Anyone know how to contact this filmmaker?

A few years back, I saw a short (6 minute) film called "Falling". For some reason, the music stuck in my head.

I believe it was filmed in 2003 (I saw it on the 2004 Banff Film tour) by John Armstrong.

I've contacted the Banff Mountain Center to see if they had contact info (no luck due to Alberata's privacy laws).

I've also done a number of web searches, but I haven't found anything conclusive.

Does anyone know John Armstrong, know a way to get in touch with him, or have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

I also saw it at the Banff, as well as at a local paddling film festival. Sweet film -- it definitely stands out in my mind, from those first droplets of water all the way through the huge drops at that waterfall series (in Mexico?). The music was awesome. I think I recall trying to figure out what it was a while back... I'll think about it tonight to see if I can remember more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti
    I also saw it at the Banff, as well as at a local paddling film festival. Sweet film -- it definitely stands out in my mind, from those first droplets of water all the way through the huge drops at that waterfall series (in Mexico?). The music was awesome. I think I recall trying to figure out what it was a while back... I'll think about it tonight to see if I can remember more.
    Awesome!
    I remember it as a simple piano melody, but it just fit soooo well.

Love to see the film again, but I also think the music would conjure up the images in my mind.

The editing was fantastic to coordinate every drop with the music.

Thanks, Yeti!!

http://www.greatoutdoors.com/publish...icelandonedge/
    looks like he went along to film e-mail or PM mr mclean on ttips (ATApostle) or you may know the jackson resident...
    Elvis has left the building

Wow! Cool... I don't know Griber personally but maybe will run into him this weekend.

I think I still have A.Mc's email from a while back...he was very generous in helping me prepare for some skiing routes (a good friend worked with him @ BD).

Thanks much!

Just got a *strong* lead from Andrew... I've written the filmmaker.

I'll post back when I hear back (*fingers crossed*).

Thanks for all the help so far.

The filmmaker responded to my email -- he actually got the music off an unlabeled sampler so was not able to license it for commercial use...and apparently new music was added when the film was licensed by a company. (Too bad -- that music was amazing and was so tight with the editing/footage.)

I think he's going to send me a DVD. Will post more as soon as I have more info.