Page 608 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 ... LastLast
Results 15,176 to 15,200 of 26884
    I just sold in Encinitas CA. $1.3M home and negotiated 1% selling agent commission and &
    2% buyers agent fee. In this market, it should be easy to save that 1/2% on the buyers side. 8 days on MLS. We also used Endpoint for escrow, think fintech in real estate - flat fee $1k on each side. That saved us a chunk of money too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up on the escrow Nick as I hadn't heard about Endpoint before. Good move.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

The buyer is Patrick Dovigi, a retired Canadian professional hockey player turned entrepreneur. Mr. Dovigi is president and CEO of Green For Life Environmental, a Canadian environmental services and waste management company.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/aspen-m...on-11623782345

sounds like a good fella.... perhaps he is acquainted with a certain friend of mine who also is in waste management?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    A mansion overlooking downtown Aspen has sold for $72.5 million, according to two people familiar with the deal. Appraiser Jonathan Miller said the transaction sets a price record for a single-family home in the upscale Colorado ski town.

The deal follows the sale last year of a $57.25 million home in nearby Vail, Colo., which also set a record for that area, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The seller is Lewis A. Sanders, founder and chief executive of New York investment firm Sanders Capital, the people familiar with the deal said. Mr. Sanders was formerly chairman and chief executive of Sanford C. Bernstein, according to a biography on his company’s website. That company is now part of AllianceBernstein.

The roughly 22,000-square-foot, 11-bedroom compound, which includes a guesthouse, was purchased in 2009 for $43 million, according to public records. Mr. Sanders later renovated the property, according to a person familiar with the situation. It wasn’t publicly listed for sale this time around.

The buyer is Patrick Dovigi, a retired Canadian professional hockey player turned entrepreneur. Mr. Dovigi is president and CEO of Green For Life Environmental, a Canadian environmental services and waste management company.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/aspen-m...on-11623782345
    Nothing says "green for life" like 22k sq ft of mostly unused house.

Real Estate Crash thread

Sac dirt pimp calls top. Builders starting to offer incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    SOLD !

Way over asking price. Whiteroom Guardian earned a nice commission on the deal. Poor guy thought he was going to hot lap Big Sky’s bike park yesterday, he ended up stopped on the side of the trail wearing body armor and a full face helmet while jockeying a cell phone and a laptop dealing with insane people. 24 hours of madness. Worth it, I’m happy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Happy and sad at the same time. Congratulations. Ten years from now, you may look like more of a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    sounds like a good fella.... perhaps he is acquainted with a certain friend of mine who also is in waste management?

Ah, ya beat me.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    well when will you see what yur gonna ski while you pee?
    feel free to come fish with harry this july
    The way my prostate is growing.......that is yet to be determined

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...7T11%3A00%3A59

"Far worse than corporations taking a few thousand units off the market for owners are the governments and noisy NIMBYish residents taking millions of units off the market for owners and renters alike—by blocking construction projects in the past few decades. (California alone has an estimated shortage of 3 million housing units.) From New York to California, deep-blue cities and states have amassed a pitiful record of blocking housing construction and failing to meet rising demand with adequate supply. Many of the people tweeting about BlackRock are represented by city councils and state governments, or are surrounded by zoning laws and local ordinances that make home construction something between onerous and impossible."

https://www.ktvq.com/news/national/c...r-590-000-cash

So for almost $600k, you get rancid meat in the fridge and soiled carpets included. Nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35DE7EF0-B52F-44BF-BAE8-5FCB2AEC9066.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	748.7 KB 
ID:	377340
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    https://www.ktvq.com/news/national/c...r-590-000-cash

So for almost $600k, you get rancid meat in the fridge and soiled carpets included. Nice.
    "the national freeze on home foreclosures ends in July"

What's everyone's take on this when foreclosures start happening in July?

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post

finally, more supply!!!!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post

At least in my area: Mostly going to be the "cheap" houses (< $250,000 1/1 or 2/1, many of which are in rough shape), which will get snapped up as STR or "Flips" or Rentals by investor groups. Likely will have limited impact on bringing the middle market houses back down to earth (Aka the $400,000 3/2 houses that are presently selling for $700,000.)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    finally, more supply!!!!

/s
    The REIT's are licking their chomps. Those who missed out on deals thinking that prices will drop, or access to lower tier inventory that they possibly might afford coming on line will be sorely disappointed.

Anything that goes into foreclosure will be handled in a very slow, methodical and limited distribution plan. All in order to give the appearance of scarcity and maximize GP.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Hopefully Biden learned by watching Obama that it would be politically wise to stem foreclosures as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Nothing says "green for life" like 22k sq ft of mostly unused house.
    This. Yes, owning a ridiculously massive house like this just screams green.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...7T11%3A00%3A59

"Far worse than corporations taking a few thousand units off the market for owners are the governments and noisy NIMBYish residents taking millions of units off the market for owners and renters alike—by blocking construction projects in the past few decades. (California alone has an estimated shortage of 3 million housing units.) From New York to California, deep-blue cities and states have amassed a pitiful record of blocking housing construction and failing to meet rising demand with adequate supply. Many of the people tweeting about BlackRock are represented by city councils and state governments, or are surrounded by zoning laws and local ordinances that make home construction something between onerous and impossible."
    There are blocks of one story buildings on a main transit corridor zoned for 5 stories near me in Seattle that nobody wants to touch- some of them boarded up for years. A CVS took one of the best corners (complete with parking lot) a couple years ago and one apartment block went in but otherwise nobody seems to want to build. We've got decade old light rail stations with a only few token projects around them. All the development that is increasing units is either in Amazon land or people waiting for grandma to die and make it into 3 townhomes that each cost more than the original building. The city is already zoned to be able to add like 200k more units today.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    This. Yes, owning a ridiculously massive house like this just screams green.
    Ok but what if they throw in a membership to POW with the sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hopefully Biden learned by watching Obama that it would be politically wise to stem foreclosures as much as possible.
    Pretty sure Biden was doing more than fetching coffee for Obama and following Bo around with poop bags during the recovery from the last recession.

Phone calls to Ukraine?

Anyhoo, I am pretty skeptical that I'll be able to find a pretty affordable month to two month rental near a good western mountain after this absurd price hike for almost anything, It's not as though it was cheap and easy beforehand, but, this is getting ridiculous, when something like Harry's one bedroom his a near million dollar sale mark just a decade after the supposed housing crash. Then you look at Driggs, which, just a few years ago, was affordable to mere mortals, and now anything there seems to be hitting seven figures. I know it's been said a million times, but, where the fuck is the workforce for all of these ski hills going to live? And how the fuck can even upper middle class skiers afford the sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Pretty sure Biden was doing more than fetching coffee for Obama and following Bo around with poop bags during the recovery from the last recession.
    But does he remember any of that?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

we need a good virus world war or stock market melt down to get this shit under control how come they can't get anything right

affordable housing in the mtns is a joke I wish people would just shut the fuck up
    problem has been brewing for 10-15 years but you can't build your way out of the problem morans can't see that if they approve a 100 unit hotel development that means they need 100 employees duh? keep buildling it'll solve all the problems

too many people are getting rich in mtn towns to there is no way they want to pay real wages cause that cuts into their income
    benifits don't come to a mtn town for benefits you get to ski ain't that enough cause benefits cut into profits and you have to charge the poor touron more to have fun darn
    drug free bus drivers start around 19 an hr? duh?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I know it's been said a million times, but, where the fuck is the workforce for all of these ski hills going to live? And how the fuck can even upper middle class skiers afford the sport?
    https://www.tetonvalleynews.net/news...23efa7918.html

I blame all this on the new generation of powder skis. They make it too easy to ski out West. Lot less of this tomfoolery went on when everyone was on 207cm skinny skis.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang