Thread: Superman

Superman

Any reviews yet?

On one hand it looks good, on the other hand it looks like rehashed shit again. If I am gonna pay $9.50, I would like to know the skinny from some mags who have seen it.

Is it just shit, or is it so-so, or is it the shit?
    "There's a truth that sanity denies...." --Sprung Monkey

Just saw it.
    It was pretty good.

I just didn't seem right to me though.. the characters are all different. Take Brandon Ruth. He didn't seem as clutzy as clark kent as Chris Reeve did.. I never felt like I was looking at lois lane when Kate Bosworth was playing her.. There can only be one Lois Lane, and that is Margot Kidder.

Even Kevin Spacey as lex luther. You could have guessed - Spacy is an amazing lex luther!!! but it's just wrong when lex luther is not gene hackman..

The story was meh. I've seen worse.

By far the coolest moment of the movie was when somebody shot superman with a handgun in the eye at point blank range.

The special effects in general were really cool..

Just saw it too......I thought it was worth the change, but like Steve, it just took me awhile to readjust to the newer actors even though I hadn't seen any of the older supermans for probably 20 years (whoa...).

anyway, yeah, Kevin Spacey rules....and I thought it was worthwhile to see on a big screen with the sound effects and all that. Just go to a theatre with comfy seats...2.5 hours! My back is whacked!
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

I really enjoyed it. Spacey stole the show as far as I was concerned. Would have liked to seen Superman not be such a pussy without his powers.

By far the coolest moment of the movie was when somebody shot superman with a handgun in the eye at point blank range.
    Cool Special effects.

I enjoyed it as well. Brandon Routh definitely looked the part of Superman although I agree that Reeve was much more of a clutz. Kate Bosworth didn't remind me of the old Lois at all and was pretty blah as an actress (although she's hot). Spacey did a great job as Lex, although I kept wanting him to sound like Hackman... close enough.

The plot was a little week, but of course the special effects were cool. The developing plot is interesting despite being kind of predictable.

If you ever read the comics - Klark Kent wasn't a pussy or a Klutz in them either. Look at the old George Reeves TV series (or Lois & Clark, Smallville) and you'll see the same.

IMHO Margot Kidder was never hot enough to be Lois Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    If you ever read the comics - Klark Kent wasn't a pussy or a Klutz in them either. Look at the old George Reeves TV series (or Lois & Clark, Smallville) and you'll see the same.

IMHO Margot Kidder was never hot enough to be Lois Lane.
    There are many differences between the movies and the comics.

... and nobody was hot in the 80s.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    saw it on friday night at an Imax theater which was fucking cool as hell...although I was so flared that when they first did the 3D shit and I had the glasses on, I thought I was going to throw up. anyways, I liked the movie. it was way too long, but all in all I thought the acting was good, the kid who played Jimmy Olson was funny, Lois was good, Clark was a loveable doofus and Lex was great. Pretty cool story line though the ending felt kinda weak.

this was my first Imax movie and it was damn cool. The effects and glasses make it kind of hard to focus so the images seem a bit blurry but my friend told me I just had a shitty pair of 3D glasses so maybe that is true. Definitely a cool experience and I'm stoked to check out more movies in Imax....Spiderman 2 would be flippin sweeeet in Imax!
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

I went and kind of sort of enjoyed it. The special effects were cool, but nothing ground breaking or amazing. I was not stoked on the plot. The big positive was Kevin Spacey.

The only reason to see it in theatre is the special effects, and I don't think they're worth $9.50. I paid $5.50 and probably wouldn't do it again (especially not with uncomfortable movie chairs).
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Go see it.
    Best Superman movie yet.
    Kevin Spacey steals the movie!
    Loved the new "Twist," should make for some interesting sequels!
    Special effects are better than you think. They are so seamless you are not aware you are watching an effect. Although some of the wire work was a bit rough, and one obvious scene of a CGI superman, it was the best effects I have seen this summer.
    Truly dissapointed in all the "homage" to the Reeves films, I was hoping for a more modern reinvention of the man of steel! It was like they were making Superman 4 or 5, hoping we wouldn't notice the new actors. I was hoping for an all together new movie.
    Margot Kidder = never hot, cmon really!? This Louis Lane is better.