Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Youth Brigade, 7 Seconds, and Bouncing Souls tonight. Face to Face tomorrow night!!! My ears are gonna be fucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

Black Flag raging with Rollins
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q-Bv0ahP6U
    Last edited by willywhit; 11-08-2008 at 03:29 PM.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

ceremony sucks...;................................s.s.s. balz

i didn't go when i got wind that blacklisted would not be there.

adam/nickjesus

check out this new denver band, and all of their influences

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=417971818

i was pretty excited that blacklisted was not there, and i did not stick around for have heart. but ceremony happens to rule
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

how can you not like blacklisted?

hardcore ideals? check
    tour constantly? check
    evolved into a more mature sound while remaining true to their roots? check

new album makes me think of if american nightmare were still a band. and listened to more deadguy.

they are generic and unoriginal, and guys voice is annoying.

Also, them not being there probably cut down on the number of assholes at the show, though there were still plenty as have heart was there (not directed at you).

How can you not love Ceremony's new album, lots of it is slowed down and dark as hell, while other songs are still really fast and awesome. And they too and perpetually on tour, they were here in June (i was out of town for that one) they were here last week, and they will be back in January, after their euro tour. 3 time in 12 months is pretty rad
    Last edited by nick > jesus; 11-09-2008 at 09:47 PM.

saying heavier than heaven.... or peace on earth... are generic albums blows my mind. like have you even listened? i am usually first to call something generic, but nope not at all.

just remembered these guys, one of the best shows i've ever seen.
    KARP

"The princess lay screaming and her cunt was RIPPED!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by the Mad View Post
    Just got my hands on Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards album "Viking."

Loving it, loving it.
    Solid album indeed.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Wow, the revival of this thread is PUNK, .

Social Distortion and Face to Face never get old to me, either.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Very little to add to this thread (it's all been said before), but feel the need to ^^agree that Social D and Face to Face never get old. I really don't give a shit what people say, the So-cal late 80s-mid 90s stuff was the shit. A lot of it all sounded the same, but most of it sounded good.

All the mentions of early Offspring stuff that didn't suck and no mention of the album "Ignition"?? By far their best work.

One new band to add to the list Balzac. Many consider them to be Japan's answer to the Misfits. I don't really hear it, maybe in lyrical content, but musically I don't see the connection. Very good stuff nonetheless. I just can't find the CD at any of my local music stores.

Any love for H20 around here? Not super original, but fun as hell live and they seem like decent guys (only met them briefly) who stick to their beliefs/values. One of the best shows I've ever seen was H20 when only probably 30 people showed up (this was the last of a series of great shows week after week) and they still came out gave it all.

And um the whole Agnostic Front debate. Definitely not white power. I'm not much of a fan, but the story I heard is that the red laces do represent racist skins and that they are being "kicked out of the US" (represented by the flag). Remember kids, skinhead =/= racist. Warzone is another band I've heard misrepresented as racist, totally false as well.
    One Life Crew on the other hand are a shitty no talent white power band that tried to disguise itself as a HC band. Fuck them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    the So-cal late 80s-mid 90s stuff was the shit.
    Early 80s was better.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

And um the whole Agnostic Front debate. Definitely not white power. I'm not much of a fan, but the story I heard is that the red laces do represent racist skins and that they are being "kicked out of the US" (represented by the flag). Remember kids, skinhead =/= racist. Warzone is another band I've heard misrepresented as racist, totally false as well.
    One Life Crew on the other hand are a shitty no talent white power band that tried to disguise itself as a HC band. Fuck them.
    I spent a few days hanging out with Roger, Vinnie, and crew when I was in Europe on tour as a roadie for Static Thought. They are good people, not racist.

The real reason I'm actually bumping this thread is to try and get some votes so I can speak at Boulder Theater on Dec 10th in Ignite Boulder 7 about my experiences as a roadie. If you haven't heard of Ignite yet, people get up on stage and speak for exactly 5 minutes on any topic. You have 20 slides, each 15 seconds long. My topic is 12,060 Kilometers in the Van: How I Survived Europe as a Roadie for an American Hardcore Punk Band

I went to the Ignite in foco last night and it was amazing, I'd highly recommend going. Here's the URL for the upcoming boulder Ignite - http://voting.igniteboulder.com/page...ons-and-voting , if you could find my topic and vote for me I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Haven't read through this whole thread, and don't know how to go about searching for a single letter, but I have always been partial to X, fucking loves those guys.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Dear punk rock,
    Can we kick out social distortion?

sincerely,
    Nick

Hi
    Pop punk has become a huge genre, and I don't like most of it. Some decent pop punk bands that I have respect for are: Fountains of Wayne, Jack's Mannequin, Motion City Soundtrack, The Get Up Kids and Jimmy Eat World.
    None of these sound much like My Chemical Romance, but (in my opinion) they are much better, and you won't find anything particularly new if you're just looking for similar bands.

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    Dear punk rock,

sincerely,
    Nick
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW9GCO0QfXo"]YouTube- I Was A Punk Before You Were A Punk -2007[/ame]

Dear punk rock,

sincerely,
    Nick
    Social D>Nick

Quote Originally Posted by daver View Post
    I spent a few days hanging out with Roger, Vinnie, and crew when I was in Europe on tour as a roadie for Static Thought. They are good people, not racist.

The real reason I'm actually bumping this thread is to try and get some votes so I can speak at Boulder Theater on Dec 10th in Ignite Boulder 7 about my experiences as a roadie. If you haven't heard of Ignite yet, people get up on stage and speak for exactly 5 minutes on any topic. You have 20 slides, each 15 seconds long. My topic is 12,060 Kilometers in the Van: How I Survived Europe as a Roadie for an American Hardcore Punk Band

I went to the Ignite in foco last night and it was amazing, I'd highly recommend going. Here's the URL for the upcoming boulder Ignite - http://voting.igniteboulder.com/page...ons-and-voting , if you could find my topic and vote for me I'd appreciate it, thanks.
    I can't make it this, so I think we need some roadie TRs on here.

I can't make it this, so I think we need some roadie TRs on here.
    I can do that-

Rebellionfest in Vienna

Unfuckwithable in Ghent, Belgium

MDC in Torino, Italy

Static Thought and Society's Parasites

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Now help me out with some votes, please! The presentation will also get put on youtube (if i make it). Tomorrow is the last full day to vote, they cut it off at some random time on wednesday.

Not all the greatest but here's the punk/sorta punk on my ipod at the moment -- most it is old school:

4 Skins
    Abrasive Wheels
    The Accused
    Agnostic Front
    Alternative (on Crass records)
    Angry Samoans
    Antischism
    Antisect
    Assrash
    The Belltones
    BGK
    Black Flag
    Blatz
    Broken Bones
    Caustic Christ
    Christ on a Crutch
    Christ on Parade
    Chumbawamba -- the real old stuff is killer peace punk
    Citizen Fish
    Corrosion of Conformity
    The Cramps
    Crass
    The Cro-mags
    Crucifix
    Culture Shock -- pre Citizen Fish/Subhumans -- more like Citizen Fish though
    Destroy!
    DI
    DRI
    Dayglo Abortions
    The Distillers
    The Donnas
    Doom
    The F.U.s
    Filth
    Flux of Pink Indians
    GBH
    A little GG Allin (he has some good stuff that isn't all screwed up)
    Helmet
    The Hives
    MDC
    Minor Threat
    Misery
    Misfits
    Naked Raygun
    Napalm Death
    Neurosis
    Nomeansno
    Rancid -- they're OK
    Raw Power
    RKL
    Rollins Band
    Social Distortion
    Stiff Little Fingers
    The Subhumans
    Suicidal Tendancies
    Toy Dolls
    Peace Compilation
    Maximum RockNRoll "Welcome to 1984" comp
    Youth of Today

Dear punk rock,

sincerely,
    Nick
    Mommy's Little Monster and Another State of Mind are classic. You don't like those either?
    Last edited by Crass3000; 11-16-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Dear punk rock,

sincerely,
    Nick
    I listen to Live at the Roxy from time to time, and they're music is OK, but they came off as a bunch of jerks when I saw them back in '98. They were playing the Warped Tour outside in Chicago, and it was raining all day. The stage was soaked, and every band was sliding all over the place, almost falling over while playing numerous times. Right before Social D came on, they had a big red carpet rolled out onto the stage, and the Social D guys didn't slide around at all. As soon as they were done playing, they rolled up the carpet, and all the rest of the bands continued to slide around. It just seemed like it would've been the nice thing to do to offer the carpet for all the other bands.
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

We're mountain people. This is what we do, this is how we live. -D.C.