classic in Monterey. I'm hooked, wish there was enough space in my back yard to build one, but that's not going to happen in SF.