Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1187
    Woah.

Welcome back BD4A, is Jer or Tedski with you by chance?
    I still call it The Jake.

Holy shit, the bean dogge chick lives.

She probably went vegan, lost 100 pounds, and became a fundamentalist christian cat woman, but still has a fetish for taking it up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Woah.

Welcome back BD4A, is Jer or Tedski with you by chance?
    No but I did drunk dial Viva last night and we had a nice chat! I was questioning him about running with Donkeys and tried to convince him to get a pair of donkeys. Been reading this book about ultra running in Leadville with pack mules, it's pretty good and sounds like a blast.

I know that gurl

heey gurl

shouldnt you be armpit deep in NorCal pow right now?

BUncha miss annecthrow pic mother fuvjrrs an miss ogyny as well. Why cntcha just beca normal human been fvkers

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    BUncha miss annecthrow pic mother fuvjrrs an miss ogyny as well. Why cntcha just beca normal human been fvkers
    You are kinda old. This is going to hurt.

Get Drunk, Post as much as you Can

I think I just have to give credit here for how the users manual for this modern sextant explained this much shit in like what 20 pages about navigation and the definition of a nautical mile. Nowhere to post this but here for reasons that at 4 am mst don’t need explaining.

https://www.davisinstruments.com/pro...0_IM_00025.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I look at the oven saying 3:30 and I’m like why did I say “4” in that post? It’s not even 4 yet.

Oh but I’d looked at the phone, the cable box, the computer, even the goddamnit Sony basic ass alarm clock, all confirming time change it’s past 4 but for one second I’m like “oooooh?????” “No.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I wallow in guilt for fucking around being unproductive.

If I was my own friend, I don’t know if I would tell myself to give me a break and relax, or if I’d go drill Sargent and kick my ass into gear.

Uncertainty, mixed feelings, conflicting loyalties, lack of focus... they stalk me like a pack of Coyotes.

I can see how the winners in this world picked something and attacked it with singleminded determination and focus. But me... one day I want to shape surfboards, the next day I want to build motorcycles, the next day it’s skiing.

I can’t tell where it all goes. I’m 100% unprepared for the life tracks accessible to me. I feel like a boxer who knows he can’t beat the other guy, standing there being introduced, wondering just how bad the beating is going to be.

Sadly I am not drunk, but I do feel like I know how to use a sextant now.
    In with the 9.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Sex tent

I know how to use one
    Well that puts a new twist on “cabin boy”
    . . .

I don't day drink often, but when I do I go balls deep. Have a fun evening kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

First work trip in 14 months…
    Naperville IL - stacking gimlets with bourbon sampler chasers. Not an ideal mix , but I want to keep pace with the crew .
    FKNA - good times

I think I can still type.

In aspen extreme, the movie starts with TJ being taken into the office at his Michigan job. You don't know why, but then shortly you learn that he has been offered a promotion at work, and it's pushed him to a decision point where he has to decide this isnt' what he wants, and he is forced, forced to escape to go be the skier he is.

Now, after leaving high school as a ski racer...I had this shirt that a guy had brought back here from Crested Butte, the US Extreme Skiing Championships shirt, there was a recruitment in my town for Crested Butte Mountain Resort, and I did the interview and got the job and moved. And I did this big arc of ski shops and ski towns and wildland fire, and it all crashed and burned and my life teetered on the edge of homelessness and suicide and I ended up back in MIchigan. Marriage, "career", home.

Now, after 8 years of this awful job full of scumbags, and struggling and injuries and CTE.....one of the few people at that place who was there when I started is retiring. We talked today, a load is off her shoulders. She's going to smoke weed on the front entrance of the place tomorrow as she ends her last shift. I am so jealous. And her spot in the union is empty, her treasurer spot. I am the only one with the training, but the training, taken years ago in Flint during the water crisis, just showed me what we're doing is not up to spec, and when your accounting in your union isn't up to spec, somebody could go to jail. So I got the fuck out. years ago, I bailed.

Today this union president who is a schemer and working with management and I don't trust, asked me to step in and help.

Then, my god damn moped had a flat tire leaving work, so I used my spare tube I carry, and rode toward the place to get another tube. Along the highway, there's my surfing buddy I haven't talked to in ages because my shoulders are fucked and I can't surf. he's looking for all his credit cards because his wallet was left on the bumper of his truck and blew all over the highway. So I walk with him on the shoulder for a bit, but there's a sheriff watching us, and it's the same fucking deputy sheriff who screwed me over in 2019, and his daughter is just this week arrested for some kind of meth or something, so I know he's probably all bent out of shape, so I take off instead of helping my buddy look for his stuff.

I ride toward home, through heinous construction, and tourist traffic. My little hometown, now a fucking tourist shitshow. And I stop at the grocery and get a wine. And I stop at the laundrymat thats now a bar and get a white russian and a bloody mary. And I stop at the vacant railroad building that's now a microbrewery next to my house and get a stupid fancy ass micro brew because they don't have normal beer. And I fidget and wander around, and there's a million people there, and one old face looks familiar. It's a guy I raced with back in the day. He was fast. He moved to Tahoe and back. He was coaching when I moved back here 9 years ago and then he said his knees were just too fucked to even be on skis a little bit, and he disappeared.

He's roofing, but can't get anybody to work for him. I try to get him to ride my motorized Schwinn, he's too drunk, so am I. I ask what he's doing for fun these days, he says he was just taking about that with his counselor and it's nothign. No fun. I ttry to tell him we need fun, we need to be zooming around, we're racers. He knows. We're both too drunk.

And I came home, and tried to lay in the yard, but the mosquitoes are just stupid. Fuck this place.

And as I layed there I thought, I should just call this union lady and tell her everything, and see if we can somehow work together. I'm not the fucking boogeyman, and maybe she's not either. I'ts some kind of silver or lead thing, where I have to get on the right side of this or I'm fucked, I think.

Part of me says just find another job where I can smoke weed.

thiat's all I have. I don't know. I'm upset, and confused, and I feel so old and dumb. I don't know how to unwind all this. Life is so hard.

Quality poast.

I srsly think that J has the makings of the Next Great American Novel somewhere in his voluminous brain...

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I don't know how to unwind all this.
    Writing it down here like you do has to help unwind it a bit?

I feel so old and dumb
    I want this bumper sticker on my car

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    I srsly think that J has the makings of the Next Great American Novel somewhere in his voluminous brain...
    x2
    swing your fucking sword.

Just listen to the voice inside. It’s generally the one telling you what you would least like to do.

Call her.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Just listen to the voice inside. It’s generally the one telling you what you would least like to do.
    The drunk voice or the sober voice?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    The drunk voice or the sober voice?
    .Name:  BB19ZLNI.jpeg
Views: 272
Size:  26.9 KB

What to say.

One friend today has a biological dad and the dad who raised him both likely to die of covid at the same time…looking at next week.

A a coworker was on the phone with his friend last night, his friend was on a road trip, driving and talking, pulling into a hotel in Alabama, when he said “uh oh” and then it was just chaos on the phone. Coworker stays on listening as sirens arrive, talks to firefighters and then emt and then nurses…his buddy was in a heinous wreck, staggered like 100 feet from the wreckage and passed out. Coworker stayed on the phone listening to all this for 3 hours last night. He may die. He’s like 1500 miles from home.

I was the only one in my bar next door tonight, and the awful people who called the cops on me and lied about supposed “trespassing” (I was standing in my public street) walked in. I gulped my whole beer and left out the back.
    It’s the “right thing to do”, leaving them alone, taking their shit, letting them win…. but I hate the way things are here and now. In Taos, in the day, it would’ve been them leaving and me staying. It’s a Karen’s world. Karen and her legion of bored cops and her phone with 9-1 already dialed. She’s the new boss I guess.

So here I am instead, talking to you.