Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Only thing good about going into Denver is the music scene and major league sports if that is your thing. The ethnic food was good but personally Aurora is best for that. Any other good eatery or brewery is filled to capacity with hipsters or whatever your standard white bread dipshit is called these days.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Ok a little on the softer side but anyone like Ten Foot Pole or Millencolin ? They both still tour which amazes me. Ten Foot Pole is playing in Denver next week and considered going. Used to like their style.
    I think you mean in a few weeks, May 29 at Streets of London. I've never really listened to Ten Foot Pole but I'd be game to go, I need some live music.
    One of the openers, The New Narrative, is a local band and pretty good. They pulled all their old demos off Spotify and Bandcamp because they're about to release an actual album.

It is as if Adrenelated is my little brother and stole my record collection. Nothing wrong with NOFX but then never really did it for me. But music is for listen to not talking about.

I grew up in the lilly white world of jamb bands and classic rock but punk it the sound track to my life. Social D, Fugazi (Minor Threat), Bad Religion, Operation Ivy (Rancid), Suicidal Tendencies, Sex Pistols...thats the shit coming out of the boom box in my room in high school while my parents sat down stair scared wondering what was wrong with me. 25+ years later and shit ain't changed.

My top 5 has to be

Nofx, Rancid, Op Ivy, Fugazi, Minor Threat

I’m not really sure of the order.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    thats the shit coming out of the boom box in my room in high school
    Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    My top 5 has to be
    Today, my top five are definitely: Rancid, NOFX, Misfits, Vandals, Social D, and Dead Kennedys. Tomorrow, my top five will certainly be: Descendents, Social D, Dropkick, Op Ivy, and Sick of it All. The day after tomorrow, some mix of the above mentioned.
    Holy shit. I didn't know that about William S. Burroughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Any Bad Brains fans in here? Cut my teeth with them in DC at 16 then in Richmond all through college.
    We felt they were less punk than hardcore.

Saw them at The Howard theater in 2012, band was amazing, HR not so much.

Still rock them out, while skiing, on the minidisc player. yeah I said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Any Bad Brains fans in here? Cut my teeth with them in DC at 16 then in Richmond all through college.
    We felt they were less punk than hardcore.

Saw them at The Howard theater in 2012, band was amazing, HR not so much.

Still rock them out, while skiing, on the minidisc player. yeah I said that.
    Charlie Brown and gang were big fans of Bad Brains
    https://youtu.be/HXmCqHS7St4

Watching the punk docu-series on EPIX today. Pretty damn cool watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    Charlie Brown and gang were big fans of Bad Brains
    https://youtu.be/HXmCqHS7St4
    Yup, that's pretty much how it looked down at the Pyramid in Richmond ca. 1985. A bunch of suburban punks from DC to Charlotte moshing and thrashing with a bunch of natty dread rastas drinking Bass ales during the slow songs.
    Pay to Cum is the song.

Great video. Bad Brains were on the boom box at many skate sessions back in the day. Won't quite make my top 5 list though.

If I look at bands I still listen to on a regular basis I'd say The Clash, Husker Du, Replacements, Descendents, and the Buzzcocks.

Back in the 80's the list would have been Descendents, Misfits, Dead Kennedys, JFA, and Minor Threat.

Sex Pistols changed my life. Still remember the moment a buddy handed me the Never Mind cassette in 81. No idea how he got it but he didn't like it. Opened up a whole new world for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

My first concert was Gary Numan with Nash the Slash. I listened to a fair amount of Jim Carroll Band in college early 80s. Ramones, Clash, RATM, Suicidal Tendencies, New York Dolls, DKs are all in my regular play list MP3 player. I listen to some of everything though, not just punk. RnB, hair metal, classic rock, even a little old school country and 90s rap gets some space on the hard drive.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Just found this song and have been absolutely cranking it on repeat the past few days!

Hail fred sonic and scott asheton!

GG: I am sure you know this, since, it seems our musical tastes are identical. But check out New Race. Super group featuring Radio Birdman members: (Younger, Tek, Masuak) Stooges: (Ron Asheton) MC5: (Dennis Thompson). Still kills!!!! Here is a vid of them doing a Destroy All Monsters song.

And another thing: Have you ever noticed that Fred Sonic Smith (was married to Patti Smith) looks a lot like David St. Hubbins from Spinal Tap? Coincidence? I think not...
    https://alchetron.com/cdn/david-st-h...esize-750.jpeg
    Name:  david-st-hubbins-8ff7a56e-0d2d-4694-b51f-5a1e84e6378-resize-750.jpeg
Views: 506
Size:  21.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    GG: I am sure you know this, since, it seems our musical tastes are identical. But check out New Race. Super group featuring Radio Birdman members: (Younger, Tek, Masuak) Stooges: (Ron Asheton) MC5: (Dennis Thompson).
    There's two great series of comps covering 60's pre-Birdmen garage and post Birdmen punk, "Before Birdmen Flew" and "Where Birdmen Flew". Australia had a lot​ of great bands.

Quote Originally Posted by mcb556 View Post
    There's two great series of comps covering 60's pre-Birdmen garage and post Birdmen punk, "Before Birdmen Flew" and "Where Birdmen Flew". Australia had a lot​ of great bands.
    Amen. And don’t forget “nuggets down under” 60’s punk artyfacts from OZ. 70-80’s and early 90s punk rock is the shit. Thats what you get when you make an island a prisoner colony for 100s of years

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post
    Just found this song
    5:20 long?! In the Punk Music Is Good thread? What is this, "From the Cradle to the Grave"?
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Almost 20 pages and no mention of The Dead Milkmen... for when you're stoned want your punk rock making fun of everything and anything, including itself. Tiny Town was our anthem for breaking out of our little logging town in western Maine.

Love “Dean’s Dream” and ”Bitchin’ Camaro” in particular

I've mentioned the DMM in every post I've made.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Almost 20 pages and no mention of The Dead Milkmen... for when you're stoned want your punk rock making fun of everything and anything, including itself. Tiny Town was our anthem for breaking out of our little logging town in western Maine.

I'm sure I'm way behind the curve on this one, but I just watched a documentary on the Nest on youtube. Sorry if it's been shared before:

Punk/ska maybe, but this just came on the radio and I hadn't heard it in over 20 years soooo....