Thread: Sigur Ros

Thumbs up Sigur Ros

Just listened to their CD. Wow. Sigur Ros just is amazing at creating the most beautiful melodies ever, and making epic songs. They are simply amazing. Even if they don't sing in English.

Quote Originally Posted by 3eyedsmiley
    Just listened to their CD. Wow. Sigur Ros just is amazing at creating the most beautiful melodies ever, and making epic songs. They are simply amazing. Even if they don't sing in English.
    Nor do they since in Icelandic, either.

Was stoked on their first album (haven't heard more recent stuff) and remembered being disappointed @ a show when I realized their singer wasn't a hot chick.

I also lost respect for them when I learned they sign in "Hope-landic", a imaginary language that is more positive than Icelandic. (It's true)

Liked what I've heard, though!

Yes, cool band. There was a link to one of their videos a while back, not sure where it is now but the video was pretty cool.

I have the first record and (). I like both, but haven’t bothered to pick up the new disc. I’ve never seen them live, but they seem to place cool venues (they played the orchestra hall in Seattle). Also, I agree that they “Hopelandic” thing is a little corny.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

The jibberish "hopelandic" thing is only on the parenthetical album. Von, Agaetis Byrjun, and Takk are all in Icelandic. They rule live. Seen them 3 times now. Incredible musicians. Von is the only "so-so" album, but the title track rules. The other 3 albums are incredible.

The real bowing of the electric guitar is pretty cool. Guy doesn't even use an e-bow, he whips out the proper catgut special.
    My favorite is Gömlu Lagaheitin "()", I think it's better than Takk. ANother more rare but good release is their Angels of the Universe soundtrack. Only one song with vox, but it's a good score.