Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

eat, chew, chew, chew, spit out.

Squatch Guest
    wow. what a retard

These are NOT people I want to boat with.
    Keep it off my wave...Soundgarden

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch
    wow. what retards
    fixed it for ya...

I lost track of the stupid mistakes these people made. Signals, nah! More fun to land on our friends! Have someone in the group actually know how to use a throw rope, why? Keep rescuers from endangering themselves, huh?

Basic skills and Rescue III for Xmas?

HOly shite! The weird thing is, I would figure that for that to be that retentive.....that was no good.

Yeh, the guy went for the full spin cycle.

The group seemed unprepared and under skilled.
    Keep it off my wave...Soundgarden

Hahahaha now that it's over and they all survived (but what about the 'rescuer who fell in at the very end???) I can laugh at those fucking jackasses.

"Hey Dwight, Vern is getting FUCKING DESTROYED in the hole, why don't you intentionally go in there, too?"

Nice. I love the dropping ontop of each other - that shit's just plain professional

Their other video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xolOzOFV5NI

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

Wow, what a bunch of douches. Hmmm....lets go boat a drop that strangely resembles the hydraulics of a low head dam, and then we'll go creeking on little pieces of foam. Morons.

At least the tunes where good.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

ummm wow.

Darwin to the rescue.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

tards

ok, I'll say it again

tards
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

all i can say is what the fuck were they thinking?!?!?
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

incredible video but jeez what a bunch of monday morning QBs you guys are.
    first off: hand signals are great but that drop was big enough that the upper river boaters probably couldnt see the down river guys
    second: safety isnt always set up to communicate upriver and it does look like they had safety set (guy roped in and upstream rescuer)
    thirdly: not every rescue goes as smoothly as in your classes
    finally: doesnt look anything like a lowhead damn and the hole appears to be smiling which generally means a kicker
    obviously they should practice with their ropes and learn when to use them

conclusion: those guys had safety set and made a valiant effort including acting quickly and used a multiple approach.....sometimes thats all you can ask for in fellow boaters.

then again throwing your paddle may not be the best move.....

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin
    then again throwing your paddle may not be the best move.....
    Dude, look at them standing on the lip. If you have the forethought to set up video, it should be pretty fucking easy to make sure no one drops in on top of somebody else.

Secondly, that hole is a CLASSIC low head dam style hydraulic.

Come on...admit it...which one is you?

incredible video but jeez what a bunch of monday morning QBs you guys are.
    first off: hand signals are great but that drop was big enough that the upper river boaters probably couldnt see the down river guys
    second: safety isnt always set up to communicate upriver and it does look like they had safety set (guy roped in and upstream rescuer)
    thirdly: not every rescue goes as smoothly as in your classes
    finally: doesnt look anything like a lowhead damn and the hole appears to be smiling which generally means a kicker
    obviously they should practice with their ropes and learn when to use them

conclusion: those guys had safety set and made a valiant effort including acting quickly and used a multiple approach.....sometimes thats all you can ask for in fellow boaters.
    Serious? Since it's Monday morning...

1-The upper guy should get the go ahead from the videographer before dropping, he can see both. He could even use hand signals.
    2-It should be. If not, maybe rethink it.
    3-Maybe the QB'ing didn't come from classes, maybe from practical use. Some of us are out running stuff and that is where the criticism is coming from.
    4-Dude, that hole is perpendicular accross the river and is a text-book low head. Downriver --> ( = smiley, lets you downriver out the edges. ) = frowny and you can get fuct. | = low head damn and you can also get fuct.

And yeah, they need some rope practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by edg
    Nice. I love the dropping ontop of each other - that shit's just plain professional

Their other video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xolOzOFV5NI

edg

river boarding is to kayaking as fruit booting is to skate boarding

alright i'll bite

1-He may have already been committed, peel in /peel out patterns, look at how quickly he follows, maybe the idea was to film airforce style dropping.
    2-you've never run something long or with big vert drops cause safety isn't always set for communication, more times than not its set for rescue not to give hand signals.
    3-so once the guy was getting worked: what would you have done? lets say you're a paddler in your boat down stream. ideally of course because once the SH*t hits the fan, everything changes. I've been everything from a lifeguard to a swift water rescue team member, by the book goes out the door half the time, you learn from your mistakes and mistakes of others, you train and use the techniques your taught but sometimes its adrenaline and instinct that means the difference. plus the class reference was in response to an above post.
    4-i still contend its smiling plus two large eddies on either side, and its a much nastier hydraulic than it first appears.
    I've seen much worse swims and much more helpless situations, i've also seen everyone in a party freeze, which none of these guys did. a good analogy: sloppy CPR is better than no effort, ask any paramedic....

Game ON!!

1-He may have already been committed,

2-you've never run something long or with big vert drops cause safety isn't

3-so once the guy was getting worked: what would you have done?

4-i still contend its smiling plus two large eddies on either side,
    1) For fucks sake, if there is someone shooting video, you can do hand signals. They aren't that complicated. You got the stick your arm out stop and the tap your head go. It's pool drop, there is a huge eddy at the lip. They were NOT blue angeling that shit, either.

2) Whatever. Remind me not to boat with you.

3) Learn to use a rope...but it probably wouldn't have helped this guy. What I WOULDN"T have done is let somebody drop in on the guy.

4) Your water reading skills obviously suck.

1- the guy shooting vid is quite a ways from the river. two guys on the river right bank are in street clothes so you can't assume they are safety. one roped in guy half way down the drop...he is below being seen by anyone above. so who's doing hand signals?
    2- you don't have an educated response?....exactly
    3- so your saying that you wouldn't have done anything? nice, glad to know you have your pussy fully intact
    4- can you count to two? yes two large eddies. do you know the difference between convex and concave? the only additional water reading skills i need is the ability to read the wetness running through your mom's panties when i walk in the room........

Wow, I wonder if I would have drowned after getting recirced that long.

One thing is for certain- that pourover is extremely flat with a tight seam, maybe even frowning slightly- but it sure as hell aint smiling..

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    river boarding is to kayaking as fruit booting is to skate boarding
    No, open canoeing would be the equivalent of fruit booting... riverboarding would be the equivalent of extreme walking.

4- can you count to two? yes two large eddies. do you know the difference between convex and concave?
    Keep proving your wrongness. It's hilarious.

Two calm eddies right next to a tall drop usually mean "BAD HOLE" with a super flat recirculation. Turbulence is a GOOD sign, not a bad one. And, as far as I can tell, that drop is neither convex nor concave. It is flat, and it is CLEARLY not flushing. Just ask the fucking doorknob who got worked in there for over 2 minutes.

Or, keep believing it was totally benign and people get worked in there for no reason.

back with the monday morning QB......

you're right its not flushing, i never said it was......i said it doesn't look as nasty as it turned out to be.
    How many sets of 'two calm eddies right next to a tall drop' where it doesn't mean a "BAD HOLE" would you like me to show you pics of? seriously 5? 10?

some of the best boaters in the world have died in rivers over the last few years......would you like to monday morning their decisions too? I keep forgeting how the experts always come out of the wood work after its over.

these guys in the vid made the decision to run it, set up safety and.....they also made the split decisions on how to attempt a rescue.....a few of the guys got worked in the process....guess what? kayaking isn't the safest of sports when the limits are being pushed......sorry to end your day dream......

-aaron

p.s. i probably would have done things differently then they did. then again i don't know the experience level or group dynamics of their posse....so i chose not to bash............