Page 783 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 ... LastLast
Results 19,551 to 19,575 of 26889
    you fucking punters
    never won a spelling bee
    did get a participation award for ski town life

and I enjoy seperating new comers from their wad of cash I'm good at it to the tune of millions
    and this chick I was with last week said I gave a good rim job I think that has to do with smoking bowls
    happy hour you bitches

So when a new guy shows up with loads of cash, rather than scheme of ways to separate him from his money, which is what they should be doing, they just sit around pissed off at the world.
    I know you have it all figured out but this is the least of most peoples worries. Mostly it is about style, tact and respect and many newcomers have none. Change is the only constant. But when you move somewhere just to tell the townies that they are doing it all wrong, you come of like a douche. Its kinda like going on vacation and telling the locals the food sucks.

People with the big boy city flex will almost always win, but it doesn't mean the working locals have to like it. You are not smarter than everyone. You are not making the place better, just different.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I know you have it all figured out but this is the least of most peoples worries. Mostly it is about style, tact and respect and many newcomers have none. Change is the only constant. But when you move somewhere just to tell the townies that they are doing it all wrong, you come of like a douche. Its kinda like going on vacation and telling the locals the food sucks.

People with the big boy city flex will almost always win, but it doesn't mean the working locals have to like it. You are not smarter than everyone. You are not making the place better, just different.
    Granted, but just because someone comes from somewhere else doesn’t mean they’re categorically wrong about things where they ended up.

You can buy title, but you can't buy class.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Granted, but just because someone comes from somewhere else doesn’t mean they’re categorically wrong about things where they ended up.
    No, but it is fucking offensive when when you have a superiority complex and think you here to make everything better and save the place. So often, they take no time to learn the room. I can only speak to what I know and of coarse all generalization are false but 'round here your you have no status until you earn it. If it didn't happen in meat space in Grand County, literally nobody cares. It just gets old when people think they are somebody and get all pissy when the plumber didn't call them back in 24 hours or the HOA President cut them short in the zoom.

There are assholes from everywhere, I get that. But if you don't like what we got going on here, don't move here. If you are not willing to own that some of the challenges we are experiencing as a community may in small part be due to your actions, maybe lay low and stay out of the public eye for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, 300 million is more than trust fund level.

Hustler and tax cheat. But everyone in that industry does that.
    Or just a cheat cheat. Screws over his subcontractors regularly. Everybody who's worked in construction knows what that's all about. Seen it myself many times.

Donald Trump often portrays himself as a savior of the working class who will "protect your job." But a USA TODAY NETWORK analysis found he has been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits over the past three decades — and a large number of those involve ordinary Americans, like the Friels, who say Trump or his companies have refused to pay them.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uits/85297274/

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm a Boomer, but I haven't moved to a stupid gun toting state just to save on taxes. I like being around smart people.
    Those appear to be in short supply these days. I'm referring to smart people. Not the gun toting types which are ubiquitous.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

See that part of...I'm not ever sure what "gun totin'" means but I do know this. If you move to the mountains of the American West, you are probably gonna need to get along with those who you define as "Stupid" and "Gun Totin'". They might wear Wranglers, they might where khakis. They might be your kids teacher, they might be the County Commissioner.

There are a lotta self described tolerant people who are only tolerant of those like them. As mentioned, this is why we got Trump. There is a whole class of people that just have to be right. That can't even consider while anyone would think any different than them.

Ah yes the eternal “we want goods jobs in the tradesmen and to cash in our places, but also make sure nothing changes” California blue collar localism of the real estate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    No, but it is fucking offensive when when you have a superiority complex and think you here to make everything better and save the place. So often, they take no time to learn the room. I can only speak to what I know and of coarse all generalization are false but 'round here your you have no status until you earn it. If it didn't happen in meat space in Grand County, literally nobody cares. It just gets old when people think they are somebody and get all pissy when the plumber didn't call them back in 24 hours or the HOA President cut them short in the zoom.

There are assholes from everywhere, I get that. But if you don't like what we got going on here, don't move here. If you are not willing to own that some of the challenges we are experiencing as a community may in small part be due to your actions, maybe lay low and stay out of the public eye for a bit.
    I don’t want to argue with you because I think we’re both right. There are just as many assholes that have been in “the community” forever as there are that just moved in. It’s just that at the moment I’m tired of the assholes that reject every idea out of hand that came from someone that hasn’t been here as long as their grandpa. But yeah, a lot of newcomers are assholes too.

And like dunfree points out, some local sold out to the newcomers.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I don’t want to argue with you because I think we’re both right. There are just as many assholes that have been in “the community” forever as there are that just moved in. It’s just that at the moment I’m tired of the assholes that reject every idea out of hand that came from someone that hasn’t been here as long as their grandpa. But yeah, a lot of newcomers are assholes too.

And like dunfree points out, some local sold out to the newcomers.
    The quality of irony is not strained.

Is localism any different from another cultural attribute? Dress codes and materialism stand in for race and class just fine, but if you can't find another way to win a pissing contest, bust out some religious or agist bigotry and get to work--or just see who's stayed put the longest.

Fred, you should key your own sprinter van as an act of creative destruction. It'll make you feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The quality of irony is not strained.

Is localism any different from another cultural attribute? Dress codes and materialism stand in for race and class just fine, but if you can't find another way to win a pissing contest, bust out some religious or agist bigotry and get to work--or just see who's stayed put the longest.
    its never who’s stayed put the longest.

Never is a very long time. Looks like your travels have not been all inclusive. Sad. Pissing contest lost.

Never is a very long time. Looks like your travels have not been all inclusive. Sad. Pissing contest lost.
    Still can’t read for context I see. Never, as in, it’s always not quite as recent transplants from somewhere rich like foggy goggles bitching about the newer crop of transplants so they can fit in.

I caught your meaning. I'm saying you're wrong, that's just a version of the same. And by revealing your ignorance on a meaningless topic on the internet you've exposed yourself to ultimate judgment. Because the irony is not bounded by reason.

I caught your meaning. I'm saying you're elf, that's just a version of the same. And by revealing your ignorance on a meaningless topic on the internet you've exposed yourself to ultimate judgment. Because the irony is not bounded by reason.
    Always an engineer, you are.

Like that. Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Move somewhere and don't get involved in the community and people complain.
    Move somewhere and get involved in the community and people complain.

Mostly, people just want to complain and remind you they are more local than you are because they moved there before you did.
    I think it has even tamped down the bitching about the youths. My favorite though is some boomer bitching about the migrants and bitching about the local kids who grew up there.

Everybody loves a hustler, nobody wants to hustle.

Re: change

STR usage tax at the Commercial Property Tax rate
    A gondi from town to alleviate traffic on 40
    A legitimate public transportation system to facilitate workers being able to live in Granby and HSS
    No decreased density rezones
    No more good ol' boy business owner welfare masquerading affordable housing initiatives
    Massive increasing in compensation to public employees

How is that to start?

Public transit is subsidized everywhere in America, even in the most dense neighborhoods in NYC and San Francisco (the densest places in America). Subsidized meaning fares don't cover the costs. Transit is not subsidized in places on earth more dense than NYC, like Hong Kong.

So my question is how are you going to pay for a ghondi and this public transportation system you speak of in ski town USA? Same for increased pay to public employees?

Also, why do you dislike decreased density? I assume what you are referring to is a plan to increase density in the urban centers, but decrease density away from those central urban areas in an effort to maintain rural character. In other words, urban planning. I remember Aaron Rider bringing this concept up on a Teton Valley rezone last year (and opposing it).

Most public transit systems spend more money collecting fares than they receive from those fares.

Idaho, Florida, Arizona, and Texas cities top list of most overvalued real estate markets

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (19).png 
Views:	66 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	402906

I think that you misunderstood, he says "No Decreased Density Rezones"

But I agree, a lot of Foggy's ideas cannot be accomplished without raising taxes on the locals, which would have to be put to a vote, and if passed, would hurt locals even more. F-that. Need to figure out how to take money from the tourists, and 2nd homeowners, w/o hurting the locals. Lift ticket taxes, resort fees, STR taxes and licensing, etc.

However, taxing STR properties as commercial can open up a whole world of problems. Unintended, very bad, problems. El Paso county is trying it out, let them be the guinea pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    However, taxing STR properties as commercial can open up a whole world of problems. Unintended, very bad, problems. El Paso county is trying it out, let them be the guinea pigs.
    Oh? I'm interested in the whole STR thing ever since the house next door became an STR. What are the problems you see around taxing them as commercial?