Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Hey CS, can you do that thing with your camera where take mediocre riding and make it look like the guy riding has skillz?

Cuz that would be rad and stuff. If you can do that, bring your camera.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by CS
    Yeah, only the big bike, since the only other bike is the dirt jumper.

I realized the other day, as I was pedaling uphill on the bullit, that I've done more xc riding than downhill this summer. That makes me sad. Thank goodness the dirtjumping has kept me sane.
    I realized something today at DV - I have no idea how to ride a big bike anymore. Weaksauce! I could ride down most of the techy trails but the loose dusty loose rock shizzle was kicking my ass. I took a couple small tumbles, then once I was finally feeling good, took a big one OTB. Recovered from that one, was feeling good again, and then -again- tailbone smack that just ruined my mental state. DH is pissing me off. But I was really feeling the dirt jump action and some decent XC riding this year...I don't get it.

That said, CS do ya got anyone you're driving out with yet? I just realized I have next weekend free and clear...

Quote Originally Posted by Particle
    That said, CS do ya got anyone you're driving out with yet? I just realized I have next weekend free and clear...
    Nicole is going with me, but there is definitely room for ya. Only thing is we are leaving Thursday afternoon around 4. So if you can swing getting off work Friday and getting down to Orem around 4 or 5 (I'd even wait until 6 for ya) then by all means come to Mammoth with us.

Is anyone bringing ski's along for some August turns?

Also, on Saturday 12-5pm is the Mammoth Festival of Beers and Bluesapalooza with over 50 Breweries. More info at http://www.mammothmountain.com/bluesapalooza/artists/

forgot about the 9 hour drive, ugh. Can't really spare a day off unfortunately Sorry kidwoo...one of these days for sure.

http://www.mammothmountain.com/bike_...k/bike_report/

Hooray!!

Sounds like the only thing closed is upper velocity........which is always closed.

And there's beer to drink after riding on saturday. What's this till 5 nonsense though?

Quote Originally Posted by rad mammy info guy
    Intermediate trails now open - Bridge the Gap, Lincoln Express, Seven Bridges, Lower Skid Mark, Paper Route, Big Ring, Timber Ridge, Juniper, Lakes Trail (entire trail), Off the Top (to Beach Cruiser), Beach Cruiser, Brake Through, Shortcut, Mountainview

Expert trails now open - DC 10, Ricochet, Lower Velocity, Shotgun, Bullet (entire trail), Follow Me (entire trail), Kamikaze, Shock Treatment, Chainsmoke, Flow, Pipeline
    I'm heading down tomorrow morning for work and will be riding by friday.

See you kids there. Arty +new bike +mammoth dh trails = hella
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    See you kids there. Arty +new bike +mammoth dh trails =

Now if someone would just photoshop that to show air under my tires....and me landing nose down.

And yes, Shoe. Big bikes, big expectations, blah...blah...
    Last edited by Arty50; 08-01-2006 at 04:17 PM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

So what is the gameplan for meeting up and the sort?

Sounds like 9 am on Friday at the Gondola.

awwwwww yeah.....

(i'm a bit skeered, I'll admit... )
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by watersnowdirt
    Sounds like 9 am on Friday at the Gondola.

awwwwww yeah.....

(i'm a bit skeered, I'll admit... )
    Don't be skeered. You have a blue bike after all. Blue bikes rule.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I'll try to make it at 9am. Is there a plan B for a later time? I have some wheel biz to deal with in the morning in town, so I may be a tad late

Quote Originally Posted by Gebster
    I'll try to make it at 9am. Is there a plan B for a later time? I have some wheel biz to deal with in the morning in town, so I may be a tad late
    Don't know about a plan b. All I know is there is a large gaggle of people who're going to be up there. Saturday should be interesting for sure. Leaving in t-minus 3 or so hours. Excitement is on the rise, giddiness starting to set in.