Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Hope everyone had a great first day of Misfits Appreciation Month.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

So I noticed this past weekend our Slingtv had Showtime for free. Looking though on demand I found this. Brought back a lot of memories of that 80s hardcore scene. Great to see Vinnie still keeping it real. I always wonder if I've sold out by working for the man but I'm doing what I want to do and I'm doing it how I want. I'm getting paid to question authority. Still living the core values, at least I'd like to think so.

Last edited by Flounder; 10-06-2020 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Trying to figure out what changed on linking YouTube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Vinnie still keeping it real
    Bad ass video. Thanks.
    sold out
    There are no punks over the age of 25. You either sell out, go to jail, or die. I dunno what happens to 'core kids though.
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    There are no punks over the age of 25. You either sell out, go to jail, or die. I dunno what happens to 'core kids though.
    Ha. Probably true. Although I like the "old Punks don't die, we just stand in the back" attitude. Stood on the edge of the pit a couple years ago during the descendents, figured I'd break a hip if I dove in. Far cry from last time I saw them with Dag Nasty. That pit was fun. Best part was the beat down on a couple of nazi Punks that showed up. And yes, I was still under 25 then.

couple years ago during the descendents
    I probably saw them on that same tour. One of my all-time favorite bands. They were pretty fucking kick ass for a bunch of dudes in their 50s. My brother and I didn't go in the pit either.

You watched Green Room yet?

You watched Green Room yet?
    No I haven't. Had to Google it. I give it a viewing when I get a chance. Have to see how it compares with the classics like Suburbia, Repoman, and Decline of Western Civilization.

And since it's still Misfits month....

Joey Shithead of DOA is 64
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

If you haven't discovered it yet, the podcast "No Dogs In Space" is awesome. Great history and commentary about the greats of punk rock: Stooges, Ramones, Misfits, DK etc.... thank me later....

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    If you haven't discovered it yet, the podcast "No Dogs In Space" is awesome. Great history and commentary about the greats of punk rock: Stooges, Ramones, Misfits, DK etc.... thank me later....
    Just looked it up. I know what I'm listening to at work tomorrow. Thanks.

I'd like to thank you now even if its mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I'd like to thank you now even if its mediocre.

I like No Dogs in Space, but I'm biased as I like Marcus from Last Podcast and I think No Dogs is a much better fit for Carolina than Movie Sign. She has a tendency to ramble with her stories, but I think she's pretty funny.

This is an appropriate place to start for Misfitober
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Joey Shithead of DOA is 64
    Mr. Shithead hasn't been punk for at least 39 years.
    "No Dogs In Space"
    I've been looking for something like this for years. Thank you thank you thank you.
    give it a viewing
    Let me know what you think. I dug it and think it would make a fantastic double-feature with Return of the Living Dead for Misfitober (fantastic work bagtagley).

Mr. Shithead hasn't been punk for at least 39 years.]
    https://www.vanmag.com/joey-shithead-forever-punk

he is still doing gigs, still out there raising shit, he actualy looks the same as he did 50 yrs ago in junior hs

talk - action = zero
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-24-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I like No Dogs in Space, but I'm biased as I like Marcus from Last Podcast and I think No Dogs is a much better fit for Carolina than Movie Sign. She has a tendency to ramble with her stories, but I think she's pretty funny.

This is an appropriate place to start for Misfitober
    Yep, I’ve not ever been a podcast guy. But, those two just feel like friends in my living room, they are very personable and fun. I get a little cringey when they say that Dookie was their first punk rock album. But they have more than made up for that in their discoveries.

Also, I have never really “got” Suicide, but I was totally into those episodes and have found a lot of respect for Vega and Rev.

Also, I have never really “got” Suicide, but I was totally into those episodes and have found a lot of respect for Vega and Rev.
    maybe you haven't done the frankie teardrop challenge(it involves headphones and a dark room)

Dookie was their first punk rock album
    There are much worse places to start from.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    50 yrs ago
    I think there's a distinction between "Being in a Punk Band" and "Being Punk". Punk rock is music for punks. Lots of folks are in legitimate, rad-as-hell punk bands without being punks. Just like there are lots of punks who aren't in a band. One doesn't necessitate the other. Arguably, being punk is antithetical to musicality, even in the deliberately primitive and insular realm of punk rock. And that's by no means an insult; I think it's far preferable and superior to be in a punk band than to be a punk.

My contention is: if you're an anarcho-punk, you can earnestly engage in smashing the state or destroy society for only so long before you're incarcerated or killed. If you're a no-future punk, you only have so many years of living fast before you die young, or are arrested. Whenever a particular feat earns an adulation of "that's punk", it is invariably a destructive, and ultimately self-destructive, activity. Inevitably, actions of this nature aren't conducive to longevity.

You axiomatically must sellout in order to see your 30s. Joey Shithead is no longer a punk. Blag Dahlia is no longer a punk. Jello Biafra is no longer a punk. And you can tell them some dipshit Texan who never even was punk said so. I respect them all immensely.

And don't give me that "punk is about being yourself" or "punk is really about making the world a better place" horseshit. That's some wussy, PC, posi-core drivel concocted by posers to make themselves feel better about being too chickenshit to be as punk as they claim to be. Worse yet, it's so nebulous and indistinct that nearly anything or anyone could be contorted into fitting that "definition".

can I get a copy of your punk rawk rule book?

nice song!

I like the OP's song and the punk in Spanish I like it a lot too

No Dogs now covering Joy Division

https://open.spotify.com/episode/18x...S4GprASfA_4BaA

Their DK series was maybe a little long, but was really good.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

There are much worse places to start from.

I think there's a distinction between "Being in a Punk Band" and "Being Punk". Punk rock is music for punks. Lots of folks are in legitimate, rad-as-hell punk bands without being punks. Just like there are lots of punks who aren't in a band. One doesn't necessitate the other. Arguably, being punk is antithetical to musicality, even in the deliberately primitive and insular realm of punk rock. And that's by no means an insult; I think it's far preferable and superior to be in a punk band than to be a punk.

My contention is: if you're an anarcho-punk, you can earnestly engage in smashing the state or destroy society for only so long before you're incarcerated or killed. If you're a no-future punk, you only have so many years of living fast before you die young, or are arrested. Whenever a particular feat earns an adulation of "that's punk", it is invariably a destructive, and ultimately self-destructive, activity. Inevitably, actions of this nature aren't conducive to longevity.

You axiomatically must sellout in order to see your 30s. Joey Shithead is no longer a punk. Blag Dahlia is no longer a punk. Jello Biafra is no longer a punk. And you can tell them some dipshit Texan who never even was punk said so. I respect them all immensely.

And don't give me that "punk is about being yourself" or "punk is really about making the world a better place" horseshit. That's some wussy, PC, posi-core drivel concocted by posers to make themselves feel better about being too chickenshit to be as punk as they claim to be. Worse yet, it's so nebulous and indistinct that nearly anything or anyone could be contorted into fitting that "definition".
    I was never a punk. But just getting into my 50’s and I still find myself loving to listen to a lot of it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006928DE-D7E4-4074-91EC-FD65DEA02548.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	696.9 KB 
ID:	346554

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    can I get a copy of your punk rawk rule book?
    I dunno that a book is really necessary, one paragraph-long post on an outdoor-entusiast message board sums up the current state of the research quite nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Their DK series was maybe a little long, but was really good.
    You say "a little long", I say "gimme more".
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    just getting into my 50’s and I still find myself loving to listen to a lot of it.
    Hell yeah. No reason to stop now.

Bad ass shirt, by the way.

On this date

Name:  srrvv8hzqmz21.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  65.9 KB

Minutemen were also on the bill. I was there with the girlfriend, when we split all the front windows and doors were broken out and a line of riot police were advancing on Sunset under a hail of beer bottles. I grabbed her and we took off up Argyle into the night.