Page 1046 of 1070 FirstFirst ... 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 ... LastLast
Results 26,126 to 26,150 of 26734
    Ya skiing Huntah?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ha. Only skied it once. Was a Wyndham guy in college. Easier to point it north on 87 to the ADK.

Hope to ski plattekill, the Silverton of the Catskills.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Ya skiing Huntah?
    I rode a red plastic sled down Bristol

Sadly, no run down mountain towns or hill towns even on the list.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/drea...153047851.html

Places across the US offer cash, homes, and other perks to lure remote workers and other relocators.

Insider rounded up the states, cities, and towns that will reward you to move there in some way.

The requirements to claim the incentives vary from full-time residency to a real-estate purchase.

Remote work and the search for housing that's affordable have permanently reshaped where people live — and cities across the US are noticing.

A number of places are offering new residents big incentives, like cash or free land.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

^^Those towns should be thanking their lucky stars they AREN'T being targeted by remote workers. Fools.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    ^^Those towns should be thanking their lucky stars they AREN'T being targeted by remote workers. Fools.
    Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Please elaborate.
    Seriously? You are completely unaware of what's going on in places like Montana due to the influx of remote workers?

If you have to promote and pay people to move to one of those towns, then maybe they aren't all that great. Most of the places on the list have remote work requirements probably because there are no jobs in those places. They are looking for higher net income earners for the tax revenue.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Seriously? You are completely unaware of what's going on in places like Montana due to the influx of remote workers?
    But maybe Kansas doesn’t view these folks as a negative like Montana does.

Seriously - there are a lot of Midwestern towns in which *death* of the town is the main threat.

And it's primarily because these places suck.

That was Montana 10-20 years ago. With all the natural resource jobs disappearing everybody thought people working "over the Internet" were going to be the savior of the state's economy. And for awhile it was okay. Then covid kicked the migration into overdrive and now people working remotely has proven to be the ruination of a really cool place where young people used to be able to move with nothing and live cheaply and live a great life enjoying the mountains and rivers--paying the "scenery tax" because high paying jobs were rare. Now real estate values are through the roof and my own kids will never be able to afford to buy a house or live where they grew up.

So these towns better be careful what they wish for is all I'm saying.

That was Montana 10-20 years ago. With all the natural resource jobs disappearing everybody thought people working "over the Internet" were going to be the savior of the state's economy. And for awhile it was okay. Then covid kicked the migration into overdrive and now people working remotely has proven to be the ruination of a really cool place where young people used to be able to move with nothing and live cheaply and live a great life enjoying the mountains and rivers--paying the "scenery tax" because high paying jobs were rare. Now real estate values are through the roof and my own kids will never be able to afford to buy a house or live where they grew up.

So these towns better be careful what they wish for is all I'm saying.
    Climate is going to make Montana even more desirable over the next 50 years as well... used to be the prospect of the horrific winters was enough to deter a lot of people.

I don't think these small towns have much to worry about. There's not a lot of attraction to these places, which is why they are having to pay people to move there. Other than maybe the two college towns mentioned for Purdue and WVA.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    If you have to promote and pay people to move to one of those towns, then maybe they aren't all that great. Most of the places on the list have remote work requirements probably because there are no jobs in those places. They are looking for higher net income earners for the tax revenue.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Seriously - there are a lot of Midwestern towns in which *death* of the town is the main threat.

And it's primarily because these places suck.
    75% of Montana is Kansas with a different last name. There are still eastern Montana dumps nobody wants to live in.

but goddamn, living in sone place like summit co Colorado with all the moron remote workers and the moron parasites cashing in? Fuck that. You need to shower to wash off that asshole more than after a Jersey Shore Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I don't think these small towns have much to worry about. There's not a lot of attraction to these places, which is why they are having to pay people to move there. Other than maybe the two college towns mentioned for Purdue and WVA.
    The industry or the local factory leaves town and then there is nothing to support these places. Maine is a good example. There were lots of small factory towns and when the manufacturing went over seas the towns dried up. Shoe manufacturing jobs in particular. Now all that is left is empty downtowns and meth.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    75% of Montana is Kansas with a different last name. There are still eastern Montana dumps nobody wants to live in.

but goddamn, living in sone place like summit co Colorado with all the moron remote workers and the moron parasites cashing in? Fuck that. You need to shower to wash off that asshole more than after a Jersey Shore Friday night
    I've been to both places, and I will take the a-hole stench of Summit Co. over the Jersey Shore at least 6 months out of the year.

I'm 95% sure I walked through this place over the summer when it was about 67% complete. No way this house would have gone for more than maybe $750k pre-COVID. It's crazy what they are asking for new construction in Bend.

https://www.redfin.com/OR/Bend/1185-...90eXBlPTMmej0w

Hey if a WFH family wants to repopulate the midwest instead of the more desirable locations then thats one less group of people standing in line at your local Bozeman Starbucks. I don’t have a problem with them or anyone repopulating the plains. Maybe they’ll change the voting habits there too. The more we can spread people out the better.

Girl, don't even get me started. I spent the better half of a decade trying to find husband material in Summit County. The WORST jackass was a remote worker moron. Even the disabled line cook who admitted to a murder on our first date was better company.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Well, there you have it. Summit Co sucks because they admit murder Jersey Shore knows to lie.

Well, there you have it. Summit Co sucks because they admit murder Jersey Shore knows to lie.
    Idk why he dropped that bomb on me, man. We were having a great time closing down Coppertop and getting ready to take it to Mulligans for dinner. Moron.

I says, "I'm going to the bathroom" and high tail it to the parking lot bus like, "Drive! I got a murderer behind me!" And then high tailed it back to Denver with one bare foot and one ski boot. An experience I will never soon forget.

Ugh, what a nightmare first date. So glad I'm not single anymore!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

So what? This completely misses the point. And it's a myth anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Climate is going to make Montana even more desirable over the next 50 years as well... used to be the prospect of the horrific winters was enough to deter a lot of people.
    There are agents already marketing this to texassicans. I think it's just awesome - you play a big part in ruining the climate, it makes your home inhabitable, so why not move north where there's still water and it's not yet too hot to live. Yee Haw, lots of real estate agents (and property owners) in New Mexico and Colorado made millions off of 'em over the last thirty or forty years, why not get some of that filthy lucre?
    Last edited by I Skied Bandini Mountain; 11-27-2023 at 08:53 PM.

https://billings.craigslist.org/reo/...679817739.html

dunfree and I are moving in together, with his poor credit and bench warrants it's time for a change. Luckily this gem is right up our alley.

We look forward to hosting many of you to the yet undiscovered ski mecca of Forsythe.