Page 788 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 ... LastLast
Results 19,676 to 19,700 of 26985
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Jeezus Christ... seriously? Goddam.

Wait, that's humor, right? I know he smokes a ton of weed, but I didn't take him for a dirty hippy

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Taxing for a purpose, education, vs taxing as the means to stop people from making so much money on STRs is a very different thing. I get that you don’t like STRs. I’m not that big of a fan either, but they do have a benefit to the tourist towns and some of the people in those towns. They just need to be managed realistically. Not taxed out of existence.
    I'm open to using taxation to discourage behaviors that the community determines should be discouraged...that's probably one hallmark of a liberal. I agree there's room for debate about how to balance the property rights of people who want to open STRs with the rights of their neighbors to quiet enjoyment of their homes...presumably if they bought houses next to hotels, they would have different expectations. Then there's the overall impact on housing prices to consider too. But yeah, I think managed realistically is a reasonable end goal, I don't necessarily support taxing STRs out of existence, though I would looove for them to have two or three year operating permits where the applications have to be approved by the owners of neighboring properties. Ahh, what a NIMBY wet dream that would be.

I think the school in my neighborhood is annoying.
    Me too, it's the damn minivan drivers

In my mind most of the people who post here are just alteregos from teleturns.com or highalpinewhine.com or mtbarrrgh.com who still use equipment from 1996 and are just bored people making 6 figures with enough investments to sustain the impending implosion because they did so the last few times and they still are basic white boys last time they checked. Men of leisure just like Fred. Guess I'm that guy also. Never thought I would be so thankful to be GenX

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    There we go didn't think of that one
    Thered be a riot it'd be like giving it away could you imagine less than 200k for prime real estate?

But would I have to put the blood stained plywood sub floor back in and tge piss and shit?
    And dig up the body cemented into the concrete base.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Libertarians: republicans who smoke pot

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Nah, there's two types:
    1. The real type who understand the load of true independence. Likely live in deep woods/off grid to prevent compromise of values.
    2. Selfish people who don't want to pay taxes - this is most (90+%). May also like to spray on the internet.

If you're confused about which you are - if you use roads without thinking about their cost, own a phone or have failed to invest in your own water and electricity supplies, you're #2.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    On the good side of the canal too.
    There's a bad side?

STR sin tax. Got it.

Next up.
    Tax all home offices to prevent WFHers.
    Left lane tax if you are driving less than ten over the limit in that lane.
    Tax on condoms
    Tax on birth control
    Tax on tax.
    Tax on not being taxed.
    Tax on voting blue.
    Tax to vote

But seriously. There are more tax breaks than there are taxes. Maybe you get a break if just don’t own an STR?

So do you want to raise taxes on long term rentals too? That should help rent prices and the housing crisis.

Where do you draw the line?

Tax the business, not the property.

And all of these costs will be passed on to the consumer. So remember, if you ever plan on traveling and staying anywhere, it is going to come out of your pockets. So you are advocating for a tax on yourself. The circle of life.
    Yup. Whenever I visit Italy, I pay a pretty hefty VAT on a lot of things, but I also appreciate the fact that 600 to even 2000 year old structures and thousands of frescos and paintings and nice little villages cost a shit ton to renovate and maintain. That's my fee. I'm good with it.

Teton County Idaho should elect Putin to county commissioner. I'll bet he'd invade Alta in short order and annex it into Idaho so they can collect all that tax revenue from Targhee.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Why sell now when the home will be worth $2 million in a few more years.
    thanks bro you sound like my father "you can never sell that house"
    me, "then give me 200k so I can go buy another house in a better town" I was working on my mom about that today

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Why sell it when you could make a mint using it as an STR?
    fuck short term rentals seriously I hate short term rentals

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Wait, that's humor, right? I know he smokes a ton of weed, but I didn't take him for a dirty hippy
    my hair is past my tits does that count for being a hippie?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Lol Fred isn't allowed at Breck ski resort anymore due to his lifestyle choices.
    as usual B-LOW-ME
    my buddy and I were talking shit last week he doesn't ski breck anymore cause a couple years ago he got pissed and hit the stop button on imperial lift and made a big scene it was good
    breck sucks anyways
    when I make some cute little telly turns before dark tonight I'll be thinking of you as I get down on one knee

"Tax all home offices to prevent WFHers. "

Trump tax cut the work from home deductions so I would consider it a tax increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yup. Whenever I visit Italy, I pay a pretty hefty VAT on a lot of things, but I also appreciate the fact that 600 to even 2000 year old structures and thousands of frescos and paintings and nice little villages cost a shit ton to renovate and maintain. That's my fee. I'm good with it.

Yeah. You can Venmo me a few lira next time you come visit Isak Heartstone you fucking gaper.

Wtf? You guys think taxes on STRs will go where they logically should go? They’ll go into some slush fund to buy the mayor a new house because he cant afford to live here.

Yeah. You can Venmo me a few lira next time you come visit Isak Heartstone you fucking gaper.

Wtf? You guys think taxes on STRs will go where they logically should go? They’ll go into some slush fund to buy the mayor a new house because he cant afford to live here.
    Oh my. You actually think life is supposed to be fair.

You really sound like such an entitled, well, we used to say Yuppie, but I suspect a trust funder seriously dabbling in RE, and just being a jerk about it because you just don't want to share. You want all of the birthday cake and ice cream.

You should visit Europe and look around. They share more. Less flash, much more substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh my. You actually think life is supposed to be fair.

You really sound like such an entitled, well, we used to say Yuppie, but I suspect a trust funder seriously dabbling in RE, and just being a jerk about it because you just don't want to share. You want all of the birthday cake and ice cream.

You should visit Europe and look around. They share more. Less flash, much more substance.
    OMG Bunny went to Italy once! Please regale us with tales of all the wonderful taxes you paid.

OMG Bunny went to Italy once! Please regale us with tales of all the wonderful taxes you paid.
    We could learn quite a few things from Western Europe...

Five times. Twice for a month.

that was fucking funny and pretty sure benny's facebook page is filled with photos of him smack dap between isaacs crotch posing like a gaper

and the mayors house isn't too shabby at all but I think pizza and beers payed for that ballin pad, his parents house wasn't anything spectacular to say the least

and no actually taxes on short terms are pretty f'd up, they would have to be earmarked for code enforcement of short terms regarding building inspections and complaint hot lines then a bunch of those taxes would goto advertising tourons to come visit and take their picture with isaac whats his face, mostly cause the gov't is too short sighted to say hey maybe we need to improve roads with that money too, been invoivled in a few meetings regarding taxation of short terms and it's a bitch you can't just tax them and toss the money into a pot it has too all be earmarked for something that deals with short term rentals and our need for gapers

been invoivled in a few meetings regarding taxation of short terms and it's a bitch you can't just tax them and toss the money into a pot it has too all be earmarked for something that deals with short term rentals and our need for gapers
    There is some truth to that but not the entire truth in every locality. Depending on the town of course, a certain percentage of transient room taxes often do have to be earmarked for tourism promotion, but often the rest can go to other things like affordable housing and general fund items.

However there are also other ways to “tax” STRs without taxing them, like yearly license fees that are high enough to help cover enforcement costs and mitigate the negative effects of STRs on communities—and this includes paying for infrastructure. STRs are a gold mine—Tax the shit out em, especially investor STRs. $150 yearly license fees are a joke when STR owners are making $250-$1000/night. If an STR owner want to get into the hotel business in residential neighborhoods with the the attendant deleterious effects on a community, they should have to pay to play for the privilege.

^^ people went ballistic when they raised the average short term rental lic fee from a few hundred bucks a year to $1,600.00

the letters to the editor were funny as shit when it happened, it was all me me me me and what I do for the local economy and now I'm going to have raise my rental fees (lets say 10.00) and those people aren't going to be spending money in stores and restaurants because of these fees, I can't make that shit up, some of these short term homeowners actually patted themselves on the back and said they were "job creators"

Real Estate Crash thread

I just don’t see how you can tax them more than Hotels.
    Our city council is pushing new hotel construction, because they want “warm beds” and the occupants spend more money in restaurants.
    But we already have a huge inventory of existing housing, much of which is underutilized. Taxing these units excessively, discourages the owner from renting, increasing the housing problem.
    Last edited by Shredhead; 01-26-2022 at 09:02 PM.

Huh? Having STR causes housing issues, not alleviate them. Major difference between LTR and STR. And an even bigger difference between owner occupied and an investment rental.

Real Estate Crash thread

So instead of utilizing the existing stock of housing. Just build more hotels, to accommodate the tourists, that actually pay the bills, too make the Bull-wheels turn?

TaxingSTR’s excessively , just increases vacancy.
    Charging a licensing fee, discourages people who only rent occasionally.

If your problem is over stock of existing housing, you don't have the housing issue most of us are talking about. Yours is high inventory, low demand.

Most areas are: low inventory, extremely high demand. Thus requisite people you need for the community are priced out. If that inventory is bought by people for STR investment property, that is dwindling that supply even more.

I haven't seen "too much vacancy, too much inventory" anywhere near where I live so it almost seems like a fairy tale. I can't imagine STR are very sought after in areas where people don't want to live?

Here is a legit problem I have and I want to consult the wellto do all caring worldly members of tgr

I was in Aurora this morning and realized I hatemy life but love the smell of halal food and Mexican laundry soap the smell of white people and money sucks

So can doone of two things what would you do

A) I can deed restrict my single family home and get around 100k check to do so unfortunately 100k is chump change sorry not sorry the ded restriction would limit the home tobe sold rented or occupied by a local who is employed in scummit when I go to sell it the earning potential could be limited by the deed restriction this restriction I'd put on it has no Cap'n on appreciation

B) or fuck every one cause 20 years ago I was smart enough to buy a house and I got here before all you sorry fucks and I got lucky so I want my million bucks
    Breck to Aurora and back, no wonder you’re so salty, vibes.
    How much are the trailers, in that trailer park, just north of the ski shop on the corner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    If your problem is over stock of existing housing, you don't have the housing issue most of us are talking about. Yours is high inventory, low demand.
    I believe he lives in Aspen and that the empty homes he's talking about belong to wealthy folks who aren't there much but who don't rent. I'm not sure what a tax on STRs does to those folks but not much. Maybe discourage them from renting out the houses they already don't rent out? Is that the drift of it?