Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48
Results 1,176 to 1,187 of 1187
    I appreciate your writing, -J -

there ought to be a market for it
    ( Barnes & Noble has as many magazines as ever.
    Powder still has a website - though I doubt they pay for prose, except for staff or longstanding contributors ) --

You know I respect your workmanship.

... I know it's a hard year.
    nothing wrong with spending a night sitting by a fire...

peace, my friend. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 05-06-2022 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Well written. Sorry about your friend. Bridger person?
    Thanks. https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...cc1abb738.html

One of the last things he said to me in person was "Did you ever imagine some day we would be wiping shit out of tiny vaginas?" (We both were new dads with newborn daughters.)

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Sorry I missed all that last night. Tell me you weren't up all night J.

I read a thing once, the person was somewhere gritty in New York, the El overhead, vacant lots and heavy traffic and weeds and trash and broken glass, and a pack of dogs came running by. They ran right through traffic, and one of them got pegged by a car and went flying and spun off and slid to a crumpled landing, heaved a last breath and died.

The person expected the other dogs to stop, to circle back and check on their buddy, maybe try to help somehow, but they just kept running like they didn't even notice and disappeared off into the distance, running and yapping and barking. He thought they'd care, and maybe they did, but they were busy running and looking for something to eat or fuck or fight, so they just kept going.

That's just how it is.
    I get it and it's a great analogy and mostly it's true but plenty of us here hate the pack mentality. So fuck those people. Human labradors.

3 hour layover in Denver. Fuck is this airport busy today. Feels like it needs another 40 gates. Caught a nice buzz for the Celtics game on the final flight.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I read a thing once, the person was somewhere gritty in New York, the El overhead, vacant lots and heavy traffic and weeds and trash and broken glass, and a pack of dogs came running by. They ran right through traffic, and one of them got pegged by a car and went flying and spun off and slid to a crumpled landing, heaved a last breath and died.

The person expected the other dogs to stop, to circle back and check on their buddy, maybe try to help somehow, but they just kept running like they didn't even notice and disappeared off into the distance, running and yapping and barking. He thought they'd care, and maybe they did, but they were busy running and looking for something to eat or fuck or fight, so they just kept going.

That's just how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Sums up life, no?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It does often seem like that to me.
    Yep.

Many moons ago, I was working super hard at a job that felt super important, where shit was undergoing massive change that we were trying to navigate in the best way possible for our clients. Eventually I burned out and struggled with whether and how to quit. Gave them 6 weeks notice (won't make that mistake again). And the Director immediately started treating me like shit, and pulled me out of the meetings that were trying to navigate the change. I was furious, because I was trying to give it my all. But an older wiser coworker told me that no matter what we're dealing with, we're all like a hand submerged in a pond. When you pull the hand out, there are momentary ripples, and in that little vicinity those ripples may seem big. But the ripples stop, the pond is still there, and the pond no longer remembers the hand. That was 25 years ago and I still remember the lesson.

/cool story bro
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Get Drunk, Post as much as you Can

That's just how it is.
    I saw a deer hit by a car in Swan Valley a couple of weeks ago.
    Then I saw his deer buddy about 1/8 mile up the road freaking out. Ears up, tail up, clearly fucking distraught.

I love dogs but also there’s a reason that there are so many ye olde analogies about them being, well, dogs
    skid luxury

30 yrs ago, why didn’t we use the term “Blockbuster and chill” I mean it was the same concept then as it is now except then you had to make a run for Chinese takeout, pick up your “chill”, swing by blockbuster, and then head home to consummate the evening. Hey girl, Let’s blockbuster and chill?!?

Been in this fog damn state for 25 fuggin years. Dannnnns and beers and higggggghhhhh. Mfrain bitch

fkn boston
    work and h]then hotles bar(s)

people fdon t pso here enough
    pansy ass mutherfukkers

harumph

Quote Originally Posted by present tense View Post
    30 yrs ago, why didn’t we use the term “Blockbuster and chill” I mean it was the same concept then as it is now except then you had to make a run for Chinese takeout, pick up your “chill”, swing by blockbuster, and then head home to consummate the evening. Hey girl, Let’s blockbuster and chill?!?
    fk blockuster, pricess bride on a vhs copy and a blankeet was gold

Stay away from park benches.

Back from the new years eve party. Don’t get that drunk, that often but it was free booze njght. My band playeed. So anyway, I’m relatively drunk. And the buddie’s champagne. There’s that. After drunk dog walk and drunk firewood gather, and drunk wood stove fill, what’s left but Aberlour A’bunadh. It’s in th house after all.
    Pause to drink. Twice.
    Well a fuck of a year it’s been. So maybe two. Or three. First god damned new years eve party I’ve been to in a fucking coons age that’s true.
    It feels like this is the end. That 3 year stint where much sucked. Like fun with strangers, and social interactions and being a pack animal. Tonight was nice. Hugging old buddies, dancing it up. I think we’re back man. I think we’re back.
    So drunken ranting shit must happen at some point yes!! OK how about… pauses to drink again to help the post…

Are we done yet? Are we done being stupid people? Can we now start thinking about our fellow man more? Can we start forgetting about party lines? We danced tonight and sang out loud the songs we all knew. It felt like the old times. Too bad, but also good because that means the good old days are back. No?
    Aberlour. Good shit. Yeah, we’re all privileged as fuck to participate in the sport/life we do. But we know that. I hope as we roll into a “nothing” year (no decade, millennium, century) that there can be a great humanistic resurgence. Can we agree that freedom of religion means freedom from religion?

Yep, maybe 2023 is the sleeper year. The great enlightenment part Deux. This is the moment when we realize that there is no santa. No winged dude that can save us. Orange haired shit gibbons exist but their bullshit does not. It evaporates into the ether and is gone. But for the molecules of rancid shit that remain in the brains of the fuckwit supplicants..?

Yeah, come on. It’s got to be over soon. This new years eve party proved it. The idiots cannot overcome us. A mad man cannot succeed in taking over parts of a country. He can’t right? We danced tonight, we drank. The world is ok.. Hey? Democracy is ok isn’t it?

Can stupid dipshits and shysters overcome us? I say no! They can’t because we are now dancing again. We’re playing music and drinking free booze and Aberlour… pause…
    I say the great re-awakening is now. Yep, New Years Eve 2023. We can go out again. We can interact and talk to folks. Talk about shit and perhaps (for a change) talk about what we have experienced, as opposed to what we've seen on FB. Talked about shit we’ve experienced as opposed to what we’ve “heard”. What someone said they “read”. Fuck, oh dear can we please, please in 20fucking23 start fucking investigating our sources of fucking “information”.

You know, if you’re in a room with 100 other people and you think that there are 99 fucking idiots in the room that maybe, just fucking maybe, you are the fucking idiot. In fact if perhaps 70 other people think you’re a fucking idiot, could you read some shit from an actual reputable news source? Please?
    OK. I’m forced to have a smoke break now as I am much too coherent…
    Better now. One more Aberlour should certainly do the trick. Yep. Upper body is now rocking mostly uncontrollably.
    Kay. Lastly, thanks you bitches for the cool weird world community of folks who ski and realize that skiing is life. I’ve said it before and don’t mind saying it again – you.. ugys have shown me your goods, welcomed me into your homes and introduced me to your families and I have no greater pleasure than to reciprocate. Ski on you wankers.
    He pauses to take a very large sip… I’m done. G’night ya’ll.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Beautiful
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid