Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Weird to see GG NOT naked and covered in feces. So young and innocent

Popped up recently. I can't wait to be back East for a few weeks this spring and catch some punk shows.

Good shit!

^not really into the hardcore stuff as much but can't miss the void shirt reference!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Does post-punk count...?

Why not???

Saw the cuts play awhile back still some good music coming outta NYC!

a few other good bands to see:

Unrelated/related but pretty bummed I missed the dickies play in Portland a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    Weird to see GG NOT naked and covered in feces. So young and innocent
    He was actually pretty good in the Jabbers days!

this was on MTV believe it or not:

GG might be dead but you can still see Dino stick drumsticks up his ass! At least once you get past their shitty singer. who knows if anyone is still alive this was 5yrs ago

Fast forward to the end

Punk Music Is Good

Not sure about the whole story but Wayne Kramer from the MC5, Dennis Thompson (MC5), David Peel (The Lower East Side), and Cheetah Chrome (The Dead Boys) used to play with the Jabbers a little. AND, I didn't recognize Dino, I guess 30 years of playing in the Murder Junkies will take its toll. He plays naked because of "chafing." I would rather see the Minor Cuts drummer naked on stage....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1088.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	622.5 KB 
ID:	232404
    Last edited by Kootenai; 04-16-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    Not sure about the whole story but Wayne Kramer from the MC5, Dennis Thompson (MC5), David Peel (The Lower East Side), and Cheetah Chrome (The Dead Boys) used to play with the Jabbers a little. AND, I didn't recognize Dino, I guess 30 years of playing in the Murder Junkies will take its toll. He plays naked because of "chafing." I would rather see the Minor Cuts drummer naked on stage....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1088.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	622.5 KB 
ID:	232404
    Yea she's hot as hell and has a grad degree in like swedish drumming or something. Actually very talented. I saw em play a few times once they lost the half head shaved female singer. They had a bass player so strung out on shit he kept pulling the plug out of his guitar and then screaming at it why it wouldn't play. No idea what happened to him maybe he's dead now??

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post
    Yea she's hot as hell and has a grad degree in like swedish drumming or something. Actually very talented. I saw em play a few times once they lost the half head shaved female singer. They had a bass player so strung out on shit he kept pulling the plug out of his guitar and then screaming at it why it wouldn't play. No idea what happened to him maybe he's dead now??
    https://www.facebook.com/CutsNYC/

More hardcore. Bay Area past and present.

Received this repress from France today. Pretty crazy what original presses from 10 years ago are going for these days. Bummer those bands didn't get the recognition at the time and a shame the inflated prices aren't going towards supporting the labels that went broke to originally release the music. FFO downtempo-Euro-post-hardcore. Never thought I would post those words on TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    More hardcore. Bay Area past and present.

Received this repress from France today. Pretty crazy what original presses from 10 years ago are going for these days. Bummer those bands didn't get the recognition at the time and a shame the inflated prices aren't going towards supporting the labels that went broke to originally release the music. FFO downtempo-Euro-post-hardcore. Never thought I would post those words on TGR.

Speaking of France.....

this one lasts from the Alpental exit to lot 4.

Then there's Mary Bell

Punk is dead. NOFX pisses off tons of people and then apologizes!

80s/90s Fat Mike would kick todays Fat Mike's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Punk is dead. NOFX pisses off tons of people and then apologizes!

80s/90s Fat Mike would kick todays Fat Mike's ass.
    Even more pathetic were others sitting around a hippy circle commenting on it...

Just watched the Pentagram documentary with Bobby from a few years ago. It's floating around on Youtube somewhere. Pretty interesting and somewhat worth the time if you don't mind watching someone fucked up out of his mind for most of the documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post
    Just watched the Pentagram documentary with Bobby from a few years ago. It's floating around on Youtube somewhere. Pretty interesting and somewhat worth the time if you don't mind watching someone fucked up out of his mind for most of the documentary.
    Pentagram is punk?

I saw them a few years ago. Didn't know much about them other than the cult status in doom metal. Proto doom would call them. Bobby was weird af, but looked much better than in that documentary. I guess haillie and having kid sorted him out. But just read he's now in prison for 18months for domestic violence. Sad.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

30 years old and still crushes. 13 minutes of HC perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    30 years old and still crushes. 13 minutes of HC perfection.

Awesome song and album cover

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Pentagram is punk?

I saw them a few years ago. Didn't know much about them other than the cult status in doom metal. Proto doom would call them. Bobby was weird af, but looked much better than in that documentary. I guess haillie and having kid sorted him out. But just read he's now in prison for 18months for domestic violence. Sad.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Yeah apparently beat up his mom...assuming over drugs/money.

And why not? I mean their earlier stuff in the early mid 70s fills the gap between Black Sabbath and more hardcore in the 80s plus they played with a lot of the 'punk' bands of that era. And like everyone else, influenced by the stooges, etc. Seems hard to label them...when really it's really damn good rock n roll!

This song has been playing around in my head for a few weeks now.

^^ happened upon those guys a little while ago, they're good. I especially like this tune:

Local Denver band:

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    ^^ happened upon those guys a little while ago, they're good. I especially like this tune:

Local Denver band:
    Pulled up OTL on Spotify earlier this week and shuffled through catalog as my driving music for the day...though unless they shifted gears, their is some EDM or something OTL out there that mixed in as well.

TNN sounds like they have potential, but a Bon Jovi poster is not very punk. HA.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Pulled up OTL on Spotify earlier this week and shuffled through catalog as my driving music for the day...though unless they shifted gears, their is some EDM or something OTL out there that mixed in as well.
    Yeah I think there's some different EDM group with the same name or something? Spotify kinda fails at that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall
    TNN sounds like they have potential, but a Bon Jovi poster is not very punk. HA.
    Hah! They were playing in a local record store, I don't think they picked the decor.

Holy shit, saw the Descendents last night and did they ever rip! I last saw them in 87 when they played with Dag Nasty and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen so I was nervous to see them and ruin that memory. No worries on that end, they still got it. Only thing different was no nazi skins to destroy in the pit, used to love beating down nazis.

If you're an aging punk or even a young punk, go see them. A Wilhelm Scream opened and they were still ripping as well.

Name:  Attach16848_20180805_221002.jpeg
Views: 338
Size:  38.3 KB