Page 765 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... LastLast
Results 19,101 to 19,125 of 27096
    Anyone interested in a former data center disguised as a home (assumption mine) in Dallas for one mil?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...18222349_zpid/

A property unlike any other! With walls, flooring, and ceiling made of concrete, this property can serve as the perfect storage spot for large wine collections, art collections, multiple cars, as well as serving as the ultimate safe house. The building is connected to two electrical grids and also features a generator that has is powered by two diesel fuel tanks, making the chance of power loss a very rare. With office space as well as warehouse space and large outdoor area, there are many ways this property can be utilized.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Anyone interested in a former data center disguised as a home (assumption mine) in Dallas for one mil?

wut

A data center built to look like a house? Why?

I'm assuming to service the needs of the area. I think this was more likely a telephone (POTS) "substation". But, at almost 6K sq ft, this seems to be quite large for the area.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post

I feel like we've seen this one here on TGR before. Maybe Cool House thread?

I sold my house in Idaho in like 5 days for straight cash for over a hundred per square over the highest before seen in the hood and the house I’m buying in NH just had the appraisal come in well over the contract price. I think there might be something to the whole buyer to available property ratio increasing during the off-season this year.

That’s all well and good, but I’ve been pretty blown away just how sloppy everything has been. I’m a finance guy so naturally in tune with this kinda stuff but the amount of errors on paperwork I’ve had to catch along the way has been mind boggling. From insurance to title and everywhere else. People are just throwing money around and giving zero fucks apparently because every time I brought something up it was just a shoulder shrug and some comment along the lines of no one ever reads this stuff...for real? On the most expensive purchase of people’s lives? It hasn’t been anything super consequential, a couple hundred here or 10 to 20 a month there but still.

Anyway, pumped on the new hood. Super cool historic building in one of the best school districts in the state. 5 mins from a ski lift. 5 minutes to the boat launch. I dig it.

Straight cash, homie?

Cool about the move, you mind saying what town or at least region? Congrats.

I'm gonna guess Newport or right close by it. We almost moved to Newbury when I was a kid but my folks bailed at the last minute.

Yeah, it was pretty wild. The guy actually tried to pay for the house with a personal check to the title co which felt like the most Jackson thing ever to me. Like of course that check is good, he was probably worth 100 times that amount or something.

And actually pretty close but a little further north. Everything is a little smaller and a little slower and just feels right to me.

Death Cult Starter Home?
    Ticks all of the boxes

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...45025343_zpid/
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Damn, that MT place must warrant the most WTF yet on this thread.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Damn, that MT place must warrant the most WTF yet on this thread.
    I'm not sure about that, there's been a lot of WTF in this thread, but there's something unsettling about the way this building is trying to drown itself. The chapel was kind of creepy too.

Name:  house.JPG
Views: 427
Size:  158.6 KB
    Last edited by dan_pdx; 12-07-2021 at 10:48 PM.

First place I lived in CO
    lake-creek-village-apartments-sale-nets-eagle-county-50-million-for-workforce-housing-projects/

[The listing received a high level of interest from buyers with 251 confidentiality agreements signed by interested buyers." "The purchase price is $81,850,000]

That place is nuts, and sketch AF. Interesting that it's pending. Who sold it? Who the hell is buying it?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Death Cult Starter Home?
    Ticks all of the boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I sold my house in Idaho in like 5 days for straight cash for over a hundred per square over the highest before seen in the hood and the house I’m buying in NH just had the appraisal come in well over the contract price. I think there might be something to the whole buyer to available property ratio increasing during the off-season this year.

That’s all well and good, but I’ve been pretty blown away just how sloppy everything has been. I’m a finance guy so naturally in tune with this kinda stuff but the amount of errors on paperwork I’ve had to catch along the way has been mind boggling. From insurance to title and everywhere else. People are just throwing money around and giving zero fucks apparently because every time I brought something up it was just a shoulder shrug and some comment along the lines of no one ever reads this stuff...for real? On the most expensive purchase of people’s lives? It hasn’t been anything super consequential, a couple hundred here or 10 to 20 a month there but still.

Anyway, pumped on the new hood. Super cool historic building in one of the best school districts in the state. 5 mins from a ski lift. 5 minutes to the boat launch. I dig it.
    Hangover area?
    Welcome (back?) to NH. You post opinions here, so you have a strong start to true NH citizenry by being an opinionated curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I'm not sure about that about that, there's been a lot of WTF in this thread, but there's something unsettling about the way this building is trying to drown itself. The chapel was kind of creepy too.

Name:  house.JPG
Views: 427
Size:  158.6 KB
    There must be a weird back story to this place and we must know!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Death Cult Starter Home?
    Ticks all of the boxes

Am I so warped by this market that I think this is a steal, all things considered?

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Am I so warped by this market that I think this is a steal, all things considered?
    I thought so too. $3.5M would barely buy a decent 3500sf house in a nice development around here. 160 acres, a spring, and assorted weird and wacko buildings for that seems like a bargain.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    This places give me the absolute creeps, though I can see how throwing a massive party here with required LSD-dosing at the entrance could lead to an interesting day.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I thought so too. $3.5M would barely buy a decent 3500sf house in a nice development around here. 160 acres, a spring, and assorted weird and wacko buildings for that seems like a bargain.
    If you have a viable use for it. I am sure the yearly upkeep to maintain status quo on these structures alone will be like flushing money down the toilet.

I've never played Far Cry, but that place sure looks like it belongs in this game-

I'm not one of those people who calls everyone Nazis but trying to raise money to fund an exclusive walled Bavarian style village in that part of Montana seems at least a little questionable. On the other hand I've always wondered what's up some of those drainages so it's cool to see.

With a minute of googling there's an interesting story about the guy paying for a demolition permit and destroying his house in Enumclaw with his bulldozer during a divorce in the 80s.

I’m gonna buy it and turn it into a backcountry base for JONGs

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I'm not one of those people who calls everyone Nazis but trying to raise money to fund an exclusive walled Bavarian style village in that part of Montana seems at least a little questionable.
    Religious and/or corporate retreat center? I've been to both kinds of events overnight and its usually some remote "compound" that can handle large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Religious and/or corporate retreat center? I've been to both kinds of events overnight and its usually some remote "compound" that can handle large groups.
    True, it's just my initial reaction. The other thought was at least it's a good place to be raided by federal agents. Yours is much more reasonable.