Page 1076 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076
Results 26,876 to 26,889 of 26889
    What's in Duluth that a billionaire wants to buy up the housing stock?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/b...100300952.html

Kathy Cargill — wife of billionaire heir James Cargill II of the eponymous global food giant — has been spending millions of dollars buying up homes around Duluth’s sandbar.

However, residents in Minnesota's port city responded with concern, as fears over what Cargill plans to do with the properties — and how it might affect the local supply of single-family housing and their taxes. The unease only worsened after Cargill demolished a few of the homes, telling a local reporter they were “pieces of crap” and she “couldn’t imagine living in any of them.”
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

No idea what Cargill is up to, but FWIW Duluth is suggested as the best place to live in the event of massive global warming.

After reading the article, Kathy Cargill sounds like a megabitch. I thought most of those Richie Rich types were smart enough to keep their contempt for 99% of Americans under wraps.

•Applications to refinance a home loan fell 2% for the week and were 9% lower than the same week one year ago.

•Applications for a mortgage to purchase a home decreased 0.2% from the week before and were 16% lower year over year.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    •Applications to refinance a home loan fell 2% for the week and were 9% lower than the same week one year ago.

•Applications for a mortgage to purchase a home decreased 0.2% from the week before and were 16% lower year over year.
    Sounds like a great time to sell a house, amirite?

Updated homes in my hood still sell. Less desirable that need updates sit for months. Especially at $2mm and above. Lots for new luxury build are selling well.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Redfin is trying it. Not sure if it's fully baked yet.
    Redfin, based out of Seattle, has yet to grab any real share of listings there.....a clearly very tech savvy city. They captured less than 1% of market share in 2023 nationally. Younger tech savvy buyers and sellers are still opting to use actual human real estate agents.

Collusion. We def have some shananigans here in sf block Redfin in the past

I saw a full-page ad from a RE firm in the Big Sky newspaper last week proclaiming that "Big Sky is presenting a buyer's market." Along with a bunch of expensive listings.

"Presenting" made me chuckle.

Lemonade cancelled my homeowner insurance in 95762. Said I needed a new roof. It’s a 50 year concrete roof. Friend in Ukiah got the same cancel notice from a different insurance company. Getting dire. Will be largely a state run insurance fund if it keeps up.

Because it's easier to shrink than to go through CA rate processes. Any increase over 7% can be forced to a trial to justify it by any party, even if the department of insurance doesn't agree. This means that rate increases often take way longer and cost way more to do than in other states. Not to mention the climate changes leading to increased wildfire risk and how hard that is to price/predict.
    This is an older article, but illustrates some of the challenges that's leading many to exit the market (slowly or quickly) - https://www.spglobal.com/marketintel...ocess-76110864

Bias check: I work for a major insurance corp, so take that as you will.

Just talked with a friend in Alameda. His sister got cancelled in San Leandro after a drone flyover.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    After reading the article, Kathy Cargill sounds like a megabitch. I thought most of those Richie Rich types were smart enough to keep their contempt for 99% of Americans under wraps.
    “Married into secretive billionaire family” is the polite phrasing. Doesn’t have much taste in homes, here’s one of them. Indoor/Outdoor living that’s usable a couple months a year.
    https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...7_M75167-79302

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    What's in Duluth that a billionaire wants to buy up the housing stock?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/b...100300952.html
    I just drove down that street yesterday. I did see a number of tear downs happening. That beach is all public, I am sure she is going to throw some money around trying to get it closed. Good luck bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters